Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: V2 Pommel question  (Read 4147 times)
RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 18

« on: February 27, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »

Are there any pommels that will fit a V2 saber? I want to leather wrap the handle section of my Aeon V2 but would like a more defined "shoulder"  for the leather wrap to sit flush against and also to make the tail end look a bit less plain.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »

Unfortunately the V2s are unique.  So far as I know the only parts that fit them are the end-caps and the V2 staff coupler.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »

Ok...looks like im gonna need to get "creative" with this thing...Home depot here I come.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »

Maybe check out this thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17790.0

It deals mostly with the emitter end of the saber but it might give you some ideas. You can do a ton of things with PVC pipe.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »

I believe there are some v2 pommels that work from TCSS (which I believe is legal to say here).  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

Let's put it THIS way... I HOPE the v2 pommels from TCSS fit because I just plunked down some cash for one to be powder coated (only for me to rough it up once I get it) as well as the O-Ring and insert.... Undecided

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 08:33:40 PM »

I believe there are some v2 pommels that work from TCSS (which I believe is legal to say here).  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

Let's put it THIS way... I HOPE the v2 pommels from TCSS fit because I just plunked down some cash for one to be powder coated (only for me to rough it up once I get it) as well as the O-Ring and insert.... Undecided

Let me know if that works because my plan was to get a TCSS pommel and bore it out so the V2 cap fit inside then welding them together with aluminum brazing rod...if they have one that fits it will save me a lot of work

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 09:00:25 PM »

The TCSS hilt system V2 pommel will fit your saber. There are not a lot to choose from but a couple nice ones.

If you don't find one you like they also have an adapter you can use that will allow a US pommel or a TCSS hilt system V1 pommel.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 02:28:11 PM »

The TCSS hilt system V2 pommel will fit your saber. There are not a lot to choose from but a couple nice ones.

If you don't find one you like they also have an adapter you can use that will allow a US pommel or a TCSS hilt system V1 pommel.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a V1 pommel and the V2 adaptor...they arrived today and.....the v2 threads dont fit in my V2 Aeon...Sad

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 05:48:46 PM »

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a V1 pommel and the V2 adaptor...they arrived today and.....the v2 threads dont fit in my V2 Aeon...Sad

(Thinking about the TCSS pommel he ordered) I have a bad feeling about this....

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 06:25:43 PM »

Maybe post a few links to the specific parts you got and we can try to figure it out.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 09:43:14 PM »

Now I feel bad. I have read it worked and that's why I posted it. I don't have any US V2 sabers. But all my V4 adverts work great with the TCSS V1 parts.

RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »

This is the part I got to screw into my hilt so it will accept a MHS V1

http://www.ultrasabers.com/Male-MHSV2-to-Female-MHSV1-Adapter-P931.aspx

This is the part with my Aeon LE V2 and its tail cap...

Here are the two parts together US on top TCSS on bottom....

And here is the part on my Aeon...

As you can see the outside diameter of the threads is 1-2mm too big and the thread pitch is slightly different... is there ANYTHING I can do to fit these together? If not its money and time wasted and I'll need to rethink my customization project...

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 12:07:57 AM »

US V2 pommel threads are 28tpi and 1.165 inches in diameter, easy enough to do if you have the equipment. If you don't it wound be pretty simple to get a machine shop to do the job for you.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 01:24:31 PM »

US V2 pommel threads are 28tpi and 1.165 inches in diameter, easy enough to do if you have the equipment. If you don't it wound be pretty simple to get a machine shop to do the job for you.

even if the threads are already cut on the part?

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 03:29:12 PM »

MHS v2 has NOTHING to do with US's v2 hilts. That having been said, my suggestion is find a PVC cap tat can slide over the end of the hilt and secure it with a set screw.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: