Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 184696 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #390 on: March 22, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »

I use them both based on whomever isn’t backed up with work. I vouch for both

https://tisurvival.com/products/titanium-knife-anodizing-services

http://www.fanaticedgeknives.com/services/
Pretty cool. Guess I didn't realize it was a big thing. But I should have.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »

The top knife is my back up to my every day carry. It's a Kershaw that I got a few years ago, not sure how exactly when.

The bottom, Gerber, is or should I say was my boys. A couple years ago I told him not to leave it out laying around. Well he did and picked it up. To this day he didn't even know it's missing, boys. But to be fair he had two of them, I guess that's why he didn't notice. I was waiting for him to say something about not being able to find it so I could talk to him. He never said anything LOL.

Sorry the pictures are not so great.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #392 on: March 22, 2019, 09:48:51 AM »

Very nice tx. Smiley

Kids eh?  Tongue

Speaking of Kershaw, a good friend of mine is gifting me an Entropy. Smiley  It'll arrive shortly.

It's modeled after this one:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ffyyf9HO6w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2019, 10:45:00 AM »

Very nice tx. Smiley

Kids eh?  Tongue

Speaking of Kershaw, a good friend of mine is gifting me an Entropy. Smiley  It'll arrive shortly.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Sharp looking knife, looking forward to seeing it.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #394 on: March 22, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »

Sharp looking knife, looking forward to seeing it.

Well it won't be that...lol  I wouldn't even want to know the price for that...lol

Kershaw's Entropy though.  That is a nice one.  An AFFORDABLE nice one...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #395 on: March 22, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »

Pretty cool. Guess I didn't realize it was a big thing. But I should have.

Customizing EDC knives are a big thing.  Just like others, I've customized everything from the pivot and scale screws to the scales and even pocket clip.  It's addicting but I also tune my knives so that they perform to my liking.

That's a nice Gerber Paraframe and that Kershaw Storm 1470 is really cool man! They don't make the Storm anymore since the Strom II 1475 is out so one would have to buy them on the used market.  Always been a fan of both of those knives.  

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Ooo, always been a fan of Rexford's work so I can't wait to see your new knife!  

Thinking about picking the ZT 0801 which is designed by Rexford as well

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOEtarvXyIo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOEtarvXyIo</a>

I'm also a fan of Rexford's Injection and Singularity knives that uses Mokuti

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #396 on: March 22, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »

Those custom Rexfords are bloody expensive! 

I am not a rich man...lol

Nice though - for sure. 

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #397 on: March 22, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »

I like that Gerber a lot. Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #398 on: March 22, 2019, 01:16:27 PM »

Those custom Rexfords are bloody expensive! 

I am not a rich man...lol

Nice though - for sure. 

No lie, they are expensive. His designs are upwards of 1k. I've seen them between $6500.00 to 10K USD.

I like that Gerber a lot. Smiley

There's a reason why the Paraframe is a popular knife. It's lightweight, minimalistic, and easy to use and clean which is a plus among EDC knives

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2019, 06:44:29 AM »

No lie, they are expensive. His designs are upwards of 1k. I've seen them between $6500.00 to 10K USD.
That. Is. Madness.

Buy a car!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2019, 01:53:48 PM »

I know right? I like his designs but not that bad... I'm happy with customizing my knives myself

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2019, 04:09:24 AM »

Texas Governor Gregg Abbot signed into law HB1935, effective September 1, 2017, which eliminated illegal knives and blade length restrictions on knives. We can now carry any kind of knife (or sword or spear) we want, whatever size blade we want, anywhere we want, except in protected areas, like schools, hospitals, churches, courthouses, bars, etc. There is no longer any such thing as an "illegal knife" in Texas, which was just ridiculous to begin with. Today, you can carry a Cold Steel Kukri down 6th Street if you want to. Further, the bill prohibits municipalities from superseding State law. Which means your local city cannot ban knives anymore, they must follow State law.

Needless to say, my blade collection grew quite a bit after September 2017 and I carry an OTF everywhere without fear of running afoul of any laws.

God Bless Texas

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2019, 05:02:46 AM »

Quick note on knife laws in Canada, there are none.  However if you are causing a threat to public safety albeit with a broom handle, shovel, frying pan or a knife then the law will step real quick.  Open or conceal carry wherever save for using some common sense with schools, establishments that serve alcohol etc.

And so, here's the beginnings of my knife collecting following in the foot steps of Infinit01, Rapine and Scifi.  We kinda held hands going down the hill at the same time lol.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOEV5UtEsmU&amp;t=314s&amp;list=PLDHzMBFHWNJ1rGIiSRTagtYzvR9vbwTg9&amp;index=2" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »

I think I can easily say that we'd all like to see some of them Ultra. Smiley

Yeah - nothing really in the way of restrictive laws in Canada (except autos, OTFs, and balisongs being prohibited), but the IMPORT practices are just idiotic. O_o

That Cold Steel is a nice knife Haz. They all are, but that's nice. Tongue

Drooling over this one lately: link
Out of my budget, but dang!

I've always wanted a Rick Hinderer design, but a lot of them are larger, or heavier (not disappear in the pocket so well).  This one though...(still around 5.5oz, but)

Plus - Zero Tolerance.  Ya - Hi.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2019, 12:20:03 PM »

Texas Governor Gregg Abbot signed into law HB1935, effective September 1, 2017, which eliminated illegal knives and blade length restrictions on knives. We can now carry any kind of knife (or sword or spear) we want, whatever size blade we want, anywhere we want, except in protected areas, like schools, hospitals, churches, courthouses, bars, etc. There is no longer any such thing as an "illegal knife" in Texas, which was just ridiculous to begin with. Today, you can carry a Cold Steel Kukri down 6th Street if you want to. Further, the bill prohibits municipalities from superseding State law. Which means your local city cannot ban knives anymore, they must follow State law.

Needless to say, my blade collection grew quite a bit after September 2017 and I carry an OTF everywhere without fear of running afoul of any laws.

God Bless Texas

Good find, Ultra!  I can now carry my Kabar in the public without any issue. 

And so, here's the beginnings of my knife collecting following in the foot steps of Infinit01, Rapine and Scifi.  We kinda held hands going down the hill at the same time lol.

Awesome knives you got there, Haz.  I like that Gerber, it's really nice looking

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: