Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177255 times)
DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #13455 on: December 17, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »

i heard USPS is experiencing budget constraints so it is being delivered by a band of pigeons, hence, tracking is not available.
Definitely feels like it.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #13456 on: December 18, 2020, 03:16:35 AM »

Same. I ordered the Prophecy V3 for my daughter for Christmas. Got a shipment notification on 12/11, and nada since then. Last accepted in TX. Crickets.
Ouch, I don't know if I can really offer advice if you used the Postal Service (since they are a mess right now, and it's their heaviest volume time of year on top of the "new issues" they are experiencing). I got lucky and ordered enough to qualify for that free shipping, and chose FedEx because I wanted to avoid the nightmare the USPS is right now... But if you're seriously in the continental US and it shipped to you starting on the 11th, I'd have to wager it's getting close? I hope it gets there in time for your daughter's sake. Especially since you're an awesome enough dad to have purchased that kind of Xmas gift! I'm totally rooting for you to be the hero of this story. Let us know when/if it arrives from within the abyss. FYI, mine arrived with blades and batteries inserted and ready to go, so you could probably cut open the top, slip it out and ignite it to make sure it works properly; then re-package it and throw wrapping paper around the box. Best present ever.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13457 on: December 20, 2020, 07:55:16 PM »

And just like that, my last awaiting order, the Spectre, is on its way! Since it's FEDEX I believe I'll receive it before the Empress which shipped earlier but with USPS. So...
I'll soon (hopefully) have all my sabers!!

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13458 on: December 20, 2020, 11:22:14 PM »

And just like that, my last awaiting order, the Spectre, is on its way! Since it's FEDEX I believe I'll receive it before the Empress which shipped earlier but with USPS. So...
It's weird thinking the US Postal Service sends things to France. I mean I get that international mail has been a thing for a long while, but it's just odd to think of the USPS handing it off to French customs and their/your version of a postal system? I know it's not like the "friendly neighborhood mailman" is journeying to Europe to deliver a lightsaber... but it's just interesting thinking how much it has to go through to get to it's destination. Versus a multinational company like FedEx or UPS or whatever. I'm happy for you though, since you've been waiting so patiently, try not to use DoubleSlap on whoever delivers it. No killing the messenger!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13459 on: December 20, 2020, 11:53:39 PM »

It's weird thinking the US Postal Service sends things to France. I mean I get that international mail has been a thing for a long while, but it's just odd to think of the USPS handing it off to French customs and their/your version of a postal system? I know it's not like the "friendly neighborhood mailman" is journeying to Europe to deliver a lightsaber... but it's just interesting thinking how much it has to go through to get to it's destination. Versus a multinational company like FedEx or UPS or whatever. I'm happy for you though, since you've been waiting so patiently, try not to use DoubleSlap on whoever delivers it. No killing the messenger!
That's exactly what they do though. I already have a tracking for the French postal service. So it's shipped to the airport in France where it's picked up by the local postal services.
Seems it was a mistake to go with USPS though. Oh well.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13460 on: December 21, 2020, 12:11:26 AM »

That's exactly what they do though. I already have a tracking for the French postal service. So it's shipped to the airport in France where it's picked up by the local postal services.
Seems it was a mistake to go with USPS though. Oh well.
...yea, they've experienced some "troubles" recently. I'm sure you may know if you've watched news related to it or could look up what happened within recent months. Sadly I can't go into detail without violating rule 7, so I won't. But it is tragic how it'll even effect others worldwide, Christmas gifts, many many things/people overall. But that Empress is a beautiful saber. Best of luck.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #13461 on: December 21, 2020, 02:36:07 AM »

I have no doubt that you'll have your sabers before too much longer; I think you've been waiting for about as long as I've been a member here, or close to it, LOL!  Congratulations!

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13462 on: December 21, 2020, 08:53:43 AM »

I have no doubt that you'll have your sabers before too much longer; I think you've been waiting for about as long as I've been a member here, or close to it, LOL!  Congratulations!
Yeah, I think we joined around the same time xD

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Jahns
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #13463 on: December 21, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »

I have not purchased an Ultrasaber for several years, but my wife has recently been bugging me about her old saber's soundboard dying, so I decided to take the plunge and get a couple mystery box sabers (with sound) - one for each of us. I have had a great deal of enjoyment from mystery sabers in the past (won an awesome one with sound in a raffle a few years back). Now comes the hard part, the wait!

Dark Initiate LE v4 (Sound) - Violet Amethyst
Bellicose (Sound) - Pyrestone Orange
Bellicose (Sound) - Dark Violet Amethyst
Scorpion (Sound) - TRI Consular Green
Mystery Box Saber (Sound) - Waiting
Mystery Box Saber (Sound) - Waiting

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13464 on: December 22, 2020, 02:54:26 PM »

So the sabers I ordered for my kids' Christmas gifts have been sitting at my parents' house since July, I think tonight will be the night I mosey on over, get the batteries put back in, and let them charge up overnight.  Then tomorrow, I'll head back over and box them all up to be given out on Christmas morning.

Can't believe it's finally here, after all this waiting...seems surreal, in a way.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13465 on: December 22, 2020, 05:35:48 PM »

So the sabers I ordered for my kids' Christmas gifts have been sitting at my parents' house since July, I think tonight will be the night I mosey on over, get the batteries put back in, and let them charge up overnight.  Then tomorrow, I'll head back over and box them all up to be given out on Christmas morning.

Can't believe it's finally here, after all this waiting...seems surreal, in a way.
OOOOOOOOh it's time. Finally. =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Knight Ashy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13466 on: December 22, 2020, 08:37:38 PM »

Just hoping to get some info from y'all since US won't reply to my emails what's usually the lead time for your savers I got a grab bag just because it's my first saber. Also order through FedEx thanks in advance

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13467 on: December 22, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »

Just hoping to get some info from y'all since US won't reply to my emails what's usually the lead time for your savers I got a grab bag just because it's my first saber. Also order through FedEx thanks in advance

It all depends. Some hilts are in stock and ready to ship in 2-3 days, others are on backorder to the moon and back (Lost Grey and Fulcrum for exemple).
Grabbags are a different story. I don't know how they manage their grab bags inventory/stock.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13468 on: December 22, 2020, 10:24:38 PM »

It all depends. Some hilts are in stock and ready to ship in 2-3 days, others are on backorder to the moon and back (Lost Grey and Fulcrum for example).
Grabbags are a different story. I don't know how they manage their grab bags inventory/stock.
I'd guess, and it's just a guess. That they are pre-made ready to go OR made on the spot out of random parts. But since I remember seeing video of a pallet with tons of boxes stacked on it for something I vaguely remember being like "grab bags" I'd bet pre made (possibly it was a raffle and I'm mistaken). I'm betting you won't have to wait super long since FedEx is pretty expedient, and it'd almost be absurd to not have grab bag supplies available... Only way I can see that happening is if they had so many orders for them that they ran out and have to make more. Either way post some pictures of it when you get it, so we all get to be surprised. They show like 15 hilts so even if some are "out of stock" it probably just raises the chances of others. (Honestly from the description it sounds like some are "mistakes" made with custom sabers of higher value. Like a slight error, it gets dropped and has a "light but definite scratch", or something similar.) I'd be cool with a rather expensive hilt with a possibly odd defect for much cheaper... Just add some paint, or distress it to give it a war torn and weathered look. Members have posted awesome custom work along those lines. Good luck Ashy, nice choice on a random surprise saber.

I have not purchased an Ultrasaber for several years, but my wife has recently been bugging me about her old saber's soundboard dying, so I decided to take the plunge and get a couple mystery box sabers (with sound) - one for each of us. I have had a great deal of enjoyment from mystery sabers in the past (won an awesome one with sound in a raffle a few years back). Now comes the hard part, the wait!

Epic act of husbandry right there, with any luck you'll both get something cool. Although I bet you could look up how to replace that soundboard too, or pay someone to... If it's an amazingly cool lightsaber or has sentimental value anyway. It may be a "quick fix" with the right tools/parts and in the right hands. A bit of research could do the trick. I'd kill for a wife that begs me for a lightsaber. Heck I'd propose with an engagement ring custom built onto a "gift saber" in that case. (Yes others can feel free to steal that idea if it hasn't been done already.) OMG you could preload the soundboard to say "will you marry me?" when it ignites! ...master plan in the works, now I just need the proper willing participant.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13469 on: December 23, 2020, 01:57:22 AM »

It's done, they're charging.

The only problem I ran into was, one set of batteries didn't seem to be working the way they should; I'd put them in and the "Obsidian" audio cue would go off, but the saber wouldn't light up - tried the same set in two different sabers, no good.  Luckily, all the other batteries seemed to be okay, so it's only the Frankensaber that's without power for now.  Later on, I'll check the batteries further and order another set if I need to.  Everything else seems to be falling into place.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS: