Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171155 times)
Ganor rysode
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11205 on: June 24, 2020, 01:02:50 AM »

Your brother's been there since the 2 of you were watch vhs copies in your feety-pajamas.   Definitely get your brother one.  My brother was the first person I bought one for "other than me of course) for just the same reason

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11206 on: June 24, 2020, 01:39:03 AM »

I was told a few days ago via email that the black and silver fallen hilt was out of stock. Yet people can still order it online. I have heard the same is true of the Dominicide. This is what really p!$$#$ me off. Let's say they have 100 fallen hilts, black and silver, then they should have the website setup to mark it as out of stock once 100 orders have been made for it.
As it stands, I could go on the site, order a Dominicide or fallen and it won't be  a month or 2 before I find out they have none in stock and I will need to wait another 1-2 months before I can get my saber.
In this current time, a lot of people have lost jobs, people are stressed. I purchased my fallen saber because I had lost my job due to the covid-19 pandemic. My kids were forced into home schooling due to schools closing. I shouted myself something as a cheer me up..... But that has only led to more frustrations and anger. U.S took my money and have done a pretty poor job of treating me as a customer.

So instead of reveling in the anticipation of getting that Golden Ticket of an email telling you that your gift to yourself is on the way, and instead of letting your mind run away  with all the fun you're going to have with your lightsaber, you're choosing to let yourself get pissed off over having to wait longer than you normally would have.

I'm sorry, this is going to sound like I'm scraping for a fight and I promise you I'm not...but some of the people here are really getting under my skin.

I'm not talking about being anxious about getting that email and going, "Ooh, is today the day I get the email?  Oh, drat, it didn't come today.  Well, maybe tomorrow."  That's perfectly fine.  I'm talking about how some people are going on like, "How dare  you make me wait a month or two for my lightsaber!  I demand that you send it to me now!"

Some of you are acting like being made to wait over something that is really just a hobby is the worst thing in the world.  Well, let me tell you something I know from experience:

YOU. DON'T.  KNOW. JACK.

This is all I'm going to let myself say on the subject.   Cause if I let myself go off on a rant, I'm gonna get kicked off the forum.

Just....chill out, people, okay?  Enough.  You ordered it, it'll come. 

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11207 on: June 24, 2020, 01:43:13 AM »

i agree Jedi_Phoenix, im guilty of impatient  and even a rant but never got ugly or put anyone down like i have seen

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11208 on: June 24, 2020, 01:54:07 AM »

I just got a shipping notice on an order I placed...YESTERDAY!!
That's the quickest turnaround I've ever experienced.
It was a blade-less Grab Bag, so apparently they had those available.

I'm still waiting on my May 18 RGB Aeon v2 and the other saber I ordered yesterday: Crimson Scorpion

-

*TWITCH* LOL

Shnook817
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11209 on: June 24, 2020, 02:20:33 AM »

I just got a shipping notice on an order I placed...YESTERDAY!!
That's the quickest turnaround I've ever experienced.
It was a blade-less Grab Bag, so apparently they had those available.

I'm still waiting on my May 18 RGB Aeon v2 and the other saber I ordered yesterday: Crimson Scorpion

-

That's some good luck right there, congrats. Though if they got caught up on the grab bags I could see it being fast.

For what it's worth I'm waiting on 2 sabers from May 9th, one of which was a Crimson Scorpion and the other is a Dark Apprentice v5. Looking at your tag though it seems I got different innards for my scorpion (Fire Orange, Lite Sound). I guess if you get your scorpion first I'll know it's the apprentice that's slowing mine down. Really hope that doesn't happen though.

Currently awaiting first sabers
-Crimson Scorpion: Fire Orange, Red Flash w/ Basic Sound
-Dark Apprentice v5: Agedan Silver w/ Basic Sound

Dark Side preferred if earned.

pilotnjb
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11210 on: June 24, 2020, 03:21:43 AM »

ok so i suppose this is an unpopular opinion but I'm gonna say it anyway.

if you are obvi behind by weeks on orders, you should really stop taking orders. Many businesses actually do that (independent businesses like US) so they can catch up. Yes, you will miss out on a few sales. But, you'll be catching up, less pressure, and once you get those orders out you're kinda starting new.

Im saying this because ive seen sellers do this and i completely understand WHY they do it and i respect it cause its THEIR work. Also,,, I'm passing week 10 for my order (very basic, someone ordered the same saber as me they said and got it already) and you should rather catch up so people arent waiting as long as some are (coughs) like me and others. Its only right. Because some first-time buyers may not kNow about this forum (I didn't till a few days ago!!) and would be extremely upset cause they have no iDEA where their order is, why is it taking so long, and no responses. So US really should maybe take a week or two break from allowing sales just so they can catch up for everyones benefit.

if you really cared about this business then you shouldn't be having a fit if they do consider this. Its for them. And with this covid stuff it must be really hard. So id rather them take a break so they don't get backlogged even more and so they keep their loyal customers happy and /future/ customers happy.

but in the end its always up to them obvi. Thats just my opinion. Smiley

(there are other solutions I have not mentioned but I'm not talking about that in this post lol)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11211 on: June 24, 2020, 03:52:12 AM »

I'm debating on pulling the trigger on a Dominix LE v5 for my brother as a Christmas gift....for one thing, the guy's as gonzo about Star Wars as I am, and i wouldn't feel right hooking my kids up and not him; he's been there for me whenever I've needed him.

15% off and free shipping ain't a bad promo, either.  Plus, I'll admit I'm curious about how long I'd wait, LOL. 

The trigger has been pulled...younger brother is getting the aforementioned Dominix with a Tri-cree Consular Green mid-grade blade, Obsidian v4 sound board and a charging port.  Plus a blade plug and a mini USB cable so he can tinker with the sound fonts.

That 15% off made this one an easy purchase.  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before I get the shipping confirmation, LOL...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Hrafna
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11212 on: June 24, 2020, 04:56:08 AM »

So instead of reveling in the anticipation of getting that Golden Ticket of an email telling you that your gift to yourself is on the way, and instead of letting your mind run away  with all the fun you're going to have with your lightsaber, you're choosing to let yourself get pissed off over having to wait longer than you normally would have.

I'm sorry, this is going to sound like I'm scraping for a fight and I promise you I'm not...but some of the people here are really getting under my skin.

I'm not talking about being anxious about getting that email and going, "Ooh, is today the day I get the email?  Oh, drat, it didn't come today.  Well, maybe tomorrow."  That's perfectly fine.  I'm talking about how some people are going on like, "How dare  you make me wait a month or two for my lightsaber!  I demand that you send it to me now!"

Some of you are acting like being made to wait over something that is really just a hobby is the worst thing in the world.  Well, let me tell you something I know from experience:

YOU. DON'T.  KNOW. JACK.

This is all I'm going to let myself say on the subject.   Cause if I let myself go off on a rant, I'm gonna get kicked off the forum.

I think you missed my point. There are hilts out of stock, yet they are not listed as such on the website, so yes, more and more people can order said hilt, thinking it will take 3-4 weeks, before they even get informed the hilt is out of stock. The issue is lack of communication and what can be seen as deceptive tactics.

Am I happy I got an email 6 weeks after I ordered, yes. Am I happy the hilt I ordered that was listed as In stock and is STILL listed as In stock per the website, is no longer available? No I am not happy. I never had an issue other than 1 customer service issue with US before now. US took my money and I am not ok with how this process has been done. You might not have a problem with what is going on and great, good for you. But not everyone has to feel as you do.

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11213 on: June 24, 2020, 05:31:56 AM »

I think you missed my point. There are hilts out of stock, yet they are not listed as such on the website, so yes, more and more people can order said hilt, thinking it will take 3-4 weeks, before they even get informed the hilt is out of stock. The issue is lack of communication and what can be seen as deceptive tactics.

Am I happy I got an email 6 weeks after I ordered, yes. Am I happy the hilt I ordered that was listed as In stock and is STILL listed as In stock per the website, is no longer available? No I am not happy. I never had an issue other than 1 customer service issue with US before now. US took my money and I am not ok with how this process has been done. You might not have a problem with what is going on and great, good for you. But not everyone has to feel as you do.

I agree with this. It's understandable that these items may take some time and that they're luxury non-essentials. I don't think anyone here has said anything against the wait time itself being unreasonable and people seem to generally be understanding that

A. These things take time
B. There are extenuating circumstances which cause production to take longer than usual.

The main complaint people have levied here, which is 100% understandable, is that US has terrible communication practices that are woefully inadequate for a company taking the perceived amount of orders that they are.

Suggestions have been made in the past doze or so pages from

- overstating production times (under-promise and over-deliver). This way people aren't expecting 4 weeks when in reality it's somewhere in the 6-8 week range

- correct on-site stock to accurately reflect available items. Multiple people have mentioned US has reached out to say that the order they asked for is OOS. Something that is understandable and happens. However those items mentioned are still reflected as being in-stock on the site.

- continued promotions: It is clear US keeps offering sales and promotions as per their marketing calendar. However because of the two issues above I'm sure people are ordering items that are not in stock, or getting impatient a few weeks in because there's been no movement in their orders. It is standard practice for companies, that while flooded with orders, to slow down on promotions to catch up on outstanding orders. US has so far shown no signs of stopping and it's only gonna compound the issue.

- Email replies. It's totally understandable that US is likely swamped with emails from customers due to the things I mentioned above, but higher production times don't necessarily excuse longer reply times that are sometimes weeks after emails are sent. Im not sure what kind of CX email service US is using but losing ALL emails is highly unusual to begin with, replies taking several weeks, specially for issues like order changes or cancellations is just a bad practice and as I had mentioned before, likely to leave customers with a bad taste in their mouth regardless of the quality of the product.

Yes, these are superfluous hobby luxury items, but just because that's the case shouldn't mean that customers should be ignored and told to just sit tight and wait when a company is failing to accurately communicate with not only potential, but existing customers. The ONUS isn't on us as the customer to take it but for the company to listen and do better. I know that falls on deaf ears because this forum isn't associated with US officials, so they're not likely to see this (another major oversight if you ask me) but it still bears saying.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #11214 on: June 24, 2020, 05:41:58 AM »

If i owned US i would beef up the staff handling communications including having a sleeper member on the forum that keeps an eye on whats being said ( never exposing who they are )

Own

Wish list

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11215 on: June 24, 2020, 05:44:37 AM »

If i owned US i would beef up the staff handling communications including having a sleeper member on the forum that keeps an eye on whats being said ( never exposing who they are )

Or actually participating and actively acting as a spokesperson for US. Having a face humanizes a company. US needs to do more community support and they could benefit from an overhaul to the CS team in general, from reply practices to whatever system they're using to handle tickets.

The main issue US is having is a communication and transparency issue. Having secret employees scanning the forums but never saying anything or admitting who they are just compounds that issue.

Darth_Syn
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #11216 on: June 24, 2020, 06:07:18 AM »

I actually placed 2 separate orders today (so I could use the points on the second order) and the 6 digit order numbers where 1 digit off. Not tens, not hundreds, nor thousands. One.
It's very believable that they take orders for thousands of sabers a month. Especially considering "the other guys" are mostly out of stock and processing times for them are in the MONTHS not weeks.

If anything, US is suffering from their own success.
Would it be nice if they advertised longer lead times to set better expectations? Sure
Should they cool it with the promos so they can get caught up and manufacture more back stock? Probably
Could they hire more CSRs to answer emails in a more timely manner? Maybe
Do they still make a product that is as good or better than their competitors at a much faster rate? Absolutely!

And yes, 7-10 weeks is still much faster than 3-6 months, so it could worse

-

That makes sense actually. ERPs vary based on how orders roll in. It's not unheard of for there to be a 1 digit difference, just not common. It could also be that the system is smart enough to recognize your order in relation to your previous order.

ThorneTheViking
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11217 on: June 24, 2020, 09:30:57 AM »

I am perfectly patient to wait for my order, what is frustrating me is I have been trying to change the shipping address for a few weeks now. I moved suddenly and if it is shipped to my old address the package will immediately be stolen and I will never recieve it. I just really wish they could answer my email so I could have peace of mind.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11218 on: June 24, 2020, 11:01:14 AM »

YOU. DON'T.  KNOW. JACK.

I'll keep this short and sweet, guys.....i need to apologize for this rant I had last night.   At least for the tone of it.

Yes, I've had a real bad year, but so have a lot of people; it would be very selfish of me to think I'm the only one who's taken a beating from 2020.  Every now and then, I crack and lash out a little, and i think that's what I did last night without meaning to.

Yes, I do believe that getting annoyed over the waiting time is trivial, but that's compared to what I myself have been through this year.  For others, it may not be trivial, and it's not my place to say it is or it isn't as far as others are concerned.

Basically, what I was trying to communicate came out garbled,  and I'm sorry for that.  I'll try to get it right next time I speak.  Peace, y'all.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #11219 on: June 24, 2020, 11:13:41 AM »

Don't worry about it Jedi_Phoenix its been a bad year for alot of us on many levels. My respects for standing up and being accountable for your statement

Own

Wish list

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: