Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: Infinit’s Spinning corner  (Read 139089 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2018, 03:14:26 PM »

See, the spinning is great, but, I really like the looks on your face when you’re clearly displeased with a move! Totally relate!!!! I’m over critical about my technique, and I bet it’s obvious when I’m not satisfied with a move. You’re style is becoming deep with individuality, and is smoother on the daily brother!!

Thanks Gumby and you have a good eye for things.  I take my spinning really seriously and I want to get close to perfecting it since I'll never be perfect and will also learn. With that said, any mistakes, I'm not happy with and strive to do my best.  Thanks brother. I look forward to seeing you spinning!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »

Got back last night and wanted to spend time with the padawan and wife so I took a day off from spinning due to working 12 + hours and driving another 4 home.  But this morning, I'm back in the office and back to my spins

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgeHCkC-SAs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Some saber tosses

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thFaAM-d3lU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »

Looking good, dude. I like the tosses a lot.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2018, 01:53:18 PM »

Looking good, dude. I like the tosses a lot.

Thank you, SFD.  Still a work in progress, trying to get into more challenging tosses

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2018, 06:33:19 PM »

Your aerials/tosses look great!
You're killin' it overall.
Thanks for constantly inspiring me to improve and sharing your progress everyday. I agree with Master Venturous. You are definitely the most dedicated spinner I've ever seen.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »

Your aerials/tosses look great!
You're killin' it overall.
Thanks for constantly inspiring me to improve and sharing your progress everyday. I agree with Master Venturous. You are definitely the most dedicated spinner I've ever seen.

Thanks, DS.  I've been working on them each time that I spin and will continue to do so since I'm always learning.  Thank you, that means a lot coming from you since you have been one of the first to really pushed me into spinning. I am deeply humbled by your words, Master Venturous' and everyone's who's followed my journey into this world that I regret not joining sooner.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2018, 02:21:33 AM »

The best part is spinning in costume at a con of some type. There's nothing quite like people admiring your saber and then finding out you can actually wield it.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »

So true, Master Venturous. One of my future goals is to be able to spin while in costume

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2018, 09:33:14 AM »

Awesomenezz my brother!!  Keep the momentum up!!! I've always practiced my spinning from time 2 time,  but sometimes I'm just worn out from work,  and literally don't have it in me!! Lately I've been spinning on a daily!!  I try 2 learn something new,  and then put time in before work and after to get a better feel and flow!! I usually have 10 min before work 2 practice,  and if I had a good flow and feel I step out the door feeling pretty satisfied,  but that doesn't happen everyday!! Alot of the times I leave dissatisfied about my skills,  which bothers me all day long!! During the day I'm thinking to myself I can't  wait to get 2 da crib 2 redeem myself!!!!

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2018, 06:33:03 PM »

Thanks, Deca!  I noticed that you have been practicing lately which is great and what I'm promoting through my thread and videos.  I notice that you're progressing along quite nicely as each video, you're getting better and better. That's what it's all about and you're your worse critic. I know that I am, I have lots of videos that I just delete to save space but remember where I made a mistake or should of tighten up a specific move or sequence.  Get in some spins whenever you can, that's what I do.  Before work, during break, at home, after working out, traveling, etc.  Every little spin session counts and you can never do too little in my opinion.   

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »

So I traveled out of town this past week and brought two sabers with me with the intention of spinning them as a staff but once I stopped at a rest stop to get a spin in, I realized that I left the coupler at home.  I did get some spins in minus one day but didn't do any staff spinning since last Sunday. So, I'm spinning the staff today

Just some freestyle spins with the staff.  Excuse the wind noise, it's pretty windy out

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34juK3aRwmM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Some tosses with my staff.  Figured I'd give this a try since it's the same as the single saber but with another staff at the end.  I went into the clock spin for some reason mid toss which was meant for another video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD37siG5cS0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »

Staff Halos from earlier

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8rFnAy4HQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Staff Clock spin.  Not bad on my right but my left side needs more work

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkowzxsgfqE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2018, 04:44:03 AM »

That's some great looking stuff, bro. I finally had a chance to get caught up on YouTube videos. Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »

That's some great looking stuff, bro. I finally had a chance to get caught up on YouTube videos. Smiley

Thanks SFD!  Glad to be home and being able to spin outside once again.  It feels so much better not being restricted by walls and a ceiling.  Glad you're able to catch up with YT videos Cheesy.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2018, 06:40:02 PM »

My wife's been sick since a little person with strep came home and was coughing all over the place while I was away.  I didn't get a chance to upload the rest of the videos from yesterday since I was taking care of her for the rest of the day so here they are.

Learning different toss height and how they feel, how the saber interacts and what I can and cannot do.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVYbdUY99Vw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Enjoying spinning outside once again with my single saber since I spent quite a bit of time with the staff most of the morning yesterday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbKv2pX1Ook" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

More normal and Reverse Grip Eclipses.  Separately, it's easy to do, but when you have to chain each move one after another with finger rolls to switch the grip, it gets a bit complicated especially when you're in motion with the spin.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6sLBGkHXc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

More Reverse Grip practice yesterday

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNFfRVyrNOs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: