Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 956048 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1350 on: May 17, 2016, 08:35:59 PM »

More importantly, why wouldn't the Republic fight the FO head on? Why was there only a Resistance?

Pure political weakness and cowardice.  The idiots disarmed.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1351 on: May 17, 2016, 09:17:39 PM »

The Republic didn't consider the First Order to be a threat.   Plus there seems to be some evidence that they may have been a rival political movement that was sympathetic to the ideals of the New Order and thus would turn a blind eye towards the First Order in hopes of allowing their faction to come into power and restore at least some of the New Order's policies without crowning a new emperor.

The Republic stood down after the armistice with the Empire as the Empire was effectively defanged.  Also it ended nearly thirty years of continual military spending  (not only of the Republic but also of former Separatist worlds) and conflict that started in the Clone Wars and ended at Jakku.  The "present day" Republic fleet is nowhere near as large as the Clone War's era Republic fleet, but is still the largest fleet in the Galaxy.

As for where the fleet was.  We could see about a dozen capital ships in orbit when the capital was destroyed.  One can guess the other planets were the naval yards and the like for the large ships.  A "fleet in being" I think is the term.  The major capital ships stay in port as a potential threat to anyone that attacks the Republic, while smaller ships deal with the every day piracy patrols and border patrols.

Starkiller Base evened the odds for the First Order.  With the Republic's main fleet gone, their new larger Star Destroyers will have an advantage over whatever the Republic has left in the Galaxy.  In both size and perhaps numbers.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1352 on: May 18, 2016, 05:04:52 PM »

Pure political weakness and cowardice.  The idiots disarmed.

"A wise king (leader) never seeks out war. But he must always be ready for it." - Odin Allfather

The Republic didn't consider the First Order to be a threat.   Plus there seems to be some evidence that they may have been a rival political movement that was sympathetic to the ideals of the New Order and thus would turn a blind eye towards the First Order in hopes of allowing their faction to come into power and restore at least some of the New Order's policies without crowning a new emperor.

The Republic stood down after the armistice with the Empire as the Empire was effectively defanged.  Also it ended nearly thirty years of continual military spending  (not only of the Republic but also of former Separatist worlds) and conflict that started in the Clone Wars and ended at Jakku.  The "present day" Republic fleet is nowhere near as large as the Clone War's era Republic fleet, but is still the largest fleet in the Galaxy.

As for where the fleet was.  We could see about a dozen capital ships in orbit when the capital was destroyed.  One can guess the other planets were the naval yards and the like for the large ships.  A "fleet in being" I think is the term.  The major capital ships stay in port as a potential threat to anyone that attacks the Republic, while smaller ships deal with the every day piracy patrols and border patrols.

Starkiller Base evened the odds for the First Order.  With the Republic's main fleet gone, their new larger Star Destroyers will have an advantage over whatever the Republic has left in the Galaxy.  In both size and perhaps numbers.

I was told that the Republic capital is no longer centered on a single planet, but is moved based on the current administration. If this were the case, then why would the ship yards be stationed in the Hasnian system? Unless it just happened to be that the current admin set the capital in the same system as the ship yards.

Had something else, but it's gone now.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1353 on: May 21, 2016, 12:54:13 PM »

"A wise king (leader) never seeks out war. But he must always be ready for it." - Odin Allfather

I was told that the Republic capital is no longer centered on a single planet, but is moved based on the current administration. If this were the case, then why would the ship yards be stationed in the Hasnian system? Unless it just happened to be that the current admin set the capital in the same system as the ship yards.

Had something else, but it's gone now.

I figured the fleet moved with the Capital...btw..the New Capital is decided by vote.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1354 on: May 22, 2016, 05:24:28 PM »

This popped up on my FB feed this morning. It's the therapy session I tried to construct for Kham, but unfortunately never finished:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=14006.0

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1355 on: May 27, 2016, 03:29:08 AM »

I'm sure someone's caught on to this before, but it just occurred to me.

What was Bail's plan?

At the end of Revenge of the Sith, Bail Organa takes in the newborn Leia, and also takes C3P0 (albeit with memory wiped) and R2-D2 into his household's service.  At the same meeting, it was decided that Obi-Wan Kenobi would take Luke to his only remaining family, and stay to watch over him.

Nearly two decades later, Leia was on a mission, with the Death Star plans in her care.  She was accompanied by one of the most accomplished astromechs of the Clone Wars, a droid Bail Organa knew well, from all of his dealings with Anakin Skywalker.  More specifically, as she says in her message to Obi-Wan, delivered via R2, that she wasn't just in the area, she was sent, by her father, to find him.  As she says, "My mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed."  Bail sent her, purposefully, not only to the location where he knew Obi-Wan had been hiding, but it cannot have escaped his notice that he was sending her to the vicinity of her twin brother, and that it was almost a certainty that, should she have succeeded in reaching Obi-Wan, that he would have done everything he could to bring Luke along with him, as he had a primary duty to watch over him.

Again, Bail Organa, in full knowledge of just who these long-separated twins were the children of, deliberately sent Leia on a course that would have brought both of Anakin's children into the Rebel/Imperial conflict.

Was it left to him to decide on a time to move those two pieces onto the board?  Did he get a message from Yoda, meditating on Dagobah, that the time had come for their next moves, after so long spent planning and wiating?  Did he just make the decision on his own, perhaps before Obi-Wan and/or Yoda would have preferred?

Why did Bail Organa deliberately set in motion a plan that would have brought both of Anakin's children to his own household and planet?  What was he planning on telling them, if he had succeeded?  Was retrieving Yoda the next part of his plan?

And I haven't forgotten R2, who held in his memory banks everything needed to verify the truth to the twins, if he indeed planned on doing so.

So many ridiculously fascinating "what if?" scenarios that could come from this.  

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1356 on: May 27, 2016, 07:35:59 AM »

It is possible that she didn't start out on this plan with the Death Star Plans, and that her mission was to retrieve Obi-wan Kenobi due them needing a Jedi badly.   Bail probably figured the Jedi had worked some stuff out for the Skywalker twins and Kenobi would work his magic once they were needed.  Probably would go pick up Yoda afterwards if they felt it necessary.

Leia's ship seems to have been diverted from her mission to get the Death Star Plans, which brought Darth Vader himself after her.  I doubt dragging him to Tattoine was part of the plan.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1357 on: May 29, 2016, 03:17:45 AM »

Another interesting what if scenario I thought of is what If they had caught R2.  Could some feelings have been stirred in Vader seeing the astromech that accompanied him on so many missions and that he risked his life to retrieve from danger.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1358 on: May 31, 2016, 05:14:27 PM »

Another interesting what if scenario I thought of is what If they had caught R2.  Could some feelings have been stirred in Vader seeing the astromech that accompanied him on so many missions and that he risked his life to retrieve from danger.

A) If he were truly Sith, no.
B) I saw a concept scene, probably fan-fic, that showed Vader picking up 3PO's head after he was blasted on Cloud City.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1359 on: May 31, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »

Probably not, Vader is so far divorced from Anakin Skywalker he probably wouldn't recognize the droid.

However, R2 getting caught is a terrifying notion in and of itself. If R2 were to get captured, especially by the First Order, the wealth of accumulated knowledge could spell the end of the republic.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1360 on: May 31, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »

Was Vader that divorced from Anakin, or was he just trying to tell himself he was?  I think that's a valid question, especially by the time he became aware his son was out there.

I also tend to wonder about Anakin because of what we saw with Kylo Ren, who I think has NOT truly killed his prior self, despite all of Snoke's efforts to purge him of it.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1361 on: May 31, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »

Was Vader that divorced from Anakin, or was he just trying to tell himself he was?  I think that's a valid question, especially by the time he became aware his son was out there.

I also tend to wonder about Anakin because of what we saw with Kylo Ren, who I think has NOT truly killed his prior self, despite all of Snoke's efforts to purge him of it.

One of the biggest things that was stressed in Darth Bane's training, and more than likely passed down through the Rule of Two, was that when you become Sith, you are reborn, and no longer bound to your previous life. As far as Anakin goes..."That name, no longer has any meaning for me."

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1362 on: June 02, 2016, 01:13:33 AM »

Darth Vader concept:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1363 on: June 02, 2016, 01:31:32 AM »

Kinda looks like Star Wars collided with Master Chief.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1364 on: June 02, 2016, 02:02:35 AM »

Kinda looks like Star Wars collided with Master Chief.
Never seen Master Chief.  Will right now...

...and now I have.   I have so seen him, of course; the Halo guy.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: