Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 334878 times)
chibajoe
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2016, 01:51:20 AM »

I am not at all sure what the problem is.  Neither v1.03 nor v1.04 work with the sn#116 board, other than saying it is an older board.  Whenever I try to run 2.2.2 with the board plugged in and powered on, it errors out with the "can't find updLED.bmp file" message.  If I plug in the sh#111 board, everything works fine.  I'm sort of at my wit's end with this.  If I start 2.2.2 in offline mode and plug in the sn#116 board, it detects it, but I can't do anything.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2016, 05:51:20 PM »

Alright, have you contacted Ultrasabers regarding that problem? I never used the v2.2.2 launcher, all sabers I ordered already came with the v3 sound boards that need either the v3.1.4 launcher or -now- the UltraSabersLauncher (latest version v1.04).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

chibajoe
Force Sensitive

« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2016, 03:30:29 PM »

I shot them an email a couple of days ago, but haven't heard anything back.  Sad

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »

You need patience in recent days, they're still flooded with orders and emails, so it might take some time to get through all of them. I'm sure they will react to your email ASAP Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SuperSammich
Force Sensitive

"There is no balance untill you see both sides"

« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2016, 12:27:23 AM »

I've tried changing my emerald driver with both mac and windows.  With both it told me how to update the software. When I try to it still proceeds to tell me to update the program.  What do I do

GM "The only way to truly have balance in the force is to understand and feel the entirety of what the force is feel the peace of it"
A"But master what if the dark side corrupts one's mind"
GM"Then they will understand just as I do, that the will of the force is strong but will balance it's self in time"
A"Nonsense"
GM"You will learn just as I and your father did"

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #260 on: February 21, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »

Did you run the MaintenanceTool with Administrator rights? If not, try again with Admin rights, this could solve your problem.

Sig by Master Nero

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2016, 07:48:50 PM »

I want to confirm with everyone else after the firmware update to the Obsidian Launcher v1.04 to get the Obsidian V4 sound board to be recognized be my Windows 7 computer using one of my USB 2.0 ports that I must run the Obsidian Launcher and then turn on my saber with it already plugged in to get my board read by my computer. I've tried resetting my board by unplugging the Li-ion batteries, same result.

Thank you.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

chibajoe
Force Sensitive

« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2016, 02:32:25 AM »

Well, after a long and ultimately fruitless discussion with Ultrasabers, I'm sort of back where I started.  They're saying that my board is a V1, and the serial number does seem to indicate this.  On the other hand, the board is giving me the same error when trying to connect it to the v2.2.2 software (can't find updLED.bmp) that a v2? board would give (based on some earlier posts in this thread).  Is there any chance someone on here has a copy of the v3.0.4 Launcher?  I would like to try and see if I get a different result than with the newest v1.04 Launcher.

Gray Jedi Kero
Knight Aspirant

no light nor darkness, neutral is what i am

« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2016, 04:41:56 AM »

my launcher doesn't work. the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2016, 02:26:14 PM »

That's right you can't use a zipped folder, you need to create a regular new folder(unzipped) and transfer contents from the zipped one to the new open one. Then you can use the contents within the obsidian launcher.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Kevin3da
Force Sensitive

« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »

Just took my saber out of it's box.
Installed the new 1.04 launcher given in the link provided.
Running Windows 10.
Installed everything as admin
Saber gives off a burning electrical smell
Current status: Plugged in power adapter and charging, USB plugged in to desktop PC. Lightsaber turned on.

Now here's the problem:
Driver installed, driver information shows:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Tried uninstalling the driver and re-installing the driver.
Tried uninstalling the Launcher and reinstalling the launcher.
Restarted PC twice.

Still not working.
Exhausted Google

Guess Conclusion: My sound card is faulty or the driver used to connect with windows 10 is out of date.

HELP!!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »

If you notice an unusual smell, you should definitely email Ultrasabers and ask for replacement. You're under warranty, so you won't pay anything except your shipping costs.

Nonetheless, Win 10 is really touchy when it comes to the Obsidian sound boards. Emerald is okay, but Obsidian has problems since Win 8 came out...many users report that a USB 2.0 hub between the PC and the saber often solves that problem.

Sig by Master Nero

Kevin3da
Force Sensitive

« Reply #267 on: October 21, 2016, 12:53:31 AM »

If you notice an unusual smell, you should definitely email Ultrasabers and ask for replacement. You're under warranty, so you won't pay anything except your shipping costs.

Nonetheless, Win 10 is really touchy when it comes to the Obsidian sound boards. Emerald is okay, but Obsidian has problems since Win 8 came out...many users report that a USB 2.0 hub between the PC and the saber often solves that problem.

Maybe Ultrasabers should start prompting it's buyers to order USB hubs then since those aren't a normal everyday thing people just have lying around...
I spent almost $700 with my purchase and I feel not just cheated, but destroyed. It's shameful to make people pay this much for all the bells and whistles when the bells and whistles won't even work....

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #268 on: October 21, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »

I see your point. However, it's not that much US's fault but rather Windows' driver which causes these problems. Of course, it would be "easy" to update the software to work as intended, but since this involves working deep inside the Windows OS to analyze the actual problem and adjusting the right files and code lines, it might be very time-comsuming if not impossible for the software developer (not US) to solve the issue. And even if they succeed, there's no guarantee that the new version is still working with Vista and 7 - which are still the most prominent OS's used among UltraSabers customers.

Sig by Master Nero

Kevin3da
Force Sensitive

« Reply #269 on: October 21, 2016, 02:50:43 PM »

So I finally got the Launcher to work. I can change my sound but the emerald driver does not work and will not allow me to do anything with that tab.
It's the V4 laucher, I did buy the Emerald driver with sounds so... whats the deal here?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: