Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Reflecting blaster bolts  (Read 12876 times)
pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Brother of the Force: Neither Jedi nor Sith

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:07 PM »

Does baseball practice (and being hit on multiple occasions  Tongue) count?
Yes. But only the getting hit part. Cheesy

I've got my Ford, my Springfield, and now my UltraSaber. Life is good.

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »

That is a skill I want to train up to some degree. I have several nerf guns, and I've read that there are people who practise deflecting nerf darts, so that might have to be a part of my training when I can get a chance to practise it. I love your story about the curve ball! That's awesome.

Awesome idea! I will run that one by the hubby for play time, we might need to go shopping

Own:
Guardian Emerald with v4 sound
Phantom Initiate V4 - Stunt Sabre, Violet Amethyst
Grab Bag - Dominix v2, guardian blue

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 04:50:21 PM »

Just started deflecting Nerf Darts myself. I need something that can automatically do it rather than myself, or someone else though Sad

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

obliviondoll
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »

Just started deflecting Nerf Darts myself. I need something that can automatically do it rather than myself, or someone else though Sad

Search for "Nerf Terrascout" and "Nerf Terradrone". They're remote controlled, so rigging them to fire is probably a bit easier than other nerf guns.

V^^^V
It's not about rage, it's about *emotion*. Happiness is the Dark side, and I will face you with a smile.

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2017, 04:35:31 PM »

I think I'd have more fun as the person firing the Nerf Darts, though that could be related to the fact I have one of those "auto fire" blasters. Smiley

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2020, 12:21:11 PM »

Back in the early 2000s, they actually made a set that I bought one of. I still have it around. It was a plastic lightsaber and an imperial droid in a stand. The droid was about the size of a small basketball. When you turned it on, it tracked the lightsaber and shot foam discs in the general direction of whoever was carrying it. It would pivot around so you never knew if it was about to fire. I always found the best way to deal with it was to hold the saber at slightly less than a 45 degree angle across my center line. In made it so I could deflect by moving side to side or by dropping. I dare say foam discs are a lot easier to deflect than nerf bolts though.
I would kill to find something like that. Throw back Episode IV training sequence engaged. Entertaining, nostalgic, and perhaps a good workout. With everything drones are capable of (and the albeit illegal use in videos with handguns mounted) I'd like to see a modified one with a nerf gun firing on a timer. Great topic! May the Force Serve You Well.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2021, 03:51:37 AM »

Getting the Nerf darts is one thing. Finding someone to help you with that training is another.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2021, 04:17:09 AM »

Interesting topic. I suppose someone could build a sort of "Nerf Tower" with perhaps 9 different Neft guns arranged in a 3x3 array, and have them hooked up to something that can either fire in a pre-determined sequence (for almost a form type of exercise, or in a random order by a random number generator. Maybe a computer that is hooked up to something that can pull the triggers on the Nerf guns, with a different number corresponding to each Nerf gun.

The pre-determined sequence would be akin to what we see of Ezra and Ahsoka watching Anakin's doing essentially that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmaKSXWWq6A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmaKSXWWq6A</a>

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

TheCharlax
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2021, 09:13:01 AM »

There is seldom a shortage of friends and family who want to pelt me with nerf darts or balls, but should anyone find themselves oh-so alone, might I offer this as a solution?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1DYxfH8TBw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1DYxfH8TBw</a>

"Light and Dark are not paths: merely directions."

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2021, 09:29:44 PM »

There is seldom a shortage of friends and family who want to pelt me with nerf darts or balls, but should anyone find themselves oh-so alone, might I offer this as a solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1DYxfH8TBw#

Could we get one of those from an online shop?

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish

Light Side Favored.

TheCharlax
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2021, 04:58:43 AM »

Yes.  That one, or similar items can be purchased online for prices ranging from <$100 to >$1000.

"Light and Dark are not paths: merely directions."

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2021, 01:06:56 PM »

Sounds like a good investment.

Light Side Favored.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: