Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Costume buying guide  (Read 178107 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »

I absolutely love this forum.  All the stuff we need to dress like a Jedi/Sith right here in one thread.  Thanks for a fantastic list, Noriko.

GreyNight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 45

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2016, 03:46:31 PM »

If I might add to the list. Smiley

I have frequented this Etsy shop to buy a few bits for my Kylo Ren cosplay. The shop owner is very nice and easy to work with. The Kylo hood and cape I bought from her is superb; great quality and the fabric is quite spot on, being monk's cloth, complete with the frayed edges. Keep in mind that most of her pieces are custom made, so the wait time can be a bit long. But it's worth it in the end, in my opinion.

HamptonsJediOutfit

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/HamptonsJediOutfit?ref=pr_shop_more

Chilling between Light and Dark. GreyNight is Grey!

Emerald Flamberge
TRI-Cree AS Stunt Lost Grey

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2016, 01:58:14 AM »

Wow speechless thank you

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

zuka213
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 74

May the Force be With You

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2016, 01:24:00 AM »

wow incredible list, thank you!

Light Side points plx
Cheesy

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2016, 11:16:32 AM »

Getting me a Revan inspired mask later today my time. It'll have a Jedi side back story to mine. Like what if he turned back to the light but wanted to keep his helmet anyway. Like the idea? Smiley

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

I am Darth Vigorous. My power knows no boundaries.

« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »

Thanks!  Grin

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.
I am Darth Vigorous. Lord, grand and supreme, master of the Sith.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2016, 10:30:06 AM »

Who makes good red leather gloves and boots? Now going for an imperial royal guard ;o And my mom is all for that one too. I already got the robes and helmet figured out so. Also what about a GOOD pike staff? Not the rubies one Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2016, 12:08:53 AM »

Who makes good red leather gloves and boots? Now going for an imperial royal guard ;o And my mom is all for that one too. I already got the robes and helmet figured out so. Also what about a GOOD pike staff? Not the rubies one Tongue
Zren, dude, go for a shadow guard.  Honestly man.  Way better. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2016, 12:12:59 AM »

Zren, dude, go for a shadow guard.  Honestly man.  Way better. Smiley

I don't know why it double posted.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2016, 02:54:09 AM »

Meh. No armor making skills x.x I suppose I could though. I have Sith gloves I can use and my pointed black boots already as well so. Or can even a Shadow Guard be only with soft pieces like a Crimson?

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2016, 10:20:37 AM »

I'm not sure that would be all that difficult to do - except maybe for the shoulder pieces.  They really ought to be rigid.  The ab piece could be like an obi. Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2016, 01:17:21 AM »

Shadow it is then Tongue Mine will be different though but recognizable. Helmet will be black with a red visor so that'll look mean for sure, classic black robes. Khloescustomclothing can do their set in black so ;o Like I didn't know if a Shadow Guard actually NEEDED armor parts or not besides the helmet so. I did find a good pike source though too. Real metal and not flimsy plastic like the crap rubies one is. I just don't like any of their stuff so. I only got my Vader costume just for fun really Tongue

SaberFox
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2016, 05:08:56 AM »

On the subject of contact lenses, it is illegal to sell any kind of contact lens in the United Sates without a prescription. While some are listed as "cosmetic" and indeed, have no "prescribed" power in them, they are still considered a medical device to be dispensed by a health care provider, i.e. Optometrist, Ophthalmologist or licensed contact lens fitter. The reason for this is a contact lens should be carefully fitted to the curvature of the human eye and training and care needs to be instilled in the wearer. Without proper information, a person could cause themselves infections and eye health damage. Believe me, it's no fun to get an abrasion on your cornea. For those who are experienced wearers that have started with a professional care provider, seek a legitimate source for prescription grade lenses. Cutting corners to save money isn't necessarily a wise choice. Now that I've said my piece, people will do what people will do. I just felt compelled to put forth a cautionary statement. You only get one set of eyes, so treat them kindly. 

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2016, 09:41:51 AM »

On the subject of contact lenses, it is illegal to sell any kind of contact lens in the United Sates without a prescription. While some are listed as "cosmetic" and indeed, have no "prescribed" power in them, they are still considered a medical device to be dispensed by a health care provider, i.e. Optometrist, Ophthalmologist or licensed contact lens fitter. The reason for this is a contact lens should be carefully fitted to the curvature of the human eye and training and care needs to be instilled in the wearer. Without proper information, a person could cause themselves infections and eye health damage. Believe me, it's no fun to get an abrasion on your cornea. For those who are experienced wearers that have started with a professional care provider, seek a legitimate source for prescription grade lenses. Cutting corners to save money isn't necessarily a wise choice. Now that I've said my piece, people will do what people will do. I just felt compelled to put forth a cautionary statement. You only get one set of eyes, so treat them kindly. 
A good, and valid point SaberFox.
+1

Agreed.  Optometrists up here carry good ones.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2016, 01:27:41 PM »

OMG... Some of these sites are costume dream shops... Thanks for compiling this list! Also, checked Museum Replicas as I've done business there in the past. They don't seem to have any actual costume stuff for Star Wars anymore, but still great if you're looking for medieval clothes and weapons although they are pricey.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: