Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Author Topic: The two worst Jedi Knights in the History of Star Wars  (Read 57059 times)
digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

So your saying a Jedi Battle master was taken down by a sith apprentice 

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »

So your saying a Jedi Battle master was taken down by a sith apprentice 

...who was the Chosen One and dramatically over powered

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »

...who was the Chosen One and dramatically over powered

Correct. At that point he could have defeated anyone since his fate was already predetermined by the Force.

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »

Correct. At that point he could have defeated anyone since his fate was already predetermined by the Force.

Correct. At that point he could have defeated anyone since his fate was already predetermined by the Lucas.

Fixed that for you  Undecided

Light side points please Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »

Correct. At that point he could have defeated anyone since his fate was already predetermined by the Lucas.

Fixed that for you  Undecided

George Lucas is the Force? Shocked

Sorry.... off-topic, I know.... Grin

no

violak90
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

xFa

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2012, 08:11:26 PM »

Sad. Truly.

Happy owner of two The Dark Initiate LE v2 UltraSabers, Guardian Blue, and Blazing Red!

First Video http://youtu.be/1AH8Pitmzsw
http://youtu.be/G3-KMCgeS78 (no sound/music)

Nahal
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »

I agree with you on that point.  I think the scene was done this way to make him seem like a powerhouse, so you really get a feel for his might... I just think it was poorly planned.  Here are two reasons why I don't like this idea:

1.  If you're going to have this guy come barreling out of the gate to wipe out two Jedi Masters instantly, at least make it visually believable.  As it goes you just see Palpatine basically walk up and stab them... I'm sorry but unless he used some kind of "Force paralysis" ability it just seems dumb.  At least if he was a whirlwind of darkness (like a true counterpart to Yoda) you could excuse it.

2.  Once again let me explain my feelings that there is more to these people than their massive power in the Force or lightsaber abilities.  Think about it - why was Yoda great?  Cause he was a beastly powerful Force user?  Or a master duelist?  No, he was great because he was wise beyond measure, and it was exactly this wisdom that allowed him to save the galaxy through Luke.  Similarly, Palpatine didn't need to be a "super-powerful Sith Lord".  His power was in deception and subtlety - he was SMART.  He turned the freakin Jedi Order on its head, and gained absolute control of an unsuspecting government.  This was done through ingenious planning, not super Force powers.  Making him and Yoda the "superpowers" of their respective sides basically trashes this idea, and essentially dumbs down the movie to appeal to the average viewer.  Sorry, but I'm a bit disappointed.

Oh look, I went on another prequel rant.  Sorry bout that Wink

But it was there.  You saw it your self.  I feel that the reason that these two were so powerful in the force was because they were both so intellectually apt.  It goes hand and hand most of the time.  Mace Windu, Ki-Adi Mundi, Yoda, Kenobi, and Palpatine are all very powerful and incredibly astute.  Then we have powerful idiots as well like Luke, Anakin pre-vader, Malek and Vader's secret apprentice.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2013, 05:26:37 PM »

I wouldn't really consider Anakin a Force Powerful Idiot. I mean, sure he wasn't as scheming and coniving as, say, Palpatine, but he was a great general. I mean, I usually don't go by the Clone Wars cartoons, but even in the books or by canon he was quite well advanced in his war skill. Also, don't forget his knack for machinery and customizations. It takes a great mind to do the things he did, the risks. But his emotion overwhelmed him and was easy to manipulate, which led to his "Downfall". Not to mention the elaborate system of clone apprentices and technology he helped devise "behind" Palpatine's back, which eventually led up to the Rebel Alliance. Some part of me made me thing that he wanted that to happen.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »

I was never happy about the way Mace was killed I mean Palps tries to sneak attack lightning and is deflected, his reaction time was uncanny even in Episode 2 when Fett tries to sneak attack him and hit him with the fire, but Anakin easily cuts off his arm just never sat right with me. I mean lets face it Obi wan and Anakin were close in power and Obi-wan beat Anakin without taking any lightsaber damage, It just seems to me that Anakin would have failed to injure Mace without Palpatine directly assisting him even with a suprise attack.

If I may, Mace used shatterpoints, which are essentially fault lines in beings, situations and objects where if exploited, allow the user (apparently very rare in beings) to essentially predict, have premonitions, and even alter the outcomes or a situation. That being said let's look at Mace who was one of the ''rare'' beings able to utilize this ability. In the midst of the duel Mace only saw one shatterpoint, that being that eliminating Palpatine (or old pruneface if you prefer) would ultimately stop the Sith. He didn't have the... Oh what's the word? We'll go with time for this as it seems appropriate. In the time from Mace cornering Pruneface, ''deforming'' him, and Anakin showing up, he didn't have the ability to see that Anakin's shatterpoint was his ''need'' for Palpatine to be alive in order to save Padme`. Failure to see this shatterpoint caused Mace to essentially think Anakin was saying he needs to stand trial due to the law. As far as this concerns it, I see Mace basically thinking ''He doesn't realize the danger and I do. I will do what I have to.'' This was Mace's fatal flaw. He didn't make the connection until it was too late. Basically he failed to use his greatest asset and that was his undoing. It's not that Anakin was ''better'' than Mace, but rather his judgement was clouded given the situation and ultimately he was defenseless.

That being said, even a Rodian bounty hunter that was re-written to shoot first could have gotten him is he was quick enough on the draw...  Grin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:18:11 PM by Darth Abaddon » Logged

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Kenobi Rush
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

May the force be with you!

« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2013, 07:11:34 PM »

they were both powerful jedi masters but no match 4 sidous. US make a darth sidous hilt. it looks awsome. i think hasbro should make 1 at least. they made a fisto saber but not sidous

Light side points please!

Lightsabers
-Overlord with sound(GB green AV switch archon pommel)
-Bellicose with sound(CG AS FOC blue AV switch)

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2013, 03:46:47 AM »

the emperor may have been the most powerful force user there ever was, He could have killed ALL the jedi himself had he not been so devoted to his grand machinations. He (and his master) created anakin through meditation. he single handedly controlled the galaxy, unchecked, for 20 years. He even manipulated Thrawn, who was most definitely the greatest military tactician to ever live in the star wars universe. He even stopped the "rule of two" (even though his apprentice did kill him, it wasn't for the same reasons that had been motivating the sith previously.  Banes paradigm for Sith motivation was so strong, so deeply embeded in the Force, that it drove all sith for a thousand years.  The emperor was the only one in a thousand years whose will and connection to the Force was strong enough to transform the Sith destiny.  when you see the Emperor's true impact on the galaxy and the future of all force users, it becomes clear that his power was unrivaled. Has the force ever granted anyone power even remotely close to this?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2013, 04:04:03 AM »

Has the force ever granted anyone power even remotely close to this?

Hmmm...I hate pruneface.

I would say the next character written could be the most powerful...pushing planets into suns and such...sigh.

But with the EU characters I would agree with other on the net that these five are the band of the hand...strongest with the force without just being a fluff job from some fanboy writer...

Luke

Yoda

Pruneface

Vader

Sunrider

...these are the ones that Uncle Lucas nods his fleshy jowls at in approval  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2013, 04:31:15 AM »

The biggest shame in the Star Wars Universe was George Lucas directed the films after Empire Strikes Back. They just kept going downhill but its just my
opinion.  He would set the stage for a great battle and have it end in the cheasiest way.    I mean ok Maul may have been suprised by Obi force jump but he just stands there as Obi wan flips all the way over him and halves him, but yet when Anakin tries to do the same to Obi-Wan he is dismembered.  George I think focused more on the visuals instead of the story and somewhere lost his vision. I personally think Palpatine is a great Sith but this scene would have been better without Fisto and the rest getting pwned and just kept it a 1 on 1 scene with Windu and Palpatine to me it would have made more sense.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2013, 05:02:37 AM »

The biggest shame in the Star Wars Universe was George Lucas directed the films after Empire Strikes Back. They just kept going downhill but its just my
opinion.  He would set the stage for a great battle and have it end in the cheasiest way.    I mean ok Maul may have been suprised by Obi force jump but he just stands there as Obi wan flips all the way over him and halves him, but yet when Anakin tries to do the same to Obi-Wan he is dismembered.  George I think focused more on the visuals instead of the story and somewhere lost his vision. I personally think Palpatine is a great Sith but this scene would have been better without Fisto and the rest getting pwned and just kept it a 1 on 1 scene with Windu and Palpatine to me it would have made more sense.
OR it could be that Obi-wan himself had done it to a cocky Darth Maul that was basking in his murder of a Jedi Master. And Obi-wan who had went through the war with his Padawan-turned-Knight (as well as brother in a sense) knew how to defeat a technique he had already used in his lifetime, hence why it didn't work when Anakin attempted it on Obi.

All speculation though.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2013, 09:14:38 PM »

ya when I read more about the back story and learned that Maul was so arrogant and that he had already failed one of his missions just before he died because of the same mistake then it makes more sense that obi was able to kill him like that.  killing a Jedi master was what Maul had been obsessing over his whole life and Palpatine was worried that his arrogance would get him killed. they just dont do a good job of making any of that clear in the movie

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: