Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Spoilers and Discussion Thread.  (Read 53909 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2016, 01:16:59 AM »

Didn't he reflect a blaster shot into him?

No.

From what I saw, he pretty much bisected him as an afterthought.

Yes, without looking, behind his back and overhead. It was pretty brutal. And I thought it was great!

It made the meme I put up in the meme section about him being back come to life.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2016, 04:30:47 PM »

Ah, but in space there are no other resistances to counteract, so as long as the HH can apply enough pressure to move it to begin with, the thrusters can keep applying more and more relative force to the ISD because the ISD is now in motion, and the relative forward velocity of the HH is being added to the ISD's momentum. It's like a merry go round. The first push to turn it is the hardest, but once you get it going, it takes less and less energy to move it faster.

True, but considering that the HH can easily fit into the engine cone of the ISD, and the ISD requires 3 of them to move with any decent amount of speed......

Thank you, you're the only one who got what I was saying when I said the OTHER new TIE design.  I meant the design that had the same basic "wing" design as the TIE/sk, but with continuity of the solar panel across the aft portion and the wedge shaped forward hull.  And what you suggest, that it was the transport that the Death Troopers got out of makes a ton of sense.  I actually found myself wondering, during my second watching (had to take my son, after all) just what they'd disembarked from.  For a fast moving, small team of spec ops type troopers, a fast TIE insertion ship makes a heck of a lot of sense.  Hope we see more details on it soon (looking at you, LEGO, in particular).

Also, another thing that I really liked seeing was the Death Troopers firing from prone, nestled into a crest of the beach sand.  Nice to see them fighting like they really mean it.

Tried finding what you're talking about. This was the best result

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »

True, but considering that the HH can easily fit into the engine cone of the ISD, and the ISD requires 3 of them to move with any decent amount of speed......
Tried finding what you're talking about. This was the best result

Yeah, I did a ton of searches, and it seems there are no pics of it (or even of the TIE/sk from movie footage, just toys and promo art) online yet.  Keep an eye out for what I described if you go see it again.  I distinctly remember at least one of them, in formation with other ships, seen flying over the beach.  The shot was from overhead, looking down.  There were one or two other sightings, too.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2016, 07:31:18 PM »

Yeah, I did a ton of searches, and it seems there are no pics of it (or even of the TIE/sk from movie footage, just toys and promo art) online yet.  Keep an eye out for what I described if you go see it again.  I distinctly remember at least one of them, in formation with other ships, seen flying over the beach.  The shot was from overhead, looking down.  There were one or two other sightings, too.

Was it this thing?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »

Was it this thing?

No.  Picture the TIE Striker from above, wings in the lower position.  Add a connecting portion of "solar panel" wing material across the top, connecting the rear portions of the "wings".  Flat, wedge shaped nose, actually kind of similar to the U-Wing's forward hull.  I got the impression it was larger, too.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2016, 09:51:01 PM »

No.  Picture the TIE Striker from above, wings in the lower position.  Add a connecting portion of "solar panel" wing material across the top, connecting the rear portions of the "wings".  Flat, wedge shaped nose, actually kind of similar to the U-Wing's forward hull.  I got the impression it was larger, too.

I know what you're talking about. I noticed it in my second viewing. Wookieepedia has a TIE aircraft labeled as "unidentified TIE transport." That's probably why we can't find any images.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2016, 11:05:20 PM »

Did anyone else notice the OTHER new TIE variant?  The one that looked very much like the TIE/striker, but had a flatter, wedge shaped front end and the two "wings" attached at the rear end by more solar panel material?

Please tell me I didn't imagine seeing a few of those at various points on Scarif.

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2016, 11:15:37 PM »

Bwahahahaha!  Vindication!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »

One thing that made the Vader Hallway scene feel real to me, aside from the use of Force powers and economy of movement, was when he first ignited the saber. It looked like the old rotoscoped style from ANH. Really brought me back.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2016, 05:10:48 PM »

One thing that made the Vader Hallway scene feel real to me, aside from the use of Force powers and economy of movement, was when he first ignited the saber. It looked like the old rotoscoped style from ANH. Really brought me back.

That image was so damn cool. I really need a HD screenshot of that image as my wallpaper or something.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2016, 06:09:18 PM »

Just watched it last night and opinion thus far . . .

I enjoyed it with some elements that I thought were fun and a few that were down right awesome, but not my favourite. Comparing both new movies I enjoyed TFA much more.

Overall I think we could've done without this story, something more unique or from the EU would've made a deeper impact for me.

As a SW fan I'll be adding this DVD to my collection.

Lastly - I didn't notice any region or planetary designation for Vaders layer - does anyone know if it was on Mustafar?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2016, 06:15:36 PM »

Word of God says it was on Mistafar. Makes sense too. It was the site of his greatest defeat, so the Emperor wants him there to remember and not let it happen again.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2016, 06:30:04 PM »

Creepy ... I like it.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »

Mustafar is hot enough to boil up the water in the bacta tank. Hot springs for Vader!  Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2016, 07:29:27 PM »

Word of God says it was on Mistafar. Makes sense too. It was the site of his greatest defeat, so the Emperor wants him there to remember and not let it happen again.
I guess that makes sense. But what on earth is supposed to keep him there? Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: