Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333607 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2015, 03:24:39 AM »

DUR im dumb.... Thanks that help with the light coming back on and the connection to the Laucher. but i am still having the Emerald driver section is still white  i don't see the colors

The first rule of thumb is to always have fully charged batteries(ideally) before plugging into the software. This may be a silly question: are you plugging into the sound port or the emerald port? If when the emerald program pops up, do you see four sliders representing each colour(RGBW)? Do you have a 2 or 4 channel emerald saber?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2015, 04:24:19 AM »

Did you load the Obsidian launcher V2.2.2, the Obsidian Launcher v3.1.4 or the obsidian v4 launcher?

I ask as you are posting on the Obsidian 3.1.4 thread.

Version 3.1.4 is outdated, The Ultrasabers launcher v4 has provisions to control both the soundboard, and the emerald driver.

I have noticed that some of the colors in th elauncher don't match the colors you actually get on the saber, therefore always hit the {test} button and check the actual color on the saber to ensure you have the color you want.

As an aside; what kind of emerald saber are you running RGBW RGBA or a 2 color emerald?

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Total_Ignorance
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2015, 01:53:12 PM »

Batteries are fully charged. I have a 4 channel and I think its the v4 I followed the link that was on the webpage under driver downloads brought me to this thread. but I am able to control sound when I plug it into the obsidian board with no issue. but when I plug it into the emerald board I see where the sliders and the easy tool are but they come up as blank all white bars.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:00:11 PM by Total_Ignorance » Logged

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2015, 02:56:27 PM »

Ok, you have the correct v4 launcher, That is definately not the way the Emerald control sliders are supposed to look.

Do the colors and sliders appear if you run the launcher without a saber connected?

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Total_Ignorance
Force Sensitive

« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »

no they do not. the picture shows the sliders and the easy mode of the color changer. when in advanced mode I can see the color and change it so I am able to change the color but its a hassle. plus I have to keep pulse off because I'm not sure how long the transaction time is set to as I can not see it.

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2015, 08:48:31 PM »

What computer are you using to run the launcher?

(at this point I'm just wondering aloud as this is about the limit of my knowledge with the launcher) I'm wondering if it is an error in the program as it loads, or if the graphics card on the computer is having trouble displaying the easy mode color palette.

I have noticed even in my computer (Wibdows 8.1 Hexacore Pentium Multimedia) The colors on the advanced mode don't quite match what the saber will display (I set the saber almost exclusively through advanced mode as I like the sliders ability to control each color diode )

press the test button after evry adjustment to see the saber run through one cycle of whatever color you are setting.

As far as fixing th eprogram, I know Ultra, Deep and a couple of our Obsidian Admins frequent this thread regularly and will be able to much better troubleshoot the software for you, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Total_Ignorance
Force Sensitive

« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2015, 09:03:06 PM »

Im running a win 7 amd fx 8core with evga gtx 750. its a gaming computer built for maximum display optimization. ill try it on my laptop and see if it works on that. thanks for your help

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2015, 01:32:56 AM »

I'm thinking it must be something with the download, or with the admin permissions when you loaded the program because your rig should be able to handle the colors in the launcher with no problems as you are running WAAAAY better graphics capacity than I am.

Racona Nova: over to you, this is beyond my skill set (Racona is our resident expert on the Obs/Emer launcher, you can try sending him a PM as well)

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »

This is a display driver issue with the computer.  Please try this on a different PC. 

This wouldn't be a matter of the video card handling the color, but some error in compatibility.

Let us know if you have the same results when you try this on a different computer.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »

Thanks, Roband Cheesy But Deep already posted what I would suspect, too. Sometimes a driver update can solve many display issues - or a roll-back to an older driver. I have an older nVidia GTX 570 and no problems with the launcher, so it's not really a hardware issue.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Total_Ignorance
Force Sensitive

« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2015, 04:09:01 AM »

I re-downloaded the software drivers and on another computer and it worked so I put the software installer on a USB and put it on my main computer and installed it and it is working now.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2015, 05:24:11 AM »

How do I add more sounds to the different sections?

Sorry, let me rephrase.

I purchased a couple of sound fonts from SaberFont and did all of the tedious converting from .wav to .lsu but I'm only allowed to add on a maximum of 12 Motion/Impact/Lockup sounds but the fonts that I purchased include at least 20.

I am using an Ultrasaber with Obsidian V3 so using multiple sound fonts is out of the question.

I still have a good 42% of memory size left, so a lot isn't being used.

It seems the older Obsidian Launchers, as finicky as they were, allowed me to upload as much as space would allow whereas the new Obsidian Launcher only allows a maximum of 12.

Any thoughts on this?  Possibly for a future update?
I'd hate to use an older model but it looks like I may have to.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »

I think it's to allow for larger files in the other sound banks, such as the boot up, the hum ect. I have purchased fonts from the "other guys" too. One of the hum files was extensive and it took up like 30% of the memory on it's own. Based on playing around with the V3 obsidian this is what I've concluded; but I don't know for sure. Anyone else?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Akimoto873
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Passion

« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:40 AM »

I have just received my lightsaber (2nd), with Emerald driver 4 channel; and when I get it loaded up in the ultrasaber launcher (Obsidian Launcher), the buttons that says "Read from board", "Write to Board", "Driver config", "Test pulse" and "Test pulse"(bottom) are unclickable. The lightsaber is also dark (viewed the video showing how to use it).

Any ideas for solutions?

- Tried different USB ports
- Tried to change the order you do it in (start program, plug saber, reverse, etc.)

It is worth mentioning that I am able to configure the sound board; but not the emerald LED driver. Makes me wonder if I actually GOT it... !! :S

EDIT:
I'm a dumbdumb. Separate board! xP Ignore this...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:00:00 AM by Akimoto873 » Logged

1. Bellicose [Blazing Red]

Blackangel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

Dark Side Points Please!

« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2015, 06:04:36 PM »

Okay, noob question... I just downloaded the launcher from the link that was for the windows v4 launcher, but when I open it and update it, it says its version 1.03, not version 3.1.4, am I doing something wrong or do I have the right version?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: