Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453497 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1950 on: March 15, 2021, 09:08:32 PM »

Hi there,

Thanks so much. It was about time I got my jabs as my regular health situation means I have a low immune system due to ongoing medication for a skin complaint.
Because of the pandemic I have only left my building 7 times in the past 13 months waiting to be called in for the jab!
Anyhoo, the sleep has made me feel a bit better - hopefully I will be better prepared for round 2!

Thanks again!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1951 on: March 21, 2021, 01:18:02 AM »

Hi Everybody,

I am still a little weakened from my vaccination earlier this week - I have this lingering tired feeling like you get with flu but luckily nothing more serious - and as it is Saturday that means it is new SPANNER day!

Yes today I have a spanner form the "Other Franchise" which I modelled after seeing it on Star Trek:Enterprise. The episode was the one where NX-01 flies into an unexpected minefield and a magnetic mine clamps onto the hull while an alien vessel appears and warns Enterprise to leave the area or be destroyed.
Well crewmember Trip Tucker has to go outside the ship to defuse or remove the mine but has difficulties. It was in this sequence I spotted the tool in question - the HyperSpanner

so this is what I modelled...

I added the 3D Starfleet badge pommel decoration and used it as a cutter to add the engraving near the emitter (this isn't the full Federation of Planets badge as the Fed hadn't been formed when Enterprise is set). The activation switches have 3d modelled text (so aren't just graphic textures) including On, Off and WP buttons - I imagined WP stood for "War Power" to give the saber a power boost for difficult situations (you know so you can scrape Klingons/Sith off the starboard bow  Grin)
And just as the real prop had in the show, this saber has a Dilithium crystal chamber in the sliding pommel - I had fun fun converting the Kyber receptors to accept Dilithium crystals....lots of sparks and bangs before I got it right!

Anyhoo, thanks for checking in on this slightly out of universe design. Hopefully I will have more new stuff coming in future posts.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1952 on: March 21, 2021, 01:25:44 AM »

Such HERRESY! Mixing SW and Star trek? How dare you?!?!

Just kidding, that's actually a bit funny to me. I saw the pic of that spanner and said "yep, lightsaber possibilities". Though much like their phasers I wonder if this lightsaber can be set to stun? That'd be one heck of an appealing design for Jedi, being able to seamlessly switch to non lethal settings... It's interesting for sure.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1953 on: March 21, 2021, 03:41:32 AM »

Such HERRESY! Mixing SW and Star trek? How dare you?!?!

Just kidding, that's actually a bit funny to me.

Hi DarthProdigal, I think I may be the only lightsaber designer that could get away with mixing the two franchises as I have done so in the past already. I created another design using "Other Guys" stuff which looked like an engine nacelle off the Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS series) but felt later I could do much better and I came up with a hilt for the Klingons and one half Klingon in particular - B'Elanna Torres.
I built a base hilt named Grethor and a special colour schemed version for B'Elanna, here they are:

I do my best not to upset the fandoms, by putting a lot of thought into each design so both factions can see common and pertinent details for each franchise.

Thanks as always for the comments, point incoming! Qapla'

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1954 on: March 22, 2021, 12:04:34 PM »

Great work, For!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1955 on: March 22, 2021, 03:48:16 PM »

Oh yeah, those Klingon weapons are worthy of a Sith... Always loved their culture. They'd have had some "fun" in SWU for sure. Well done!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1956 on: March 22, 2021, 05:58:18 PM »

Great work, For!
Oh yeah, those Klingon weapons are worthy of a Sith... Always loved their culture. They'd have had some "fun" in SWU for sure. Well done!

Hi Infinit and DarthProdigal, thanks guys. I enjoyed building these as I too really like the Klingon Empire and characters - I even bought the Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand (iirc) way back in the early 90's. It was during a stint of watching a season of Voyager that I got hooked on B'Elanna's story and figured I should make the hilt for her.
Again I had built one using "The Other Guys" system but I had to build a new one in Blender. This was one of my first hilts I made using complex, organic like, curved parts as the software I had access to before was limited (I also used SketchUp but that was geared towards architectural design than it was to lightsabers).

So thanks again and I'm glad you liked the Klingon Collection (if you scroll back far enough on my thread you will also find a Bat'Leth or two!) Points to both of you warriors!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1957 on: March 22, 2021, 11:14:26 PM »

I enjoyed building these as I too really like the Klingon Empire and characters - I even bought the Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand (iirc) way back in the early 90's. It was during a stint of watching a season of Voyager that I got hooked on B'Elanna's story and figured I should make the hilt for her.

I certainly can't fault you for that, if only jobs paid more for knowing nerd languages! I have learned more than I almost care to admit due to being immersed in the culture, having wild interest, or just wanting to understand what was said in real time without subtitles/at conventions. I will admit it's super fun a good way to "talk with your spouse/friends" around the kids and defeat their most earnest efforts to comprehend for sure, fun way to watch shows and movies and get subtleties even if they lack subtitles for specific conversations, or enjoy some video games! Yeah, if you could get Masters Degrees in obscure nerd sciences I'd probably be working on number 3 or higher... lmao.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1958 on: March 23, 2021, 10:36:40 PM »

I have now caught up on your new saber designs and a giving the due points! Dang this 1 hour wait....

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1959 on: March 23, 2021, 11:01:07 PM »

I have now caught up on your new saber designs and a giving the due points! Dang this 1 hour wait....

1 hour?  It’s 1 day for me.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1960 on: March 24, 2021, 01:47:43 AM »

1 hour?  It’s 1 day for me.

Hi Cyclops and MavRick, as far as I recall it is still one Force point per member/post per day (since we had that "Individual" that kept tampering with the totals).
But to be honest if you feel something I do or post is worthy then drop a point as and when you can. You have both shown your support for me on this forum for a long time so I appreciate each and every point - I also appreciate the kind words and critique even more! Thanks guys.

+1 to you both.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1961 on: March 30, 2021, 06:33:12 PM »

Hi DarthProdigal, I think I may be the only lightsaber designer that could get away with mixing the two franchises as I have done so in the past already. I created another design using "Other Guys" stuff which looked like an engine nacelle off the Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS series) but felt later I could do much better and I came up with a hilt for the Klingons and one half Klingon in particular - B'Elanna Torres.
I built a base hilt named Grethor and a special colour schemed version for B'Elanna, here they are:

I do my best not to upset the fandoms, by putting a lot of thought into each design so both factions can see common and pertinent details for each franchise.

Thanks as always for the comments, point incoming! Qapla'
As a fan of BOTH SW AND ST, this saber ABSOLUTELY appeals to me!!  I love how you've amalgamated the two fandoms, creating a fantastic crossover weapon, FT!  Keep them coming my friend  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1962 on: March 30, 2021, 07:35:13 PM »

As a fan of BOTH SW AND ST, this saber ABSOLUTELY appeals to me!!  I love how you've amalgamated the two fandoms, creating a fantastic crossover weapon, FT!  Keep them coming my friend  Smiley

Hello Dutch, I did think VERY carefully about this design so I didn't upset either fandom! The fact that the Klingons were so warrior based and had a "Samurai" look  with the armour I just felt they lent themselves to "needing" a lightsaber to go with the Bat'leth. In hindsight though I think I may have made this hilt slightly too short - maybe I need to revisit this and make a 1.5 - 2 hander version.
Thanks as always for the comment and I am still working on new stuff (inbetween my foam flinging target practice sessions  Wink ) Point back in return.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1963 on: March 30, 2021, 09:43:13 PM »

Your right, it is per day... Sad

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1964 on: April 17, 2021, 06:23:31 PM »

Hello Everybody, sorry it's been a while since I posted but I was commissioned to design a saber to commemorate "International Gerry Anderson Day" so was busy doing some high quality renders which took over my laptop (it can't multitask very well - bit like me Grin )

But I have a new concept based on my recent interest in Foam Dart flinging and Nerf. I came up with a saber hilt that could accomodate a 1inch chassis and decided to paint it in the colours of popular Nerf ranges and blasters. So here is my saber "Not-a-Nerf" painted as an N-Strike Elite Firestrike...

and here is a Firestrike...

Thanks for looking in and till next time stay safe...

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: