Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Trustfire Battery Issue  (Read 69643 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2015, 05:41:31 PM »

Replaced my TrustFire chargers from US with an XTAR VP4 4-cell Li-Ion charger because the TFs made really high-pitched buzzing sounds for months now and it became annoying the last few days. Works like a charm, I can really recommend it!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »

Update: I noticed that one of my cells got unbearable hot, that didn't happen in my old chargers AFAIK. I've set the charging current to 0.25A (the lowest possible), and still get that problem. Also, the flashing battery symbol in the display doesn't stop even after about half an hour - and the battery voltage was around 4 V right after putting it into the charger, so it should not take that long Undecided Any suggestions? I almost think that the cell if defective...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »

UPDATE:

The DE (DEWORLD?) 14500 cells, DO NOT FIT.

They are too long for the battery holders inside your UltraSaber...  Live and learn I guess.  May see if I can make a minor modification or something, but they don't fit the factory holder.

Do not buy these from Radio Shack if you plan on using them in an UltraSaber.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »

Crud, I had nabbed a set without checking if they'd fit into a standard AA battery holder.

Unwrapped to investigate - the protection circuit makes 'em too big. Without it, it looks like they'd *just* fit.

On the one hand, unprotected cells should bump up the possible output on these cells, perhaps making for a brighter Tri-Cree blade. On the other, there's the possibility of discharging below the safe minimum voltage, damaging the cells. Ugh~

ddr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2015, 12:51:12 AM »

Radio Shack's back in business and stocking Lithium Ion rechargeables in different sizes. The person working the shop when I came in didn't really know anything about lithium ions (pointing me to those regular 1.5v "lithium" batteries), but then made mention of a section of batteries that were popular with Vapers, and surprise, a whole selection of 14500, 18650, and lots of other size rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. The one by me only carries 14500s in a pack with a charger, but that set is also currently on clearance, so you might score yourself a nice deal.

There is a chain of stores here in AZ and I think other states called Batteries Plus.  They stock all kinds of batteries and they carry the 14500.  That's were I always go to get rechargeable batteries because you can see what you are getting at the time of the sale.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »

There is a chain of stores here in AZ and I think other states called Batteries Plus.  They stock all kinds of batteries and they carry the 14500.  That's were I always go to get rechargeable batteries because you can see what you are getting at the time of the sale.

I checked Batteries and Bulbs (chain store that just opened) as well as a nearby Batteries Plus, they have 14500's, but in their brands, however the Batteries and Bulbs variant was a 600mAh, and the Batteries Plus was a 450mAh, I didn't buy either one because I didn't want another repeat of the Radio Shack incident.

It all boils down to "If you want what's best for your saber, probably ought to buy them from the folks that built it."  I've just got to get the budget worked out to get saber parts, computer parts (I hate this POS laptop I'm using, but at least it works... somewhat,) keep the bills paid, and start paying for my health insurance that's supposed to go into effect in two weeks...

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2015, 04:51:47 AM »

I have a question that pertains to batteries and recharge ports. When US does a recharge port is it the same setup as normal with the 2 Trustfire AA sized batteries just with the port added or do they use a different batter setup? I'm eventually going to add a port to my saber and I want to know if I'm going to need to change batteries. Thanks in advance. MTFBWYA

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »

It's the same Li-Ion setup for Recharge Port and non-Recharge Port sabers, so it's not necessary to change the battery setup. Actually, the Recharge Port setup is meant to be used with the Li-Ion setup ONLY!

Sig by Master Nero

Antron007
Knight Ensign

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2015, 12:07:34 AM »

It's the same Li-Ion setup for Recharge Port and non-Recharge Port sabers, so it's not necessary to change the battery setup. Actually, the Recharge Port setup is meant to be used with the Li-Ion setup ONLY!

Thanks Racona Nova. That's a big help. Point to you.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2015, 03:02:25 AM »

Just as an announcement: My last set of working 14500s have expired, and no longer work. Yes, my unmodified Ultras are currently dark. The way I see it, I got three years' worth of constant charging, getting my butt schooled by Darth Nonymous in geared combat, and every video review I've ever done, and each cell is under $5 before shipping. That is unbeatable, man. Placing an order soon here for a restock, and then it's time to play again. Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Antron007
Knight Ensign

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2015, 03:15:12 AM »

Thanks for the life span report eerockk.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 12:32:18 PM »

Update: Finally got my battery issue resolved.  UltraSabers came to Planet Comicon and I was able to purchase new trustfires and a new charger from their booth... did this the first day of the con, so I had functioning sabers the next two days!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

MARIO9565
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2017, 08:30:04 AM »

hey, iv been looking at batteries on amazon, what are the most powerful batteries i can buy with ought compromising the saber or my life. iv seen 14500 batteries that cap out at 3000 mah

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2017, 11:20:57 AM »

hey, iv been looking at batteries on amazon, what are the most powerful batteries i can buy with ought compromising the saber or my life. iv seen 14500 batteries that cap out at 3000 mah

Random chinese batteries with false ratings - don't waste your time or money. 14500 cells cap out around 800mAh, some brands give a more optimistic 900mAh label, but they still usually measure ~750-800. You're not getting more capacity without moving up to a larger cell.

MARIO9565
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »

so i have to get 14500 li-ion cells? i spent a bit of time watching youtube vids and seeing people test them and the highest iv seen that were legit were trustfire 1200 mah

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: