Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 964030 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1560 on: September 13, 2016, 03:51:16 PM »

The new films are made for the masses, the casual moviegoer, the young kids just learning about Star wars cuz their parents are introducing them to it. Mainly everyone here knows of the extended universe, Plagueis, other siths, other Jedis. But the casual fan hasnt had the chance to see, read, know these things. The new films are simplified so as a whole, it's understandable and not too overly complex. Most here want some more of an intricate storyline. But if you start getting introducing characters only as dialogue that fanatics will understand, but you never visually see, you lose the casual fan. Episode 2, biggest piece of caca I've ever seen, talks about Sifo-Dyas ordering the clone army, says kamino was erased from the archives. Hypotheticals that never got answered as to who exactly did it. Was it palpatine who posed as Sifo-Dyas, was it Dooku? If you never visually saw what happened, it becomes obsolete, too complex and frankly overlooked as a whole to the story that most people don't remember. It has to be simplified for the casual fan, many adaptations do this and you have push back from the fanatics, but as a whole, it has to be simplified.
I also believe for the franchise to move forward, be progressive, stop being beholden to the past. Professional teams, 30 somethings still reminiscing about days when they were younger, never progress. I personally don't wanna see that rey is the daughter of a cousin of this jedi, that was this, and because of that, which was a prisoner in the original death star.. NO! Move on! My one arf with Disney is that they recast a young han solo and are doing a prequel. Rogue One, how they got the plans, cool, but just one prequel! My issue with prequels is that if the character isn't in the newer ones, then your character is a waste, cuz it never was critical to anything that has transpired since. Prequels are just the guy who just can't let go

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1561 on: September 13, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »

Personally, I feel that if you're going to do a stand-alone of a beloved character, do one of a character that we kinda sorta don't have forever wed to one actor. AHEM.....Solo. I'd be more interested in learning more of how Boba fared after the death of Jango. Or better yet, alter the details, but tell the story of how Jango was recruited to be the DNA of the Clone Army. I thought the story of Bounty Hunter was pretty good.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1562 on: September 13, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »

Well, I don't know if Boba fett alone could carry a film as a whole, but maybe a side by side storyline of young han, young boba, would be pretty cool, where fate leads them to each other. Perhaps boba has a personal vengeance to han. But just one film! No "new adventures of han and chewy" cuz any new character has a ceiling, and its not very high

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #1563 on: September 13, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »

Well, I don't know if Boba fett alone could carry a film as a whole, but maybe a side by side storyline of young han, young boba, would be pretty cool, where fate leads them to each other. Perhaps boba has a personal vengeance to han. But just one film! No "new adventures of han and chewy" cuz any new character has a ceiling, and its not very high

I disagree.  I believe that Boba Fett could very well carry his own movie if not several movies.  He was one of the greatest bounty hunters in the known universe.  A series based on his hunts and how he became so awesome would make great cinema. My opinion of course Grin

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1564 on: September 13, 2016, 06:27:39 PM »

I disagree.  I believe that Boba Fett could very well carry his own movie if not several movies.  He was one of the greatest bounty hunters in the known universe.  A series based on his hunts and how he became so awesome would make great cinema. My opinion of course Grin

But with the villain, you need the hero. Who plays the hero? My mind is blanking on many films, but I don't remember any that the villain is main dude, and it works. I don't see it working without making him less of a villain. Would they inject personal conflict, cuz if they do, it would tarnish his cold hearted persona.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1565 on: September 13, 2016, 07:04:16 PM »

Adventures of Han and Chewie sounds like a TV series.

But with the villain, you need the hero. Who plays the hero? My mind is blanking on many films, but I don't remember any that the villain is main dude, and it works. I don't see it working without making him less of a villain. Would they inject personal conflict, cuz if they do, it would tarnish his cold hearted persona.

Easy. Boba. Anti-heroes are in right now. Kinda how I'd spin the story of Darth Logos. He's Sith, but he's by no means traditional. Galactic conquest is not high on his priorities. He does the right thing, he's just not very nice about it. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1566 on: September 13, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

Easy. Boba. Anti-heroes are in right now. Kinda how I'd spin the story of Darth Logos. He's Sith, but he's by no means traditional. Galactic conquest is not high on his priorities. He does the right thing, he's just not very nice about it. Wink

Good baddies, no. You gotta be bad, or you're just a confused fool. Boba is bad, he can't be an anti hero. Disintegrations!! That's not anti hero, that's cold!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1567 on: September 13, 2016, 08:43:58 PM »

Good baddies, no. You gotta be bad, or you're just a confused fool. Boba is bad, he can't be an anti hero. Disintegrations!! That's not anti hero, that's cold!

I think they're are a few success stories that beg to differ.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #1568 on: September 14, 2016, 12:16:47 AM »

Personally, I feel that if you're going to do a stand-alone of a beloved character, do one of a character that we kinda sorta don't have forever wed to one actor. AHEM.....Solo. I'd be more interested in learning more of how Boba fared after the death of Jango. Or better yet, alter the details, but tell the story of how Jango was recruited to be the DNA of the Clone Army. I thought the story of Bounty Hunter was pretty good.

Pretty sure I read how Boba fared after Jangos death(was possibly kiddified stuff but I remember boba having a pretty rough time) il try & find a ref for you ,but I have so many books+ebooks.hmmmmm

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #1569 on: September 14, 2016, 12:52:46 AM »

I alsways thought sgt. Skirata & his " boys" were awsome! Deserved a lot more plots, & storylines were pretty damn good. (I never played the game's) was very sad when the characters didnt appear again Sad mandoa ehh...

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1570 on: September 14, 2016, 01:32:39 AM »

Pretty sure I read how Boba fared after Jangos death(was possibly kiddified stuff but I remember boba having a pretty rough time) il try & find a ref for you ,but I have so many books+ebooks.hmmmmm

Clone Wars hit it a little. He ran a team of thugs for hire at one point. Ventress left him holding the bag on a deal where he was gonna swindle her anyway.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #1571 on: September 14, 2016, 02:00:20 AM »

Personally, I feel that if you're going to do a stand-alone of a beloved character, do one of a character that we kinda sorta don't have forever wed to one actor. AHEM.....Solo.

Logos throwin' shade  Smiley Smiley

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1572 on: September 14, 2016, 04:24:22 AM »

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1573 on: September 14, 2016, 07:54:26 AM »

The new films are made for the masses, the casual moviegoer, the young kids just learning about Star wars cuz their parents are introducing them to it. Mainly everyone here knows of the extended universe, Plagueis, other siths, other Jedis. But the casual fan hasnt had the chance to see, read, know these things. The new films are simplified so as a whole, it's understandable and not too overly complex. Most here want some more of an intricate storyline. But if you start getting introducing characters only as dialogue that fanatics will understand, but you never visually see, you lose the casual fan. Episode 2, biggest piece of caca I've ever seen, talks about Sifo-Dyas ordering the clone army, says kamino was erased from the archives. Hypotheticals that never got answered as to who exactly did it. Was it palpatine who posed as Sifo-Dyas, was it Dooku? If you never visually saw what happened, it becomes obsolete, too complex and frankly overlooked as a whole to the story that most people don't remember. It has to be simplified for the casual fan, many adaptations do this and you have push back from the fanatics, but as a whole, it has to be simplified.
I also believe for the franchise to move forward, be progressive, stop being beholden to the past. Professional teams, 30 somethings still reminiscing about days when they were younger, never progress. I personally don't wanna see that rey is the daughter of a cousin of this jedi, that was this, and because of that, which was a prisoner in the original death star.. NO! Move on! My one arf with Disney is that they recast a young han solo and are doing a prequel. Rogue One, how they got the plans, cool, but just one prequel! My issue with prequels is that if the character isn't in the newer ones, then your character is a waste, cuz it never was critical to anything that has transpired since. Prequels are just the guy who just can't let go

It is not my point. I am not some elitist hardcore fan (well, i am but i do not want they make a movie me  Grin ) ... i just wanted some originality ...

Honestly, a big "deathstar" destroyed by a x-wing pilote that fired on a weak point after flying in a canyon ... just before the destruction of the rebe... hem resistance secret base ...
Honestly, heros escaping from a desert planet with the falcon ... and hiding themselves after the falcon was captured ...
... a cantina ... a dark knight ... a holographic great leader ... the destruction of a planet as demonstration ...

Ep. 2 was definitively more original ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #1574 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:59 PM »

This is awesome! I always knew a farmer kid couldn't do it by himself...

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: