Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: No religion, no politics.  (Read 75648 times)
Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »

So maybe we should make an exception for religions and politics that exist in the Star Wars Universe?

Eh I would still use caution on this. I would say as long as you keep it to the Philosophy trying to avoid any Theology?(This of course it a whole different argument on how exactly to do that).  But it still might show favoritism to those who follow that religion.  I would make one those voting threads about it and let the forum decide on this one issue? 

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Grey_Jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »

So maybe we should make an exception for religions and politics that exist in the Star Wars Universe?
that might be a good idea

there is no dark side, or a light side there is only the force
I will do what I must to keep the balance
there is no good without evil, but evil must not flourish
there is passion, yet peace
there is serenity, yet emotion
there is Chaos, yet order

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 01:16:46 AM »

I would like to discuss different people's interpretations of just what the Force means to them, but I'm not so sure some could manage to keep their own personal beliefs out of it, so I'm wary of allowing it here.  Although, I'm pretty sure people discuss the politics in Star Wars on this forum pretty freely already without any discord.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 03:25:30 AM »

I would like to discuss different people's interpretations of just what the Force means to them, but I'm not so sure some could manage to keep their own personal beliefs out of it, so I'm wary of allowing it here.  Although, I'm pretty sure people discuss the politics in Star Wars on this forum pretty freely already without any discord.

I've had a few conversations about the Force that had to stop because of this rule. So I know what you mean.

GuardianAngel
Candidate

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 05:41:13 AM »

Roger Roger!

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »

Agreed. It helps make the Forums a better place if certain topics aren't talked about.

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

You may not recognize me because of the tartan arm

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 08:13:45 PM »

New guy here. I'm still cruising around the forum reading and reading. It's vast! I haven't seen any rules so far regarding threadromancy but I'm coming across old stuff and wondering to post or not to post. Seen as this is pinned I'm gonna go for it...

In 2001 in the UK there was a census. The laws regarding census information is that if there are 10,000 people or more claiming to be of the same religion then it will legally be recognised by the state as a religion. 390,000 people declared their religion to be Jedi making it the 4th largest religion in Great Britain.

After the census data had been collected and processed the Office of National Statistics (a government body) later released the figure stating "390,000 Jedi there are."

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 07:13:02 PM »

New guy here. I'm still cruising around the forum reading and reading. It's vast! I haven't seen any rules so far regarding threadromancy but I'm coming across old stuff and wondering to post or not to post. Seen as this is pinned I'm gonna go for it...

In 2001 in the UK there was a census. The laws regarding census information is that if there are 10,000 people or more claiming to be of the same religion then it will legally be recognised by the state as a religion. 390,000 people declared their religion to be Jedi making it the 4th largest religion in Great Britain.

After the census data had been collected and processed the Office of National Statistics (a government body) later released the figure stating "390,000 Jedi there are."

Cheesy

Quite right.

I was one of those jedi/Sith  Grin

Just as I was in the 2011 census(decades long consistency).  Tongue

Unfortunately we dropped a few places in the championship table & no longer beat some of the major religions.   Huh

Lets hope for a resurgence next season & perhaps a chance at the 2021 play-offs.

Hehehe

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 08:04:35 PM »

Lets hope for a resurgence next season & perhaps a chance at the 2021 play-offs.

That'd be sweet. I was looking on Wikipedia and there's an MP who since then announced Jedi as his religion as he was being sworn in. Anything is possible when the force is involved.

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »

My religion just changed to Jedi. 390,001, Jedi, there are.

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Dark Shock - TRI BR/GB/CG
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 09:02:13 PM »

My religion just changed to Jedi. 390,001, Jedi, there are.

I read a paper one time on the history of a popular religion. It was spreading slowly slowly until the Romans took it on and it became what is referred to as a 'fighting religion' ie a book in one hand and a sword in the other. The rate that it spread tripled in a matter of decades. Can you imagine 390,001 saber wielding Jedi running loose converting the masses? We'd be numero uno in no time.

Darkkengel
Candidate

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 12:50:55 AM »

Acknowledged.

drsheriff
Force Sensitive

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 11:06:53 AM »

I understand the rules. Thank you.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »

Given the recent mandate, perhaps the thread title should be updated to include "No dating/romance"

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 06:45:58 PM »

Given the recent mandate, perhaps the thread title should be updated to include "No dating/romance"

I'm trying to avoid making it a hard and fast rule.  For now, let's just avoid creating entire threads dedicated to those kinds of topics Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: