Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Lite Soundboard  (Read 56477 times)
Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 03:42:22 AM »

Thanks for clarifying the sabers in the video for me JEDIXIX.

I too have a collection of energizer nimh cells as well. I have a few arduino boards an older micro controller where they are recommended because of the steady discharge.

I have a stunt with li-ion setup. Just CG, not even tri and I got that setup just because I know it will get sound at some point. I hope they end up selling the lite as a part.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 04:27:06 AM »

Cool except I like options Sad

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 07:45:44 AM »

How much more better are the Energizer NiHm batts? Do they last long on a stunt saber and such? That's what I mostly have so. I heard they make the LEDs somewhat brighter too. Wondering on the special colors though like my Emerald Green saber

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 01:12:27 PM »

How much more better are the Energizer NiHm batts? Do they last long on a stunt saber and such? That's what I mostly have so. I heard they make the LEDs somewhat brighter too. Wondering on the special colors though like my Emerald Green saber

Well I like them Smiley . . . I have them in an Aeon v2 RGB and I find they last really well, and having the spare set of 4 always in the charger I just swap them over when they start to go, I don't wait till they go really dim, just when I notice it I'll swap them over . . . I also have a set in my lil boy's Initiate v2, and sometimes I get home from work and find his saber under the couch or somewhere switched on, lol, he's only 2yo, but at least I'm not spending a fortune on Alkaline batteries . . . If you're using your saber a lot, over time they would save you money on standard batteries . . .

I think they would be a fantastic option for an Obsidian LITE saber, but we'll need to wait till someone has one and uses these batteries to find out how long they'll last . . . Who wants to volunteer?  Cheesy

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 09:03:25 PM »

new options are always cool.

noticed all hilts can be ordered bare now too....just missing 1 certain emitter people want yet.   Cheesy

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »

just missing 1 certain emitter people want yet.   Cheesy

Which one?

Dea107
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 02:13:01 AM »

I agree that this is a great option.

I was thinking of picking up a new saber as a Christmas gift, and it is cool to see a lower price option.

BUT....then I realized that the $40.00 difference would be offset by the fact that I would also need to get a set of NiNm batteries and a charger (which I don't have), which will run me about $25 to $30. So the price difference (for me anyway) wouldn't be as significant.  Sure, I could throw some alkaline batteries in there....but I have no idea how long they would last, so that could get expensive fast.

The fact that the premimum sabers come with the charger and a set of Li batteries is pretty cool.

Decisions, decisions....

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »

Which one?

the Archon V3 emitter

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »

the Archon V3 emitter

Of course. (duh) Thanks.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »

I may need to send one of my stunts in for a "Lite" upgrade....

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »

Does anyone know what the runtime of the new obsidianlite is? I can usually get 40mins out of my obsidian v3.. I use the clash (but not flash) quite a bit, play fighting with my son.. I wondered if the obs lite with standard AAA's would last as long? I'm guessing not.. But I have no idea on electrics..

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 04:56:34 AM »

I've actually finally found a good set of batteries to use, standard wise anyway, they're Energizer but forget which ones. Kinda like the Duracell with the silver ring around them, power savers or whatever

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »

Does anyone know what the runtime of the new obsidianlite is? I can usually get 40mins out of my obsidian v3.. I use the clash (but not flash) quite a bit, play fighting with my son.. I wondered if the obs lite with standard AAA's would last as long? I'm guessing not.. But I have no idea on electrics..

I'm also curious if, without a buckpuck, if it intermittently stops or just cuts out.  (The latter is startling to me, but what I prefer.)

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 09:21:51 AM »

I'm also curious if, without a buckpuck, if it intermittently stops or just cuts out.  (The latter is startling to me, but what I prefer.)

Just got this from Emory!

" I get about a 90 minute runtime with most colors.  The nice thing is that because these are on Alkaline batteries you can most times turn the saber back on for a few minutes after it goes dead.  And the LED begins to dim slightly as the battery drains and then it just cuts off when they are dead."

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:20 PM »

I read somewhere, in one of the strings on the Obs Lite, questioning the configs with the Lite board (Li Ion, 4-cell, yadda, yadda)....I went to outfit a premium saber with the "Lite" board and this is what was posted:

"Li-Ion Setup is not an option on sabers equipped with the Obsidian Lite soundboard.  If you are interested in a Li-Ion battery setup please go for a saber equipped with Premium Sound."

When I went to choose the "battery setup" it would only allow for "standard", no other choices.  I may be preaching to the choir on this one(?) Undecided

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port