Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: Infinit’s Spinning corner  (Read 139050 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2018, 07:42:43 PM »

Ya, I put the 36’s back on my staff and spent the whole session alternating between smacking the ground and my head. I do way better with the 24’s. Then, I only smack myself every five min or so. Looking good bubba. Keep up the fight.

Thanks brother. I typically use 32" which are a bit longer than I'm comfortable with but I haven't cut it down to 30" yet but the 24" blades are amazing with the staff. Especially with full size Sentinel V4s.  Thanks and you do the same, brother!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2018, 06:54:45 AM »

More AM flows this morning but with an illuminated saber once again.  Grin

I messed up a few moves but wanted to keep it in the video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCrl2LtH0hU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

I had to record another video after messing up

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-FAnolal4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Need to work on more leg work since I don't want to just stand in place but also move around

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_EGpgLGNQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #287 on: December 11, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »

Eh, movement is overrated. Tongue Also, I couldn't tell where you messed up in that first video. Though, in my defense, I have a cat distracting me. Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #288 on: December 11, 2018, 10:43:35 AM »

Eh, movement is overrated. Tongue Also, I couldn't tell where you messed up in that first video. Though, in my defense, I have a cat distracting me. Wink

Lol on the movement part.  At :051 and 1:52, I need mess up a bit, my movements were a bit awkward. 

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #289 on: December 11, 2018, 03:58:23 PM »

Lol on the movement part.  At :051 and 1:52, I need mess up a bit, my movements were a bit awkward. 

I probably didn't notice because my movements are always awkward. Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2018, 01:44:42 AM »

I probably didn't notice because my movements are always awkward. Wink

Fair enough, lol

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »

Working on movement and seeing how the direction of the spin changes dependent on how and where I move to.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuZ8V55MlX8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKROq6G6y6k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

I'm thoroughly enjoying this experience and seeing how the spin changes from one move to the next.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KllPfkGEvKk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2018, 01:40:07 PM »

Good stuff, bro. At the rate you seem to progress, you'll be dancing and spinning the saber at the same time soon. Wink

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2018, 04:26:11 PM »

Exactly what is takes to get better. Looking real good. I went back and watched a couple of your first vid's and then rewatched the last five. Big difference. Your moving smooth, and with much more confidence. Keep working on the movement. I would suggest learning Diamond footwork. Goes by many names, triangle, hourglass, etc etc.
I use a blend of Jun Fan, Diamond and Circle Stepping footwork personally.

I have a challenge for you. You should make the forum a progression video that shows Day 1 to Day ? ( at the rate your going, I say 365! So its a full one year progression. )

I always keep a log of training demo's, 99% of which never get posted. They are a library for me to criticize myself and work on technique. 

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2018, 04:44:09 PM »

Good stuff, bro. At the rate you seem to progress, you'll be dancing and spinning the saber at the same time soon. Wink

Thank you, SFD. This is one area that I've been wanting to tackle instead of just "standing in place"

Exactly what is takes to get better. Looking real good. I went back and watched a couple of your first vid's and then rewatched the last five. Big difference. Your moving smooth, and with much more confidence. Keep working on the movement. I would suggest learning Diamond footwork. Goes by many names, triangle, hourglass, etc etc.
I use a blend of Jun Fan, Diamond and Circle Stepping footwork personally.

I have a challenge for you. You should make the forum a progression video that shows Day 1 to Day ? ( at the rate your going, I say 365! So its a full one year progression. )

I always keep a log of training demo's, 99% of which never get posted. They are a library for me to criticize myself and work on technique. 

Hello there, Master Resolute. Thank you for checking my videos out and your kind words, that means a lot to me.  I will definitely check out the Diamond/traingle/hourglass foot work and will continue to practice this pattern.

I like to delete my training videos after I upload them and figure that I would share it to help promote this section and encourage others to spin.   Cheesy

Thank you again!

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »

nice work man! looks very smooth in the latest videos. I need to grab a 24" blade to practice with too, I keep smacking myself and or other objects

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »

I gladly accept this challenge, Master Resolute. I was just thinking the other day how I would look a year from when I first started.  Cheesy

nice work man! looks very smooth in the latest videos. I need to grab a 24" blade to practice with too, I keep smacking myself and or other objects

Thank you, DV! It's a great art to get into and highly addictive!  Try a 24" blade, you'll love it especially if you're spinning inside your house.

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »

Thank you, DV! It's a great art to get into and highly addictive!  Try a 24" blade, you'll love it especially if you're spinning inside your house.

I definitely need them for this staff, I can't do anything with this unless I'm outside - and then my neighbors are like what is this guy doing with a massive glow stick

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #298 on: December 12, 2018, 10:25:58 PM »

I definitely need them for this staff, I can't do anything with this unless I'm outside - and then my neighbors are like what is this guy doing with a massive glow stick

I had 32” blades for a temp staff set up before my Sentinel staff and the staff itself stood about 7 feet tall. The Sentinel staff with 24” is a little taller than me, about 6 feet or so and I’m 5’10 but it’s a perfect setup

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2018, 01:13:54 PM »

Doing more movments and adding strikes into the mix. Bear with me, I'm still getting a feel for both. I almost dropped my saber at the end

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrNXZZkdXBg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Had to redeem myself after the first video and made another.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLZCK4vcZ7g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: