Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Telling people to use the search function and other stuff  (Read 48462 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 03:30:47 PM »

No, Thank you.  Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

SithLord
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 05:05:08 AM »

This is a great thread. I totally agree. Other nonrelated forums can show such hostility and unfriendliness with regard to this. A friendly reminder and a quick point in the right direction takes less time than to belittle someone and come across as rude and a snob.
This is my first post... I am a noob, althought I do own 5 FX sabers. Happy to be here. I'll try hard to use the search feature!  :  )

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »

This is a great thread. I totally agree. Other nonrelated forums can show such hostility and unfriendliness with regard to this. A friendly reminder and a quick point in the right direction takes less time than to belittle someone and come across as rude and a snob.
This is my first post... I am a noob, althought I do own 5 FX sabers. Happy to be here. I'll try hard to use the search feature!  :  )

We try to be very patient here, and I like to think it works.  The search feature is great for looking up all kinds of useful info, but if you do have a question you can't find the answer to that way feel free to make your own thread.

Oh and welcome!

Darth KazRick
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »

Thats a great way to go about things here, I've had plenty of bad experiences on hostile forums where people  dont help or they just insult for lack of knowledge.... I struck them in anger and have since plunged myself into the darkside.  Smiley

If you're not with me, then you're me enemy!!!

Dark side points!

Darth Munt
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 08:19:56 AM »

I dont know how it is in the forum because I have not used it enough yet.
However, I have used A LOT of forums for many years.

Telling someone to "use the search function" is usually accompanied with some kind of sarcastic remark or snide implication in my experience.
This is not helpful and can reflect badly on the forum itself, hence the Rule #1 that most forums, including this one, has.

Sometimes it is also not helpful for other reasons. As I have said I have used forums a lot and sometimes the search function is less than adequate. This leads to people searching and not finding what they are looking for even if the subject may have been discussed before.

If you can type the lines

"Why dont you use the search engine, thats what it is there for. Why else would there be a search function"

When it is just as easy to type

"there is a thread called "this is the thread title" if you type that you should find what you are looking for"

The latter suggestion makes a HUGE difference to your own reputation and the reputation of the forum.

MTDSBWY

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 11:08:09 AM »

In my experience, people here are really good about linking threads for people with questions...in fact, I see that happen far more often than pointing our the search function

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Lightray
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »

This thread sounds important to me in regards to all things lightsabers so I'll make sure to inform folks to use this.

Chris
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

As this forum is totally awesome I strongly encourage everybody to check it out.  I also have a ultrasaber review you can check out too!

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »

As this forum is totally awesome I strongly encourage everybody to check it out.  I also have a ultrasaber review you can check out too!

Welcome Chris! I see that this is your first post, so may I direct you to the rules thread first? Also, what saber do you have? I assume the review is on youtube since this is your first post here. You should (after reading and acknowledging the rules) post the link in the reviews section of the forum. Again though, WELCOME!!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Azriel95
Force Sensitive

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 12:14:04 AM »

I'm new here but I'm loving the site. So many cool sabers!

The Monkey King
Force Sensitive

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 08:48:06 PM »

Hello, I'm new here as well and don't really find the "search" all that helpful. For Example, I'm trying to post a pic attachment to show a fellow member something, I don't know how to do this, so I go to "search" to try and learn how. But, I get a vague answer " Click on the Modify Button " but if you don't were to find the  modify button  it's useless info. And I find that is the case with a lot of topics, instructions are useless if they're not concise. Just like with building cars or lightsabers, it's the little details that make the most impact.  And I still can't find the modify button.   

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 11:58:27 PM »

The modify button is used to modify a message that you've already posted within a certain time limit. It will be in the upper right of your posts.

To post pics, you upload the image to Photobucket (or some other sites, but I've never used any others) and copy-paste the IMG code (from the 'share media' option).

no

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »

My experience on this forum has always been positive, and anytime I have asked questions, I have always received prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable responses.  I am always happy to do the same for our newer members when I can.  I want to see this place grow to become the premier site for all things Star Wars, light saber, and anything remotely related (or in some cases, not even related). 

I have belonged to some online communities that were not so accommodating.  So, I appreciate the great place we have all made for ourselves here.

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

darthliam17
Force Sensitive

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 11:33:55 PM »

Thanks! This is a great feature. And Thank you Ultra Sabers for making such amazing sabers.
This is my first post and Im glad to be here.  Smiley

tokana
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »

ok

To'Kana
May the Force be with you.

A great student is what the teacher hopes to be.
~Jedi Proverb

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: