Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
Author Topic: The Movie Chat Thread  (Read 56796 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2017, 06:30:32 AM »

Just finished watching Deadpool.

Unpopular opinion: wasn't impressed. Best part of the movie was his girlfriend Vanessa. She's hot!!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2017, 06:39:00 AM »

Just finished watching Deadpool.

Unpopular opinion: wasn't impressed. Best part of the movie was his girlfriend Vanessa. She's hot!!
Way to boil a funny and violent movie all the way down to a single thing! However, I know a few (rare) people who didn't enjoy the movie. And that's fine. I actually remember seeing four people leave the cinema during the screening and not come back, they were that unimpressed.

However, having an unpopular opinion is just as valid as a popular one.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2017, 06:40:27 AM »

However, having an unpopular opinion is just as valid as a popular one.

That's right.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2017, 06:45:46 AM »

It had it's funny parts, alot of violence, swearing. Not bothered by that at all. Just kinda boring and to in your face, trying too hard. The jokes were forced alot, like premeditated, not spur of the moment. But when he forgot his bag of guns, I almost lost it laughing!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »

It had it's funny parts, alot of violence, swearing. Not bothered by that at all. Just kinda boring and to in your face, trying too hard. The jokes were forced alot, like premeditated, not spur of the moment. But when he forgot his bag of guns, I almost lost it laughing!
It's a fairly accurate translation of the character from the comics. Some people like it, some people didn't. Personally, not only was it one of the best comic book movies of 2016 but i think it's one of the best comic book movies ever, precisely because of all the OTT violence, excessive swearing and the jokes (which I felt flowed naturally). Since buying it on bluray I've seen it at least 10 times.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy it on the same level as everyone has, but these things happen. As I always say, movies are subjective. There are no right or wrong opinions.

*edit*
Sorry, I should have clarifiedL  having an unpopular opinion is just as valid as a popular one (once you're 18)  Wink Cheesy

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2017, 06:54:36 AM »

It's a fairly accurate translation of the character from the comics. Some people like it, some people didn't. Personally, not only was it one of the best comic book movies of 2016 but i think it's one of the best comic book movies ever, precisely because of all the OTT violence, excessive swearing and the jokes (which I felt flowed naturally). Since buying it on bluray I've seen it at least 10 times.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy it on the same level as everyone has, but these things happen. As I always say, movies are subjective. There are no right or wrong opinions.

Then again, I had a piss day, so I might not have been in the right mood. I went it mostly optimistic. I saw his girl Vanessa, and I was like "Oh, okay..Things are looking up!" But just eh.. I'll give it another shot another day when the blood is flowing better

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2017, 06:55:44 AM »

Then again, I had a piss day, so I might not have been in the right mood. I went it mostly optimistic. I saw his girl Vanessa, and I was like "Oh, okay..Things are looking up!" But just eh.. I'll give it another shot another day when the blood is flowing better
Yeah, definitely need to be in a good frame of mind before you watch it.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2017, 07:00:20 AM »

There really is no middle ground with Deadpool as a character..you like him or don't.  As Knox said, the film was quite faithful to the character.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »

There really is no middle ground with Deadpool as a character..you like him or don't.  As Knox said, the film was quite faithful to the character.
Much more so than his previous incarnation (which I'm so glad they took the p*ss out of in the movie).

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2017, 07:38:11 AM »

I think it's about time for a good Fantastic Four movie. And one where their origin story is correct, and their first villain isn't Dr. Doom.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2017, 07:46:23 AM »

I think it's about time for a good Fantastic Four movie. And one where their origin story is correct, and their first villain isn't Dr. Doom.
Everyone has been saying that for years. Unfortunately, as long as Fox owns the movie rights to the characters that will never happen. They've had three attempts so far and messed them all up. Until then, we still have The Incredibles, the closest we'll get to a great Fantastic Four movie for the time being

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »

Good Luck on that.  To be Honest, I never cared for the FF...its the Villains they bring to the table that make me wish they were in the MCU.  Doom and Galactus being the main two.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2017, 07:54:05 AM »

They do have some great villains. And Anit-heroes. Namor is one of them. I also really liked when Doom would team up with Namor or Silver Surfer.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »

They do have some great villains. And Anit-heroes. Namor is one of them. I also really liked when Doom would team up with Namor or Silver Surfer.

Funny enough, apparently Marvel has the film rights to Namor

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2017, 08:15:16 AM »

Funny enough, apparently Marvel has the film rights to Namor
But like with the hulk, I think Universal owns the distribution rights, which means we will never have a standalone Namor film, but he can appear in other people's movies.

Good Luck on that.  To be Honest, I never cared for the FF...its the Villains they bring to the table that make me wish they were in the MCU.  Doom and Galactus being the main two.
I think the FF could work in the MCU. However, I want them to get the rights back mainly for their villains - Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr Doom, The Skrulls, The Super Skrulls.....

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: