Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177530 times)
shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4050 on: October 02, 2015, 04:16:30 PM »

Getting AS side LED's is actually quite genius if you're thinking emerald Flamberge, I've never heard that suggested before. I also recommend reading through the "Flamberge release" thread in the Announcements page on the forum. Many people who thought of, or did purchase a Flamberge have asked and answered a lot of questions and you'd probably find much information there.

Here's the link to that topic:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22717.0

I've read much of that before, but I'll look through it again.  I did a lot more reading last night and this morning, and my hesitation is mostly down to two factors.

Power consumption is one, there are so many factors that I don't have direct experience with, such as sound, extra LEDs, and the Emerald driver.  The first can be somewhat mitigated, I suspect, with V4 Obsidian and muting it when I don't need sound.  I've done enough reading on Emerald to know better than to try to drive the three main blade channels to the top of their brightness, I just don't know how much power the driver itself eats.

The other factor is in getting used to the handling with the side blades.  With any of my longswords, there's no real big downside to having the crossguard touch my forearms while I'm using them, like there would be with a lightsaber, and that's a factor that only I can figure out for myself, with the assistance of my handy PVC pipe mock up.

hekiryuu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #4051 on: October 02, 2015, 07:57:33 PM »

just got in about 30 mins ago

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #4052 on: October 02, 2015, 07:58:53 PM »

just got in about 30 mins ago

That looks so sweet!!!

hekiryuu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #4053 on: October 02, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »

That looks so sweet!!!

So I work with a bunch of tech guys, and they were all nerding out over it.  So I changed a few settings with the emerald already, made banes heart a little more purple, and the primary color, elongated the cycly between purple and red to 20 seconds, with less time at either color, and then switched the flash on clash off silver, and instead it does a 20 cycle shimmer between the purple and red, super quick.  Within the next few days, I am going to get O-rings for the grooves, just not sure on the size that would work best.

Overall, 10/10 exceeded expectations, and this is going to convince about 8 more people to get one for themselves in the next few months.

Chauntalei
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #4054 on: October 02, 2015, 08:34:24 PM »

Got my second DI V4 in this morning!

2 more weeks of waiting for my tailored costume bits, and I'll be ready for halloween at disneyland!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4055 on: October 03, 2015, 12:32:12 AM »

Okay, so I sort of rectified my conundrum.

I DO want a crossguard saber before Episode 7; I want to, for the first time in my life, go to a release day showing in costume.  I do want to spend more time figuring out how a crossguard saber will work for me, both in terms of working around the crossguard blades, AND in making sure that any adjustments I have to make aren't going to screw with proper blade handling when I do longsword instead.

So, I picked up the Kylo Ren saber.  Fits both roles (although I have to say, I have quite large hands, and this thing is THICK and chunky), in that it is perfect for a costume and also I can swing it around to get a feel for the crossguard type sabers.

In the meantime, I ordered this:

Item Name:    Dark Menace with Sound (Emerald)

Options:
Blade LED Color:Dark Violet Amethyst for Emerald
Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED
Flash on Clash:Flash Violet Amethyst for Emerald
Pulse Mode:Pulse Off
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & VP1 Charger Included)
Recharge Port:No Recharge Port
Blade Length:32" Length
Blade Option:Heavy Grade
Bottom Knurled Screw:Black
Middle Knurled Screw:Black
Top Knurled Screw:Black
Emitter Type:Silver Underlay - Windows
Sound:Yes, Install Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4
Switch Type (Momentary):Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch
AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended
Blade Tip:Round Tip
Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks
Include Blade Plug:No Thanks
Include Saber Stand:No Thanks
Include MINI USB Cable:Yes
Include Covertec Clip:Yes!

Next month, I'll pick up the other half of the Dark Menace staff, which will be identical to the first, other than the fact I won't need the USB cable, covertec clip, etc.

If I find that I do still want a crossguard US after getting more experience, then I can pick that up later, and I get to play with a ton of different blade colors with the Emerald driver, and even the LEE filters when I have it set to a silver blade color.

So, I'm now (im)patiently waiting for my new Dark Menace.

Greenfire32
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4056 on: October 05, 2015, 04:15:22 AM »

Should probably mention that I received my Bellicose on Friday. I chased down 2 different FedEx trucks on my bike (1 car family) when the FedEx Express truck tried to say they "attempted delivery" (they didn't).

Heartbroken, wife gets home at 5pm and asks if she should take the car and try to find the FedEx van. I was like, "yeah sure whatever I guess" (all pouty you know cuz of...no saber...and I PAID for EXPRESS...)

About 45mins pass and I text her to come home, accepting that my saber wouldn't be here until Monday.

She pulls up 5mins later and gets out of the car. I walk up to her and she pulls out the box from the back seat! She was able to find the damn truck!!

Best. Wife. Ever.

Light-side points, please! | Bellicose-Consular Green=Received! | Overlord-Blazing Red=Received! | Guardian=Spring Raffle Prize, Received!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4057 on: October 05, 2015, 04:33:42 AM »

Should probably mention that I received my Bellicose on Friday. I chased down 2 different FedEx trucks on my bike (1 car family) when the FedEx Express truck tried to say they "attempted delivery" (they didn't).

Heartbroken, wife gets home at 5pm and asks if she should take the car and try to find the FedEx van. I was like, "yeah sure whatever I guess" (all pouty you know cuz of...no saber...and I PAID for EXPRESS...)

About 45mins pass and I text her to come home, accepting that my saber wouldn't be here until Monday.

She pulls up 5mins later and gets out of the car. I walk up to her and she pulls out the box from the back seat! She was able to find the damn truck!!

Best. Wife. Ever.

Greenfire32, my wife is the same way.  She's pretty much a ninja, WOOT for amazing wives!  Point for the awesome story! Grin  Oh and getting your precious saber! Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #4058 on: October 05, 2015, 04:44:27 AM »

she goes out looking for your lightsaber....she's a keeper for sure.

so how's the lightsaber?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Ssisal
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #4059 on: October 05, 2015, 04:47:39 AM »

https://youtu.be/USe0t2FHwPQ?t=2s

start the video at 2seconds. something very strange is going on at the start of it.

but im doing much better so i made a second video to show them off at night.  So amazingly fun.

~Ssisal~

New Initiate of the Jedi Order

Greenfire32
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4060 on: October 05, 2015, 06:32:52 AM »

Greenfire32, my wife is the same way.  She's pretty much a ninja, WOOT for amazing wives!  Point for the awesome story! Grin  Oh and getting your precious saber! Cool

lol I know right? Thank you for the point!

she goes out looking for your lightsaber....she's a keeper for sure.

so how's the lightsaber?

It's...amazing!

Light-side points, please! | Bellicose-Consular Green=Received! | Overlord-Blazing Red=Received! | Guardian=Spring Raffle Prize, Received!

Orbie Wan Technobie
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #4061 on: October 05, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »

This is what I ordered yesterday. HOPING I get it in time for a church function at the end of the month...

Initiate LE v4 with Sound
[Blade LED Color:Arctic Blue]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Silver]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Trustfire Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Blade Size:Initiate 24" Blade]
[Windows:Yes Include Windows in Emitter]
[Pommel:Regular Vented Pommel (hole in bottom) [Recommended]]
[Sound:Yes, Install Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type (Momentary):Black GUARDED Switch]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]
[Install Covertec Wheel:Yes ($10 install + $4 covertec)]

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4062 on: October 05, 2015, 04:45:09 PM »

This is what I ordered yesterday. HOPING I get it in time for a church function at the end of the month...

Initiate LE v4 with Sound
[Blade LED Color:Arctic Blue]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Silver]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Trustfire Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Blade Size:Initiate 24" Blade]
[Windows:Yes Include Windows in Emitter]
[Pommel:Regular Vented Pommel (hole in bottom) [Recommended]]
[Sound:Yes, Install Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type (Momentary):Black GUARDED Switch]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]
[Install Covertec Wheel:Yes ($10 install + $4 covertec)]

Easily

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #4063 on: October 05, 2015, 08:15:47 PM »

Yeah, aside from one order I placed when a lot of the US crew was at a con, all of my orders have shipped within a week and gotten to me in 3 or 4 days (or less) after that.. but I live in the same state.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

ChillyAleman
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 51

Chilly Light

« Reply #4064 on: October 05, 2015, 08:23:12 PM »

I just got an e-mail asking for shipping confirmation, but my account on ultra-sabers says that it is still processing. Is this normal? My order includes 5 other people's sabers, so I don't want to lose it in the mail.

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: