Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 95800 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #300 on: June 23, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »

They actually aren't that expensive for the raw components, closer to $250.

10 sound fonts coupled to 10 color mixes for only $250?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #301 on: June 23, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »

10 sound fonts coupled to 10 color mixes for only $250?

The parts probably could be had for $250, but for a lower-end board then you are talking about.

It would be great if US could eventually link the Obsidian and Emerald funcionality together to work that way, but that would mean sending my Manticores back in for more expensive upgrades.   Tongue

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #302 on: June 23, 2015, 05:45:54 PM »

Well, a board in question that does all the color-mixing on board is right about $150, but you would have to install it yourself. If the Obsidian and Emerald were all just one board, it would greatly improve it, since pretty much all of the color mixing boards out on the market have that capability.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Dr_R_Eaper
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #303 on: June 23, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »

How are the boards hook up now?

I know with just the obsidian you have a second set of wires coming off the LED unit for FOC,  but with emerald wouldn't the LED unit be connected to the emerald board before the obsidian board?

On a second line of thinking, would it be possible for a future version of emerald to change "light fonts", assuming it can't be done in sync with the obsidian then independent of it.  We already have RGB sabers, with a main activation switch and additional switches for changing the LED configuration.  Could we not have a second switch for switching "light fonts" done so in a similar fashion to how we switch sound fonts?  I know ideally we would like everything done with only the need for one button on our sabers, but sometimes compromise is needed.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #304 on: June 23, 2015, 06:52:11 PM »

How are the boards hook up now?

I know with just the obsidian you have a second set of wires coming off the LED unit for FOC,  but with emerald wouldn't the LED unit be connected to the emerald board before the obsidian board?

On a second line of thinking, would it be possible for a future version of emerald to change "light fonts", assuming it can't be done in sync with the obsidian then independent of it.  We already have RGB sabers, with a main activation switch and additional switches for changing the LED configuration.  Could we not have a second switch for switching "light fonts" done so in a similar fashion to how we switch sound fonts?  I know ideally we would like everything done with only the need for one button on our sabers, but sometimes compromise is needed.

I do have an RGB saber and while I like the function of it, am not a fan of having four switches.  Two switches would be much more manageable and seems like it would make good sense if it is doable.  That would really be great to have a 2nd switch dedicated to switching color profiles.  I have never worked with the driver though so I don't know if it is possible.  Sabers equipped with the other guys boards have auxiliary buttons for changing fonts/color profiles anyway so it wouldn't be any different in that regard.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

I am legend.

« Reply #305 on: June 23, 2015, 08:28:46 PM »

I do have an RGB saber and while I like the function of it, am not a fan of having four switches.  Two switches would be much more manageable and seems like it would make good sense if it is doable.  That would really be great to have a 2nd switch dedicated to switching color profiles.  I have never worked with the driver though so I don't know if it is possible.  Sabers equipped with the other guys boards have auxiliary buttons for changing fonts/color profiles anyway so it wouldn't be any different in that regard.

I don't think it would possible with the Emerald in this current iteration. They would need to redesign both from the ground up to make it work.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #306 on: June 26, 2015, 03:00:47 PM »

Alright.....WTF? A while back I had listed this as a suggestion.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/fire27481/my%20thing_zpsfz2d8fbd.jpg

How did I miss this?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

I am legend.

« Reply #307 on: June 26, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »

That's a Prophecy v2 LE, if I recall correctly. I remember when they sold that one.

Under Construction...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #308 on: June 26, 2015, 09:06:43 PM »

That's a Prophecy v2 LE, if I recall correctly. I remember when they sold that one.

It is, and I didn't put that image in correctly.

Sig by For Tyeth

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #309 on: June 26, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »

Looks almost like a budget vader with that paint job.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #310 on: June 26, 2015, 09:55:49 PM »

If a Prophecy V3 LE comes out again better believe I'd be all over that one Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #311 on: June 27, 2015, 08:34:43 AM »

I haven't spotted this suggestion yet, but I may have missed something:
More Old Republic-inspired hilts. I like the buttons, shrouds, claws and fiddly bits that come with the sabers in the comics set in 10,000 - 3,000 BBY era, when lightsabers were first being developed.
The Bellicose and Guardian are GREAT examples of older-school Star Wars influences. I especially loved the Arkanian influences, and the hand-guard on Odan-Urr's 'saber, much like the old fencing blades (or the lever on an old-school rifle).

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #312 on: June 27, 2015, 11:53:30 AM »

I haven't spotted this suggestion yet, but I may have missed something:
More Old Republic-inspired hilts. I like the buttons, shrouds, claws and fiddly bits that come with the sabers in the comics set in 10,000 - 3,000 BBY era, when lightsabers were first being developed.
The Bellicose and Guardian are GREAT examples of older-school Star Wars influences. I especially loved the Arkanian influences, and the hand-guard on Odan-Urr's 'saber, much like the old fencing blades (or the lever on an old-school rifle).

I actually have some stuff for putting together one of the ancient "battery pack" Lightsabers.  Working a different project now, but maybe that will be next.  Probably Stunt only.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #313 on: June 30, 2015, 02:22:37 PM »

Looks almost like a budget vader with that paint job.

That was what I used to think about the Proph in general, but take a look at Ani's Ep2 saber next to the Prophecy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »

After managing to see a few new pics, I've noticing a new style pommel coming with some of these Premium Grab Bags. This kinda got me thinking a little. Would anyone else be interested if US offered 2 classes of Grab Bag sabers? One standard, the other (for a slight increase in price) being Premium?

Let me know your thoughts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: