Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 956051 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3135 on: April 16, 2019, 09:08:37 PM »

No she survived that and came back in TCW (she tried to assassinate Padme afterwards and everyone thought she was dead, so nobody trusted Ahsoka's visions).
Guess I need to rewatch.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3136 on: April 17, 2019, 05:27:52 AM »

Cad Bane is, in my opinion, criminally underrated. I hope these last episodes of Clone Wars tells us, offically, what is his fate.

Agreed, plus his voice is just awesome.

And then there is Embo. Such a cool character that we saw like 3 times (not an exact count).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3137 on: April 17, 2019, 06:47:34 AM »

Cad Bane is, in my opinion, criminally underrated. I hope these last episodes of Clone Wars tells us, offically, what is his fate.
Missed yesterday. I totally agree. Of all that I felt Filoni failed us on in TCW, Bane was certainly a welcome change. He was cunning and very resourceful, which made him an actual challenge for even a skilled Jedi. However, Aurra actually was once a Jedi.....which doesn't make a lot of sense as to why she is so dependent on weapons to do the job. The Huntress used the Force to track a target anywhere in the galaxy. Her ability was similar to Voss' ability to sense an object's past. And once she found them, she used to Force to subdue or kill.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3138 on: April 17, 2019, 02:17:18 PM »

However, Aurra actually was once a Jedi.....which doesn't make a lot of sense as to why she is so dependent on weapons to do the job.

That's simple enough to explain.....She wasn't a Jedi outside of the EU canon.   Can't blame that one on Disney though...that was done while Lucas was still head.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3139 on: April 17, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »

That's simple enough to explain.....She wasn't a Jedi outside of the EU canon.   Can't blame that one on Disney though...that was done while Lucas was still head.
And we already know how well Filoni paid attention to that. Just look at the abortion he made the Slave I into.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3140 on: April 17, 2019, 07:07:32 PM »

And we already know how well Filoni paid attention to that. Just look at the abortion he made the Slave I into.

Considering I pay very little attention to Slave I....what are you referring to?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3141 on: April 17, 2019, 12:26:30 PM »

Considering I pay very little attention to Slave I....what are you referring to?
They utterly butchered the functionality of the ship just to satisfy their lame narrative. It was the end of the arc where Boba infiltrates the cadets on the star destroyer to try to kill Windu. After failing, he escapes in a pod and they make it so that is docks with Slave I, but the idiots had it dock with the communications array.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3142 on: April 18, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »

Thought this is cool

As Rebels mow them down by the dozens in Star Wars movies it can sometimes be easy to envision the Empire's storm troopers as gnats being swatted away. Entomologists, apparently, have another idea and have instead named a newly-discovered genus of spiders after the white-armored space fascists. You can get a look at the arachnids, who were discovered in Colombia, over at LiveScience. The spiders are not, as you might expect, black and white. Instead, they were named for the Storm troopers -- "Stormtropis" -- because they are so alike in their size and markings, according to the article. The Stormtropis is part of the bald-legged spiders family, which are native to South America and Central America.

A genus is defined as a taxonomic rank used in the biological classification of living and fossil organisms, as well as viruses, in biology. In the hierarchy of biological classification, genus comes above species and below family. As such, there are a variety of different species of Stormtropis, which are surprisingly common given that they were previously not catalogued. There are four species named in a new study (along with two other species that belong to existing genera). You can tell the Stormtropis apart from the others because, per the report, "Male Stormtropis spiders have just two claws on their feet, while other bald-legged spiders have three claws. Stormtropis males also lack the group's signature leg spines and have genitals that are more elongated. Female Stormtropis spiders' genitals have a tubular 'neck' and an overall mushroom shape, which also differs from the typical shape found in bald-legged spiders."

The other kind of Stormtroopers will make their next appearance this winter in Star Wars Episode IX, although little is known about the film so far. With Star Wars Celebration kicking off later this week, we'll likely get some of our first answers about the finale to the Skywalker Saga before the film hits theaters on December 20th.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3143 on: April 18, 2019, 06:23:12 AM »

Thought this is cool

As Rebels mow them down by the dozens in Star Wars movies it can sometimes be easy to envision the Empire's storm troopers as gnats being swatted away. Entomologists, apparently, have another idea and have instead named a newly-discovered genus of spiders after the white-armored space fascists. You can get a look at the arachnids, who were discovered in Colombia, over at LiveScience. The spiders are not, as you might expect, black and white. Instead, they were named for the Storm troopers -- "Stormtropis" -- because they are so alike in their size and markings, according to the article. The Stormtropis is part of the bald-legged spiders family, which are native to South America and Central America.

A genus is defined as a taxonomic rank used in the biological classification of living and fossil organisms, as well as viruses, in biology. In the hierarchy of biological classification, genus comes above species and below family. As such, there are a variety of different species of Stormtropis, which are surprisingly common given that they were previously not catalogued. There are four species named in a new study (along with two other species that belong to existing genera). You can tell the Stormtropis apart from the others because, per the report, "Male Stormtropis spiders have just two claws on their feet, while other bald-legged spiders have three claws. Stormtropis males also lack the group's signature leg spines and have genitals that are more elongated. Female Stormtropis spiders' genitals have a tubular 'neck' and an overall mushroom shape, which also differs from the typical shape found in bald-legged spiders."

The other kind of Stormtroopers will make their next appearance this winter in Star Wars Episode IX, although little is known about the film so far. With Star Wars Celebration kicking off later this week, we'll likely get some of our first answers about the finale to the Skywalker Saga before the film hits theaters on December 20th.

I hate you for making me do spider research, and more so because I'm not seeing these supposed similar markings.

Sig by For Tyeth

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3144 on: April 18, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »

It's cool infinit, but as far as the markings go I stared at the picture for a while and just don't see it. Seems a big stretch on the naming but whatevs.  Grin

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3145 on: April 18, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »

From what I've read, it's due to the fact that they all look identical to each other.  And the article mentioned the Genus (subdivision or group) and not an actual species

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/meet-stormtroopers-scientists-name-new-14135173

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3146 on: April 18, 2019, 06:23:50 PM »

They utterly butchered the functionality of the ship just to satisfy their lame narrative. It was the end of the arc where Boba infiltrates the cadets on the star destroyer to try to kill Windu. After failing, he escapes in a pod and they make it so that is docks with Slave I, but the idiots had it dock with the communications array.

Oh God I remember that. I cringed so hard there.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3147 on: April 18, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »

Yea....I would not have known the difference. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3148 on: April 18, 2019, 09:08:26 PM »

Yea....I would not have known the difference. 
Yeah. I love that ship. I think that one thing made me drop a whole letter grade for the series.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3149 on: April 18, 2019, 11:45:51 PM »

Yeah. I love that ship. I think that one thing made me drop a whole letter grade for the series.

Like I said, ships aren't my thing, much like cars in real life.  Just a way to get from point a to point b

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: