Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: Infinit’s Spinning corner  (Read 138167 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2018, 05:15:23 AM »

Hey Marine, what are you using for source material in terms of training? Are you getting stuff here on the forum, or somewhere else?

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2018, 06:21:10 AM »

Video 49 - Reverse Grip to a Flourish.

You know I love all your videos, but that one was extra smooth to me. I can see it all coming together. I think that was the most precise and most effortless I've seen you. When you do downward wield figure eights your forearm stays at 90 degrees from your body and your upward wield is right at shoulder height just like the front flourish. I don't know what Sam or other Master Level spinners would say about any of that, but it jumped out at me as making it look tighter and grabbing my attention more than usual. You've been putting in serious work and it shows.
I'm sure getting help from Sam doesn't hurt at all either. Wink

Thanks man.  Sam has been helping me quite bit with break down videos.  

Hey Marine, what are you using for source material in terms of training? Are you getting stuff here on the forum, or somewhere else?

Hey Marine, I used these training videos to get started by Darth Cephalus:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23125.0

Here's them all together in a sequence. I have a few warm up rounds and they look really good until I start to record, then I start messing up.... any how, here's a better video but still needs tweaking. I know I've been doing lots of dark recordings so I figured adding some sun shine into my video was needed.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqY0MNZbnGI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Non-dominant hand.  Awkward but need to get more practice with it in

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8l2hpgF2g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »

Just checked out all your most recent vids. Great stuff, bro. Smiley

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »

He's using me yelling at him on Skype lmao

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2018, 07:26:08 AM »

Just checked out all your most recent vids. Great stuff, bro. Smiley

Thanks SFD   Grin

You were yelling? I thought you were just excited.   Wink

DPM, I also had the likes of Master Elwood who got me started and now I have the honor of Samhain who has taken me under his wing.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »

HAHAHAHA!!!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2018, 04:55:18 PM »

Hey Marine, I used these training videos to get started by Darth Cephalus:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23125.0

Thanks killer Smiley I have some decent moves I've picked up, but I want to expand my repertoire. It's fun, it seems entertaining to other people and I think it helps justify and/or bring some legitimacy to investment in sabers.

You were yelling? I thought you were just excited.   Wink

Infinit01 - As Marines, you know that we can't really differentiate between the two Lol.

DPM, I also had the likes of Master Elwood who got me started and now I have the honor of Samhain who has taken me under his wing.

That's awesome. What I've seen so far is very impressive. This is a resource that I will certainly take advantage of.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »

Thanks killer Smiley I have some decent moves I've picked up, but I want to expand my repertoire. It's fun, it seems entertaining to other people and I think it helps justify and/or bring some legitimacy to investment in sabers.

Thanks man and I understand wanting to expand more. One will never be complete in that matter since in my opinion, there's always something to learn

Infinit01 - As Marines, you know that we can't really differentiate between the two Lol.

Oorah, the only difference is the height of the knife hand, the higher it is, the deeper the trouble...

That's awesome. What I've seen so far is very impressive. This is a resource that I will certainly take advantage of.

Thank you, I have great teachers and now a great mentor who isn't human (Samhain). The guy is a beast with sabers and staff alike.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »

...in my opinion, there's always something to learn

I agree 100%. That's the approach I have always taken with guitar, and many other things for that matter. You can never truly master anything, and there's always someone better.

Thank you, I have great teachers and now a great mentor who isn't human (Samhain).

What a great thing not to be unnecessarily hindered by the limitations of humanity Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2018, 10:24:47 PM »

I agree 100%. That's the approach I have always taken with guitar, and many other things for that matter. You can never truly master anything, and there's always someone better.

What a great thing not to be unnecessarily hindered by the limitations of humanity Smiley

Agreed completely my good man.

Fees good outside so out I go

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJrngCZCz8o&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2018, 04:21:39 PM »

Agreed completely my good man.

Fees good outside so out I go

! No longer available

Solid work, Infinite😊 your standard grip is looking awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2018, 08:17:45 PM »

Learning some new moves

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGE4cHpTizY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kR_sg_Yh5Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xV5fNro7-k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »

Really, really impressive. Props for keeping the saber drops in the last video. I think when you see someone make mistakes at first, it's that much more impressive when they get it down. And thank you for inspiring me to spin more again. Grin

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »

Very good work Infinit01!!  Looks like ur alot better off spinning outside than inside bro!! Not having anything hinder ur movement makes a huge difference!! Very impressive getting ur spins up yo!!!  Keep up the great spin work m8!! LgtSydPt

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »

Really, really impressive. Props for keeping the saber drops in the last video. I think when you see someone make mistakes at first, it's that much more impressive when they get it down. And thank you for inspiring me to spin more again. Grin

Thanks, DS.  I still have a lot of practicing to do since I just learned those and want to train the, on my left side as well.  I definitely make lots of mistakes and I’m not afraid to show them.

Very good work Infinit01!!  Looks like ur alot better off spinning outside than inside bro!! Not having anything hinder ur movement makes a huge difference!! Very impressive getting ur spins up yo!!!  Keep up the great spin work m8!! LgtSydPt

Thanks, Deca.  It was cold until the last couple days where the temp has gone up and after practicing outside I prefer it now but will practice inside if that’s all that I can do. 

Points to all!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: