Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 213815 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »

Can that shroud fit an Overlord? Would look awesome on an Overlord. =] Now I kind of want a Dominix V3 though. Tongue What size set screws would you recommend for this?

I believe so. I wasn't sure if the Overlord has a 1.45" diameter or not. The shroud doesn't have any holes for set screws since I wanted it to be universal. For the blade plugs, the normal retention screw size works fine.

Doh. That's my mistake. I should have gotten the polished plastic material. I am sure I can work with what I have. Smiley

It happens. It took me a while to get familiar with the materials and their limitations. And now you know for next time if you decide to get something else later on.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »

So the shroud should just slide on and fit without any set screws? Cool. Makes my job easier. Tongue Will the emitter shrouds work the same way?  Only thing that confuses me on the one shroud design is the middle part, like do you bend the middle prongs up to fit over the switch if you get a stunt saber? That's what I'm seeing anyway.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 11:29:16 PM »

So the shroud should just slide on and fit without any set screws? Cool. Makes my job easier. Tongue Will the emitter shrouds work the same way?  Only thing that confuses me on the one shroud design is the middle part, like do you bend the middle prongs up to fit over the switch if you get a stunt saber? That's what I'm seeing anyway.

It should fit over the saber snuggly, but I can't guarantee it will stay put during a duel without some way to hold it on. The slots in the back allow for attaching a covertec wheel or some other knob screw through the shroud to hold it in place if desired. The midsection of the shroud will have to be placed so that it avoids the switch since the gap is too narrow for the switch to slide through. The upper and lower wrap arounds will allow the switch to pass through with ease so that the shroud can slide onto the saber. The switches tend to be placed higher on the sabers anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem for the switch to fall within the top part of the shroud for any saber.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 04:35:46 AM »

Okay. I'll probably just put set screws on the lower end of the shroud then and one in the middle section with the 3 prong looking things. Can we also get a shroud for the 4 remaining V2 sabers? Tongue I got a Dominix V2 LE saber I'd like to get a shroud on but from you.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 04:48:23 AM »

Okay. I'll probably just put set screws on the lower end of the shroud then and one in the middle section with the 3 prong looking things. Can we also get a shroud for the 4 remaining V2 sabers? Tongue I got a Dominix V2 LE saber I'd like to get a shroud on but from you.

I'll think about a V2 version. Right now I have some other stuff I'm focusing on first though.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »

I am very excited to announce a major expansion to the shop with a section full of new items to explore. There are over 15 new items now available in this section that will surely add an extra bit of detail to that costume you have in mind. Also, because of their alignment with this theme, the Holocrons have been moved to this section as well. My shop now has a true reason to belong in the Costume and Props thread here on the forum  Smiley

Let me know what you think, and as always don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:04:06 AM by sedstiskyfaller » Logged

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2014, 02:20:25 AM »

Ya know I was wondering if you where gona do the comunicater or the holoprojector. Have a point for reading my mind

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »

Lol. Same here. I will be getting it all. 2 sets of 4 for the capsules, comm link with belt clip, and holo comm, too bad no pouches though.

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »

Have a point. I will defiantly be getting some of the capsules.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »

Totally need that detonator... hey, wrist comlinks and stuff? I need to beef up my Jedi game.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »

Totally need that detonator... hey, wrist comlinks and stuff? I need to beef up my Jedi game.

I'll keep that in mind. It would probably have to include a hinge or something since it is plastic.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2014, 01:53:07 AM »

Yeah I need to update my Jedi costume some more as well. Maybe extra chain links or something for leather belts, say one is put on attached using velcro instead of the real thing? That's how my belt is for now but I'll be getting a better one here soon.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2014, 02:01:10 AM »

I'm happy with the current product selection so it will probably be a while before I introduce any new products from here on out unless something really grabs my attention. I did a lot of research for this latest expansion to offer popular items that I could confidently achieve through modeling. I will, however, take all suggestions into consideration for the future. Thanks for all the comments and support.

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »

As promised. Button covers and blade plugs installed on my AEON (BR) and AEON LE v3 (AS).

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »

As promised. Button covers and blade plugs installed on my AEON (BR) and AEON LE v3 (AS).

They look great. Thanks for sharing Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: