Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 955969 times)
ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1665 on: September 28, 2016, 08:08:25 PM »

Or she is more a councilor type that doesn't do things the way a old style guardian would.  The days when you didn't pull out your lightsaber except as a last resort, rather than at the first sign of trouble.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1666 on: September 28, 2016, 08:22:13 PM »

"You have a power that I....I don't understand, and could never have."
"You're wrong, Leia. You have that power, too. And in time, you'll learn to use it, as I have."

I didn't mean to say it was a quote. I just didn't think it was necessary to use time to search the official quote. I thought everyone would recognize it. I need some kind of mark for quote approximation references. Point for your time.

I am disappointed if Leia doesn't have at least a training level like Luke had in ESB. She had 30 years to develop what Luke did in between ANH and ESB plus however long he was with Yoda. And Rey is kickin' Kylo in a day? The writers are missing things or just not spending the time to make it clear. Either way, it was a weakness I felt while watching the first time. Kylo's injury shouldn't be enough to bring him down to her level. They have something to reveal why Rey picks things up so fast, and Leia doesn't.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1667 on: September 28, 2016, 09:07:35 PM »

I didn't mean to say it was a quote. I just didn't think it was necessary to use time to search the official quote. I thought everyone would recognize it. I need some kind of mark for quote approximation references. Point for your time.

I am disappointed if Leia doesn't have at least a training level like Luke had in ESB. She had 30 years to develop what Luke did in between ANH and ESB plus however long he was with Yoda. And Rey is kickin' Kylo in a day? The writers are missing things or just not spending the time to make it clear. Either way, it was a weakness I felt while watching the first time. Kylo's injury shouldn't be enough to bring him down to her level. They have something to reveal why Rey picks things up so fast, and Leia doesn't.

I didn't search for that quote.

As for the writers, it's probably a little column A, a little column B. The "weak" is strong in the new stories. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1668 on: September 29, 2016, 01:20:06 AM »

The new canon has hinted that Luke trained Leia in some aspects of the Force...she did Sense hans death quite clearly.  But so far the hints are that Luke was not in the public eye much after ROTJ, traveling searching for the temples as well as picking up students.  Leia focused more on helping to build the New Republic.  It wasn't just Kylo's Injury that put him at a disadvantage..his connection to the Force was weakened, evidenced by his inability to call the saber to his hand.  The novelization sheds more light, his killing of Han did not have the affect he thought it would...he says he feels weaker.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1669 on: September 29, 2016, 01:22:22 AM »

http://youtu.be/MDYX_PgorRY?t=89

She's always known she was his sister? Ewwww!

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1670 on: September 29, 2016, 01:27:49 AM »

That might have been considered normal behavior for Alderaan's royalty.

Blue bloods  Grin

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1671 on: September 29, 2016, 04:29:02 AM »

Random thought: Shouldn't the Millennium Falcon belong to Chewbacca now? Rey was in the captain's chair, but Chewie has a long tenure as the co-pilot. Hell, if Han was to pass it to anyone, I'm sure Chewie would receive his blessing. Rey needs to BTFU and be Chewie's co-pilot.

Also, if Leia also knew, maybe Luke and Leia, ya know.... Pops goes Rey.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1672 on: September 29, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »

Random thought: Shouldn't the Millennium Falcon belong to Chewbacca now? Rey was in the captain's chair, but Chewie has a long tenure as the co-pilot. Hell, if Han was to pass it to anyone, I'm sure Chewie would receive his blessing. Rey needs to BTFU and be Chewie's co-pilot.

Yes! Chewie's always been the star of the movies! Seriously, though, I don't know if Chewie would want to take over captain position or not. But I think if he wanted to he should have first dibs.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1673 on: September 29, 2016, 02:03:36 PM »

Ok.  Ummm - EW!  Tongue

Yes! Chewie's always been the star of the movies! Seriously, though, I don't know if Chewie would want to take over captain position or not. But I think if he wanted to he should have first dibs.
Agreed.  Move TF over Rey.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1674 on: September 29, 2016, 03:07:58 PM »

http://youtu.be/MDYX_PgorRY?t=89

She's always known she was his sister? Ewwww!

I think that might have just been a bit of bad dialogue. Perhaps it was supposed to denote that she'd always had a feeling that they were connected.

Chewie may be a capable co-pilot, but think about it. We've never seen him actually fly. He's always been the assistant. Plus legally, shouldn't ownership fall upon the surviving spouse? ô¿o

Also gross XÞ

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1675 on: September 29, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »

Chewie may be a capable co-pilot, but think about it. We've never seen him actually fly. He's always been the assistant. Plus legally, shouldn't ownership fall upon the surviving spouse? ô¿o

He did though, in TFA. He was piloting it when he found Rey kneeling down over Finn. Yes, MTFO Rey!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1676 on: September 29, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »

Plus legally, shouldn't ownership fall upon the surviving spouse? ô¿o

Seeing as many times as that ship has been stolen, traded, won or lost in card games etc... It's probably really difficult to track who the 'legal' owner is.

And yes, provided Han has title and registration for the ship it would legally (assuming their legal system is based on our own) fall to the surviving spouse.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1677 on: September 29, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »

He did though, in TFA. He was piloting it when he found Rey kneeling down over Finn. Yes, MTFO Rey!

He pretty much taxied it to the pick up. He didn't navigate anything difficult, or have to out fly enemy ships. Similar to how Boba started up Slave 1 in ATC.

And yes, provided Han has title and registration for the ship it would legally (assuming their legal system is based on our own) fall to the surviving spouse.
I could soooooooooo say something as to the parallels I noticed in TFA to things in the real world, but I like being on the forum and do not wish to be expelled for talk of politics. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1678 on: September 29, 2016, 08:20:12 PM »

I could soooooooooo say something as to the parallels I noticed in TFA to things in the real world, but I like being on the forum and do not wish to be expelled for talk of politics. Grin

Silence, just as much as patience, is a virtue.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1679 on: September 29, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »

MAYBE:
"Grrrowww. Raaahhrr." (Hey, Rey, wanna practice flying? Take us in for a landing?"
"Really? I haven't flown since Finn and I escaped Jakku. I didn't have such an impressive co-pilot then."

Or maybe since Rey is the one that feels Luke in the force and had the vision they are following, she took the controls. They followed the map of R2-D2 and BB-8, but then her vision tells them which island to land on. Otherwise, it's "Turn here. No here. Wait, over there maybe?" She likes flying. Chewie is being nice.

My mother was irritated, as it felt like they were suggesting Rey just takes Han's place, and everyone moves on. The director was regretful that he had Chewie pass by Leia. Things were sort of quick at the end.

And whoever said silence is a virtue was a hypocrite.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: