Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Academy: Tython  (Read 103349 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2018, 07:39:42 PM »

I have the same problem with that as I do putting Sith and Jedi holocrons together and knowing "everything".

A light saber, albeit a complex piece of technology, is still just that: technology. It's a piece of hardware that can be used by anyone.

Anyone can Still use a Lightsaber.  As evidenced by Grevious and Cad Bane and the Cyborgs Palpatine had made to replace Vader.  But really only the Bleeding part seemed to be added under Disney.  Remember the Episode of TCW where Ahsoka took the Padawans to Ilum, they couldn't even see the Crystals until they faced their fears or failings.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »

Anyone can Still use a Lightsaber.  As evidenced by Grevious and Cad Bane and the Cyborgs Palpatine had made to replace Vader.  But really only the Bleeding part seemed to be added under Disney.  Remember the Episode of TCW where Ahsoka took the Padawans to Ilum, they couldn't even see the Crystals until they faced their fears or failings.
I have so many issues with that arc it's not funny. I view that as the beginning of the end.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2018, 07:20:30 PM »

I didn't really like it either. I liked it in the '03 clone wars in episode one you see Barris Offee get a blue crystal from Ilum and all sorts of crystals are visible (including a whole lot of purple for some reason). That is what I always imagined the crystal choosing process to look like.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2018, 02:14:45 PM »

I didn't really like it either. I liked it in the '03 clone wars in episode one you see Barris Offee get a blue crystal from Ilum and all sorts of crystals are visible (including a whole lot of purple for some reason). That is what I always imagined the crystal choosing process to look like.
Exactly. I was more behind the idea that one meditated to find the "path" best suited to them; guardian, consular, sentinel, other. The Force would then guide them to the color affiliation. What always bugged me was why a consular master (Qui Gon) had a guardian padawan (Obi Wan). One would think that the most effective pairings would be like to like.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »

Exactly. I was more behind the idea that one meditated to find the "path" best suited to them; guardian, consular, sentinel, other. The Force would then guide them to the color affiliation. What always bugged me was why a consular master (Qui Gon) had a guardian padawan (Obi-Wan). One would think that the most effective pairings would be like to like.

exactly, and along those lines, sometimes Jedi that seemed like they should be guardians were actually Consulars, or the other way around. Kao Cen Darach and Ven Zallow in the old republic both had green sabers but they were battlemasters of the order, which I thought would be a job held by a guardian with a blue saber. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but the two I mentioned were excellent swordsmen, whereas most Consulars weren't the best swordmen around.

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2018, 03:11:47 PM »

See, I myself never liked the whole "Job dictated Saber color"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »

exactly, and along those lines, sometimes Jedi that seemed like they should be guardians were actually Consulars, or the other way around. Kao Cen Darach and Ven Zallow in the old republic both had green sabers but they were battlemasters of the order, which I thought would be a job held by a guardian with a blue saber. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but the two I mentioned were excellent swordsmen, whereas most Consulars weren't the best swordmen around.
I don't know much about Zallow beyond him getting thoroughly pwned by Malgus. But I do concur with your assessment of Darach.....unless the "sect" system of the Order is a much younger concept, and wasn't in play during that time period.

See, I myself never liked the whole "Job dictated Saber color"
From I read, it wasn't much a dictation, but rather done as an act of solidarity. Perhaps the reason Luke settled on a green blade was more due to Yoda training him more than Kenobi.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »

I don't know much about Zallow beyond him getting thoroughly pwned by Malgus. But I do concur with your assessment of Darach.....unless the "sect" system of the Order is a much younger concept, and wasn't in play during that time period.

From I read, it wasn't much a dictation, but rather done as an act of solidarity. Perhaps the reason Luke settled on a green blade was more due to Yoda training him more than Kenobi.
Zallow was Satile Shan's apprentice who became battlemaster of the order after her.

I really like that explanation of Luke's saber being green. I had always thought that that was just the color it came out to, kind of like his connection to the light let his Synthetic crystal become green instead of red.

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2018, 08:53:40 PM »

Zallow was Satile Shan's apprentice who became battlemaster of the order after her.

I really like that explanation of Luke's saber being green. I had always thought that that was just the color it came out to, kind of like his connection to the light let his Synthetic crystal become green instead of red.
So what happened to her? I thought she survived her encounter with Malgus.

As discussed this before....the real reason was for cinematic reasons: a green blade showed up better against the blue sky over Tatooine. Undecided
As for the color infusion of the synth crystal, I was taught that he took the time to infuse color into it. The natural red of the Sith synth crystals is from "It's crystal enough to build a saber and kill some mo-fos. Who cares about the color."

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2018, 11:20:01 PM »

As discussed this before....the real reason was for cinematic reasons: a green blade showed up better against the blue sky over Tatooine. Undecided
As for the color infusion of the synth crystal, I was taught that he took the time to infuse color into it. The natural red of the Sith synth crystals is from "It's crystal enough to build a saber and kill some mo-fos. Who cares about the color."

this was a long while later, and she had retired from being battlemaster as Zallow was more suited for the role.

I know, it was originally going to be blue but, as you said, green showed up better. although from what I read about in "The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi", the book was from Luke's perspective as he was building his Saber in Kenobi's hut, he stumbled upon Kenobi's journal, and the crystal just happened to be green after he had finished forging it.

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2018, 12:16:11 AM »

Satele Shan became Grandmaster of the Jedi Order and eventually retired.  She had one son (non force sensitive) with Jace Malcom...the trooper that tried to blow up Malgus.  She is also the descendant of Revan

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2018, 12:20:38 AM »

I have a LEGO Satele. Grin One of my favorite mini-figs I own.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2018, 01:30:14 AM »

Just look at her..so freaking badass.... but do we get her or Mara Jade...nope.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »

Just look at her..so freaking badass.... but do we get her or Mara Jade...nope.
And they scream that we're sexist because we don't like how mary sue Rey is  Roll Eyes

Give us back our strong and 3D female characters

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »

And they scream that we're sexist because we don't like how mary sue Rey is  Roll Eyes

Give us back our strong and 3D female characters

Even without the countless examples of beloved strong female characters from the EU...we haven't (just) loved Leia for 40 years because she looked great in the metal bikini.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: