Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333637 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »

It is definitely the 3.0.4 version, they just didn't change the name of the zipped file Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 01:47:25 PM »

Just make sure so select run as administrator, it works well.

dark side points please

itami00
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »

What do I do if I forgot to uninstall the old version before installing the new version 3.0.4.?

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:03 PM »

Just make sure to run the right one. I still have the older one on mine.

dark side points please

nsgallup
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »

Ok, newb question,

i can't figure out how to listen to the .lsu files without putting them on the saber, i can see there are play buttons next to every file in the obsidian software, but pressing them does nothing. I would just like to be able to listen to sound fonts before i put them on the saber.

thx

Light Side points Smiley

Sabers I Have:
Shock LE RGB with sound, silver FoC, silver AV
Dark Liberator with sound, FO with red FoC, blue AV
Dark Prophecy with sound, SRD with AB FoC, green AV
Aeon LE with sound, GB
Dark Catalyst with sound, RGBW Emerald, red AV

Want next: Archon with emerald

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 08:45:07 PM »

Ok, newb question,

i can't figure out how to listen to the .lsu files without putting them on the saber, i can see there are play buttons next to every file in the obsidian software, but pressing them does nothing. I would just like to be able to listen to sound fonts before i put them on the saber.

thx

Mine's doing this to me now and it has worked in the past. I'll see if I can figure out what's going and get back to you. I'm going to try uninstalling both launchers (I need both), and then reinstall the V3 Launcher, THEN the V2 one to see if this issue clears up.

I have Win 7 and will run each install as administrator. I shall report back!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

nsgallup
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »

Mine's doing this to me now and it has worked in the past. I'll see if I can figure out what's going and get back to you. I'm going to try uninstalling both launchers (I need both), and then reinstall the V3 Launcher, THEN the V2 one to see if this issue clears up.

I have Win 7 and will run each install as administrator. I shall report back!

i have windows 7 also, but don't have and have never had any older version, i just tried a reinstall as admin to no avail

thanks for the trouble shooting
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:56:17 PM by nsgallup » Logged

Light Side points Smiley

Sabers I Have:
Aeon LE with sound, GB

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »

It must have been a Windows Update that caused this as the Launcher was never changed by Ultrasabers. The launcher(s) worked before, and then just stopped - both of them. More to come; I'm done work in 15m.

nsgallup
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »

It must have been a Windows Update that caused this as the Launcher was never changed by Ultrasabers. The launcher(s) worked before, and then just stopped - both of them. More to come; I'm done work in 15m.

hmmm.. silly windows

Light Side points Smiley

Sabers I Have:
Aeon LE with sound, GB

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »

I'm using V2.2.2 and its still working for me.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »

OK, just reinstalled both Launchers and neither of them will preview sounds. I'm at a loss as to why this no longer functions. I'm going to try re-downloading the packages from the link above and hopefully that will sort it out. Maybe my installer corrupted itself from being on my desktop for so long. It won't take too much time, so I'll post an edit to this post here with the results.

Edit: Obliterated all instances of the Launcher, re-downloaded the 3.1.4 version above. Ran the install as administrator, opened the program as administrator, and NOTHING! The launcher works, but clicking on the play icons does not preview the sounds. I got nothing, guys! If I can't hear the sounds first, there's no way I'm even going to plug a saber in to my computer.

In the meantime, I'm going to try this on another computer and see what happens there. There's no logical reason for this as the launcher was working before. Again, this has to be a Windows update that did something to the launcher; Ultrasabers hasn't made any updates since the one above, and the 2.2.2 launcher does the same thing. It's Windows for sure, but I'm not sure how to fix this one.

Hopefully Deep has another suggestion for us.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:26:24 PM by eerockk » Logged

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »

Another update and double post, sorry.

I installed 3.1.4 on another computer I have and it DOES preview the sounds. The 3.1.4 Launcher works perfectly and as expected. This means that my problem is local though. Poop.

I will now debug my non-working computer to see if I can find what went wrong.  All of the other programs I have can play their sounds. Something is keeping my Obsidian Launcher from being able to access the computer's sound devices. Uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling didn't help either. I suspect it has something to do with the .NET Framework 4.0. I'm going to start there and see what I can find.

If anyone else finds out what's wrong, please post away!

EDIT: To avoid a triple post... hehe

The Obsidian Launcher (both versions) do preview sounds, but only to one of my two sound cards. I have an external soundcard and the motherboard's soundcard, and for whatever reason, the sound outputs properly to the external sound card (through my headphones which is what I want anyway), but not to the speakers.

nsgallup, does your computer have multiple sound devices? If not, have you ever plugged one in, such as USB speakers or headphones/mic combos? If so, plug them puppies back in and see if that allows you to hear the devices. I'll see if I can dig around for the settings and see if I can switch them back to system default rather than point to a specific card. It might be in the registry or an .ini file. Cross your fingers! (Edit: and no dice. The config file was in XML and gave the access tokens to allow Windows to use certain systems and resources, but all of them are encrypted. There is no way to tell the system to use default settings).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:30:18 PM by eerockk » Logged

nsgallup
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 11:32:55 PM »

Another update and double post, sorry.

I installed 3.1.4 on another computer I have and it DOES preview the sounds. The 3.1.4 Launcher works perfectly and as expected. This means that my problem is local though. Poop.

I will now debug my non-working computer to see if I can find what went wrong.  All of the other programs I have can play their sounds. Something is keeping my Obsidian Launcher from being able to access the computer's sound devices. Uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling didn't help either. I suspect it has something to do with the .NET Framework 4.0. I'm going to start there and see what I can find.

If anyone else finds out what's wrong, please post away!

EDIT: To avoid a triple post... hehe

The Obsidian Launcher (both versions) do preview sounds, but only to one of my two sound cards. I have an external soundcard and the motherboard's soundcard, and for whatever reason, the sound outputs properly to the external sound card (through my headphones which is what I want anyway), but not to the speakers.

nsgallup, does your computer have multiple sound devices? If not, have you ever plugged one in, such as USB speakers or headphones/mic combos? If so, plug them puppies back in and see if that allows you to hear the devices. I'll see if I can dig around for the settings and see if I can switch them back to system default rather than point to a specific card. It might be in the registry or an .ini file. Cross your fingers! (Edit: and no dice. The config file was in XML and gave the access tokens to allow Windows to use certain systems and resources, but all of them are encrypted. There is no way to tell the system to use default settings).

Thanks for the info, I'll try that when I get home

Light Side points Smiley

Sabers I Have:
Aeon LE with sound, GB

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 11:54:36 PM »

Thanks for the info, I'll try that when I get home

GAH! Now everything works. I performed a CLEAN INSTALL of the latest audio drivers, (included in the GeForce package for my video cards), and everything works as expected.

Solution: Make sure all drivers are up to date! Run Windows Update to do the system first, then update all video and audio drivers using a "clean install" option to install the drivers as per the updated configuration. (Or uninstall your audio drivers, then reinstall them after a reboot).

Nekesus, I'm working on your files now. Smiley

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 12:04:29 AM »

Awesome-sauce!!!  Can't wait to hear it. 

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: