Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 205   Go Down
Author Topic: Quote This!!!  (Read 739943 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2015, 12:57:37 AM »

I knew Gimli said it to Elrond... maybe it was in the extended cuts, which I do have... or it stuck my head because I've read the books so often... I just knew it was from The Fellowship.

I actually know the extended cuts better than the theatrical cuts. It's never said in the movie. Oh well. Game on.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2015, 01:04:26 AM »

I must comment.....the object of this game is not to find something so obscure or literally meaningless within a movie as to completely stump everyone BUT, to offer some of the most "classic" and telling lines from movies that make them little gems of importance.  There has been only one line I have entered that truly stumped folks:  "It's not a party till something gets broken!"  St. Elmos Fire  Rob Lowe says it a very pivotol point in the movie.  Memorable, you betcha....classic, without question!  Let's try to stick to the more known movies and memorable quotes, shall we?  I think that will continue to keep this game rolling.  CHEERS! Grin

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2015, 02:20:23 AM »

No.

I wanted quotes only from movies to help limit the field. But I'll give you this one.

Okay, sorry and thanks. I'll be more careful about where my lines are from.

I must comment.....the object of this game is not to find something so obscure or literally meaningless within a movie as to completely stump everyone BUT, to offer some of the most "classic" and telling lines from movies that make them little gems of importance.  There has been only one line I have entered that truly stumped folks:  "It's not a party till something gets broken!"  St. Elmos Fire  Rob Lowe says it a very pivotol point in the movie.  Memorable, you betcha....classic, without question!  Let's try to stick to the more known movies and memorable quotes, shall we?  I think that will continue to keep this game rolling.  CHEERS! Grin

I wasn't trying to post an impossible one, just to do one that wouldn't get guessed in a couple hours like my other ones Tongue.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2015, 03:35:50 AM »

Ok, we're all in agreement. Now bborsi has the round. Go back and read it and guess.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #289 on: October 24, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »

Krull. Keeping with the theme (sort of)...

"If you are gonna name my... member, you have to name it something hyper masculine. Something like Spike, or Butch, or Krull the Warrior King!"

This is where my being outnumbered by women in my house is going to show... I'm 75% sure this is from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

bborsi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #290 on: October 24, 2015, 06:39:16 PM »

This is where my being outnumbered by women in my house is going to show... I'm 75% sure this is from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

You are absolutely correct JES

May the Force Be With You

Aeon LE (RGB)
Initiate LE v3 (BR)

Wishlist:
Prophecy V3
Archon V2.1
Raven
Graflex SE
Chosen One SE

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #291 on: October 24, 2015, 09:10:21 PM »

"I'll believe ya when me $h*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet. "

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #292 on: October 26, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »

"I'll believe ya when me $h*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet. "

Damn you, I know this one, but I can't brain this morning.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #293 on: October 26, 2015, 06:10:09 PM »

It's from Super Troopers.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2015, 08:34:11 PM »

It's from Super Troopers.

I think you're right. I think Farva says it.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2015, 09:33:19 PM »

No, it was O'Hagan, although I THINK Farva says it later as well, mockingly.

Anyway, now that I'm home from class and can come up with a new quote...

"You always knew.  'But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.' I assume you dream, Preston."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #296 on: October 26, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »

No, it was O'Hagan, although I THINK Farva says it later as well, mockingly.

Anyway, now that I'm home from class and can come up with a new quote...

"You always knew.  'But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.' I assume you dream, Preston."

Dude, you totally rrecycled this quote. Look to the early pages of this thread. Come to think of it, I answered that one too. Grin Tongue

Gramaton Cleric Erol Partridge,  Equilibrium.

"Listen you f###### fringe. If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f####### jacobs off."

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #297 on: October 26, 2015, 10:59:16 PM »

Dude, you totally rrecycled this quote. Look to the early pages of this thread. Come to think of it, I answered that one too. Grin Tongue

Gramaton Cleric Erol Partridge,  Equilibrium.

"Listen you f###### fringe. If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f####### jacobs off."

Not so, my sithy friend.  The earlier one was a different quote, same character and movie.

As for your new quote, I want to say Snatch?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #298 on: October 27, 2015, 08:52:56 PM »

Not so, my sithy friend.  The earlier one was a different quote, same character and movie.

As for your new quote, I want to say Snatch?

You are correct on both accounts. I went back and read this thread, we're not a very original bunch. Tongue Either that or we all just love multiple lines from the same movies.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #299 on: October 27, 2015, 09:10:13 PM »

You are correct on both accounts. I went back and read this thread, we're not a very original bunch. Tongue Either that or we all just love multiple lines from the same movies.

Alright, let's shift gears a little bit.

"It's a damn good thing you don't know how much he hates your guts."

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 205   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: