Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Force Users + Matrix/Terminators = Star Wars Dark Metal  (Read 19302 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: November 12, 2013, 02:42:07 AM »

Consider the baseline Jedi/sith...not the grand masters and lords of whatever...TK push, suggestion, command, illusion, control of self/body, healing, etc.  None of the over the top stuff like shatterpoint or pulling down starships.

The logic behind AI evolving to sentience...the most accepted consideration is that it would continue to evolve beyond caring about us, it would build a way off planet, and leave...this would mean the minor AI that follows programming would be left behind, corrupted programming could mean round up resources, seeing people as resources the war begins anew.

Otherwise logic says, create a virus and wipe us out and be done with it lol.

So the fun part...the Force connection is discovered by accident through the AI evolving and seeking new energy sources, it could not use the Force to any reliable measure so abandoned the project...leaving those involved touched and thus access to the Force.

So a ravaged world, humans mostly in hiding or enslaved, pockets of resistance, waves of bots of all sizes and types collecting/managing resources.

Lots of less charismatic Grievous types  Smiley

Sounds like gaming fun right?

A thought on TK...telekinesis...I despise the alpha and omega aspect that these ends up going..."I choose TK because I can do anything with TK"...in this case you can not.

TK flight...sure
TK punch...sure
TK push...sure
TK crush...sure
TK all of the above and anything else imagined...no

With this in mind...what one Force ability (note above thoughts...no god or ultra powers pls) would you want to fight the good fight against the machines?

What one Force ability would you feel would fit your personality and function in this setting?

A slightly modified established ability to better fit the setting is welcome and appreciated...the more interesting the better Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:43:59 AM »

Yes...there would be sabers!

Sabers operate only for those with Force connection  Cheesy

Another project that failed to provide the desired result, but useful tools in the right hands!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:40:34 AM »

Mechu-deru comes to mind, but that might be a game changer.

Pretty much any of the anti-droid attacks could be useful, as would Force electrical attacks...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 11

Nova 'leven, ready to vape 'em TIEs!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 06:46:36 AM »

Force Storm.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »

Mechu-deru comes to mind, but that might be a game changer.

Pretty much any of the anti-droid attacks could be useful, as would Force electrical attacks...

As the Force users in question would be less powerful than the standard as we normally ID them, this would be a great ability...it takes time, preparation, and I would imagine a handful of drones/followers could be maintained.

A good one indeed.

Force Storm.

Force Storm can mean:

1    Force storm, a Force-created hyperspace wormhole
2    Force storm, a Force-created weather pattern
3    Force storm, a variation of Force lightning

1 "The intense gravity of black holes and other interstellar forces cause warps, folds, and buckles in space. Asteroids and spaceships have tumbled into these space warps and have suddenly reappeared millions of miles away."...the epitome of Force god powers, so in this context insanely powerful...right out   Undecided...now if it were highly highly modified it might work for the setting...perhaps a teleport worm hole, create and step through or create and the target falls through...or...perhaps a destructive wormhole of micronic size, a touch ability, touch and the target implodes on itself for a square foot or so, great for creating a cube/sphere of damage the size of a basketball...maybe something like that?

2 modify weather patterns, interesting...good for creating cover and making things wet/cold which could cause the machines to have issues if already damaged or battle worn

3 basically call lightning I guess, stronger than regular Force lightning but only works outdoors with LOS with the sky and a moment to build up clouds

A pair of Storm Jedi, one with 2 and one with 3 would be an awesome combo...one quickly changes the weather and the other calls down the heavy lightning.

Good times.

What or which were you thinking?

Grin

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »

A modified Shatterpoint perhaps?

This could be the 1 from above, creating that wormhole crushing effect, though the wormhole thought creates a void of space with the material being gone and the shatterpoint would just bust it up...both have value and would be fun, different end use for sure.

But the one that keeps popping up for me is a Force EMP pulse...a Force push that is all magnetic, so it would not push a person or an object, it just pushes out a variable magnetic field...that would or could cause various and sundry issues for electronics...unshielded electronics...so the machines could protect themselves if they figured it out or could be bothered to do so...I like the idea of it having a weakness and being a 360* burst sort of thing.

So a group of machines...he releases his pulse and as it varies in strength and frequency it may affect each differently...one might drop dead, one might have a stroke with only one side of its body functioning, one might go blind, one may not be affected...that sort of thing.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »

I would choose TK simply because it seems very utilitarian.  For instance, you could move heavy stuff out of your way, or make a barricade with it or you could make handholds, makeshift scaffolds to help non-force-users  climb up to high spaces.  You can use TK to attack, throwing stuff at enemies or pushing, pulling them off balance.  You could pull a weapon to you that might otherwise be out of reach.

It's all about the utility.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »

For sure, basic TK is the go to tool Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »

TK for me. Pushing over robots would be very handy.

Then again, lightning would be useful and very flashy...

Nah, TK.

no

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »

TK for me. Pushing over robots would be very handy.

Then again, lightning would be useful and very flashy...

Nah, TK.

TK also let's you do fun stuff like telekinetically grab a robot's arm and make it repeatedly punch itself in the face while you keep saying "stop hitting yourself!"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »

So here is the next fun question...your choice is to be a Force sensitive and have any ability as well as can use a light saber...or...be a reprogrammed terminator...or...a visiting Yautja (jungle hunter clan) looking for hunting challenges?

Of course the Force users can not operate/wear the Predator armor/weapon systems though a single piece can be modified for use, maybe...the Terminators have huge strength and toughness and can use big heavy guns...neither the Predators or the Terminators can use the Force or light sabers.

Which do you choose?

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »

What sorts of Terminator are we talking about? I assume only the basic HHKs and Infiltrators and not, say, T-Infinities?

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 11:29:16 PM »

What sorts of Terminator are we talking about? I assume only the basic HHKs and Infiltrators and not, say, T-Infinities?

Well of course the basic models lol.

And the Force sensitive above...timed out before I caught the progressive typed error of "any" which should be "an" ability, with the same considerations as before  Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 11:31:11 PM »

Well of course he basic models lol.

And the Force sensitive above...timed out before I caught the progressive typed error of "any" which should be "an" ability, with the same considerations as before  Smiley

Reasonable enough. I would go with reprogrammed T-1001.

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »

Reasonable enough. I would go with reprogrammed T-1001.

Lol nice try, they are basically indestructible unless the movie director wants them to die...no just a basic model terminator Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: