Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177676 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11640 on: July 06, 2020, 12:16:41 AM »

week 12

i hate spamming emails and that's why I've only sent five out in total between when i first ordered and now. still no response. And at this point my doods... I'm really considering canceling my order (calling my bank way smh) cause I'm very annoyed and frustrated. I'm always ok with waiting but no info, no response, ppl getting their orders before me.. pfft! yea im tired.....  i literally just want information in the end.

if they could send me ONE email saying "hey! were working on it!" i wouldn't be complaining anymore! heck! ill wait another month quietly & patiently if they informed me of SOMETHING.

i really just don't know what to do. if i cancel now, ill just order another lightsaber (from somewhere else) and ill STILL be waiting.

its a lose lose either way lol. this is a big bummer... ;/

12 weeks?

* does the mental math*

Ooh, buddy...yeah, okay, you're definitely allowed to gripe.  Wow.  Hope your luck changes real soon.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

pilotnjb
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11641 on: July 06, 2020, 12:24:28 AM »

12 weeks?

* does the mental math*

Ooh, buddy...yeah, okay, you're definitely allowed to gripe.  Wow.  Hope your luck changes real soon.

my friend ordered the sAme lightsaber as me (with sound tho!! i didn't get sound!!) three weeks AFTER i placed my order and he got his i think three weeks ago now? the math just doesn't make sense?? and then the ppl who ordered in may getting their orders and I'm still waiting PFFT!! Im a bit pressed.

are they just choosing random orders lol?? sigh.

i really hope it does too. thanks :')

CWalker
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #11642 on: July 06, 2020, 12:30:35 AM »

May 12th, zero updates.  $200 mystery box.

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11643 on: July 06, 2020, 01:11:45 AM »

One thing to add to the conversation, and I'm sure some people don't want to hear it.. is the fact there ARE other places to order from, that have decent sabers in stock.

During the waiting game, I actually ordered a few from those places. I'd decided I was going to participate in the Spring Giveaway.. but then when I was unable to get any response in the entire time it was running.. I took that money elsewhere.

Part of it went to purchasing a few second hand Ultrasabers from a local seller, and the remainder went to a few 'other guys', just to test their product out.

I can happily say, that while my Ultrasaber's order finally came in, I'm also happy that I found some of 'the other guys', too. Both products have their ups and downs, and I'll continue to do business with all of the vendors I've purchased from.

No, obviously I won't mention them in public.. due to the Terms of Service on this board, (I have personal beliefs about THAT, too, to be honest.. after all, why stifle discussion about a competitor if your product is superior, you have nothing to worry about) but I will say.. if you ask around, I'm sure some people on other places that discuss such things, may have answers for you.

~ Casp

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #11644 on: July 06, 2020, 01:34:13 AM »

This is my first time ordering a saber from here and I'm wondering what kind of updates do they do on the site? I ordered about a week ago and it's said processing the whole time. I know it's a 3-4 week waiting period so I'm not worried about that I'm just wondering if they show when they're actually building it or if it'll just say processing clear until it ships? I keep checking every day because I can't wait for it haha. Thanks!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11645 on: July 06, 2020, 01:55:37 AM »

This is my first time ordering a saber from here and I'm wondering what kind of updates do they do on the site? I ordered about a week ago and it's said processing the whole time. I know it's a 3-4 week waiting period so I'm not worried about that I'm just wondering if they show when they're actually building it or if it'll just say processing clear until it ships? I keep checking every day because I can't wait for it haha. Thanks!

First time?  Welcome to your new obsession...and i say that having not even gotten my first order yet, LOL.

The site gives an ESTIMATED processing time of 3-4 weeks, but everyone has been all over the map with their orders; the average wait time seems to be about 7-8 weeks.  This is due not only to Covid-19 affecting the work force, but also the company is facing material shortages with the hilts and other parts, and there are other various issues they've been dealing with.  That being said, some people here have gotten their orders sooner than that, some are still waiting longer than that.  The orders are not processed sequentially, rather, they seem to be processed as soon as they can, and not partially; seems they won't ship an order out until it's 100% ready to go.   The key thing to remember is, YOU WILL GET YOUR ORDER; other long time customers here can attest to that.

You won't see any update on the site, so don't worry about checking, but when your order does ship, you'll get what I call the Golden Ticket email with your tracking number.  Then, you get happy feet and share the good news with us.  And we will expect photos and a review when you do get the goods.

Best thing to do is not dwell on the wait.  Instead, browse this forum, find a topic you like, and jump on in.

And by the way....do tell, what did you order?   Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11646 on: July 06, 2020, 02:05:51 AM »

It’ll say “processing” from now until it says “shipped” — unless it doesn’t get updated on the website right away, and you get an actual shipping notice before then.  (Don’t get too excited if you get an email from Shopper Approved that asks how you like your order... it’s a third-party email that knows NOTHING about the actual status of your order, and is sent out based on UltraSabers’ historical shipping times of under 2 weeks after placing an order.  This “Shopper Approved” email does NOT mean that your order has been shipped, or that it got lost in the mail, or anything other than an automated process is being followed.)

To save you some searching, be advised that the 3-4 week lead time is an estimate, not a guarantee, and while you might receive your order within 2, 3, or 4 weeks of ordering, there might also be unplanned delays thanks to the worldwide impact of COVID-19 on manufacturing and shipping of components made in China (like LEDs and other electronics), the impact on the manufacturing processes of both UltraSabers and its many stateside suppliers when complying with the enhanced cleaning procedures and social-distancing measures, or who knows what other impacts it’s having that I’m not thinking of at the moment.  Also be advised that orders are NOT worked in the order in which they were received.  There are all kinds of dependencies on parts, technicians, work stations, tools, and other things that determine when an order can be worked or completed, and if they stuck to a FIFO (first-in, first-out) processing queue, wait times would be even longer than they are now.  If you want details on that, get a book from the library on manufacturing efficiency, or take a college course on it.  There is no way I can explain it to you fully here.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11647 on: July 06, 2020, 02:15:10 AM »

It’ll say “processing” from now until it says “shipped” — unless it doesn’t get updated on the website right away, and you get an actual shipping notice before then.  (Don’t get too excited if you get an email from Shopper Approved that asks how you like your order... it’s a third-party email that knows NOTHING about the actual status of your order, and is sent out based on UltraSabers’ historical shipping times of under 2 weeks after placing an order.  This “Shopper Approved” email does NOT mean that your order has been shipped, or that it got lost in the mail, or anything other than an automated process is being followed.)

To save you some searching, be advised that the 3-4 week lead time is an estimate, not a guarantee, and while you might receive your order within 2, 3, or 4 weeks of ordering, there might also be unplanned delays thanks to the worldwide impact of COVID-19 on manufacturing and shipping of components made in China (like LEDs and other electronics), the impact on the manufacturing processes of both UltraSabers and its many stateside suppliers when complying with the enhanced cleaning procedures and social-distancing measures, or who knows what other impacts it’s having that I’m not thinking of at the moment.  Also be advised that orders are NOT worked in the order in which they were received.  There are all kinds of dependencies on parts, technicians, work stations, tools, and other things that determine when an order can be worked or completed, and if they stuck to a FIFO (first-in, first-out) processing queue, wait times would be even longer than they are now.  If you want details on that, get a book from the library on manufacturing efficiency, or take a college course on it.  There is no way I can explain it to you fully here.

Didn't I just say all that?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously though, Cyclops brings up a good point about that "Shopper Approved" email; just ignore it.  When your order does ship, UltraSabers will email you directly.   

That Shopper Approved email plays like a cruel hoax if you ask me.... Cool

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #11648 on: July 06, 2020, 03:44:38 AM »

And by the way....do tell, what did you order?   Grin

I ordered a phantom v4 staff in green with orange foc and blue with red foc and obsidian v4. Also got a quick release coupler so I can hopefully use escrima techniques with it. I was gonna get v5s because they look better but it's $80 more to get 2 and make it into a staff with the same options so I decided I'll get the v4s and make some shrouds and maybe wraps for em with the guides in the customization section.

warguppy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11649 on: July 06, 2020, 04:03:35 AM »

I got my email that my order is completed and ready to ship at 2:31 AM CST this morning.

Far less excited than I suppose I should be at this point, given that the potential sparring group has determined not to order from US now, but I'm happy it is all almost done now. If nothing else, my son will probably dig it.

Darth Kalis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #11650 on: July 06, 2020, 04:45:06 AM »

Going into week #10 with no actual word from US and I'm already losing my interest in picking up this hobby. It's disappointing, especially when US came so highly recommended from a friend who has purchased no fewer than 8 sabers from them. Chances are, at this point I don't know that I'd but from them again.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #11651 on: July 06, 2020, 06:07:47 AM »

Again, I understand and agree with the frustration from lack of communication. This is something they should adress quickly.
BUT regarding the processing time?? My other guys saber (a curved hilt from a character played by Sir Christopher Lee) was annouced with a 10-12 weeks lead time. It took me 8 to 9 MONTHS (not weeks) to get it!
So stating you won't do business with US again, I can understand, but trust me (or don't, but you'll find out...) you won't be more happy with those particular other guys! Quality is good, but the lead time without a pandemic is higher than what US seems to be doing right now.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

CodusSupremus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11652 on: July 06, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »

Got my refund from PP for 2 MB's, the excitement of the saber has passed in the 7 weeks of waiting with no communication.

GeneralMercer
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11653 on: July 06, 2020, 11:39:03 AM »

Updates on the website have been kind of haphazard lately, we don't know why.  The main thing is that you have your receipt and order number; that is proof that they did get your order, and they'll process it when they can.  Once it ships, they'll email you the tracking information.   You won't need to check it on the website.

Thanks man

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #11654 on: July 06, 2020, 12:07:49 PM »

I think my jaw hit the ground just now when I checked my e-mail this morning and saw that the Renegade LE that I ordered on July 2 is currently on its way.  I thought that it would take at least 2 or 3 months to get it, what with how it is one of the more higher end sabers.  The fact that it is currently on its way here is just blowing my mind.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: