Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsabers in trouble  (Read 14187 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2019, 08:10:17 PM »

Ok, now this would make sense since a synth crystal of a DS adept would have been forged by a malicious will. But simultaneously Luke's green crystal was synth as well, and then later in the comics he had a shoto with a red crystal.
You can sit with me.
I think the biggest reason why Disney gets thrown under the bus is because the timing of their acquisition of Lucasfilm coincides with the Star Wars purge and the subsequent age of suck. NTM, Disney has a long tenure of being associated with magic, and that is exactly the way the new canon is being sold: "We can't come up with a good plot or explanation of a plot device, so we're just going to label it as space magic."

For me, the more Mysticism the better, but I can see why their "Its magic" explanation would be irksome.  Indeed it does mesh with the mess of the lore they have made.  But, like I said, the Lore Decisions are being made by people that were making them 20 years ago.  They just can do what they want now.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2019, 01:37:39 PM »

For me, the more Mysticism the better, but I can see why their "Its magic" explanation would be irksome.  Indeed it does mesh with the mess of the lore they have made.  But, like I said, the Lore Decisions are being made by people that were making them 20 years ago.  They just can do what they want now.
Fortunately my Sith Lord is +20 doesn't-give-a-#@%& and casts middle finger of disapproval.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2019, 08:51:20 PM »

/snort

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2019, 10:21:31 PM »

<cringe> Quoting TLJ? How desperate are you?

Desperate? No. It just so happened that there was a quote from a SW movie that fit exactly what needed to be said, so I used it. I could've just as easily said "That is the most inaccurate statement I have ever read".

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2019, 01:31:42 AM »

I wouldn't mind the "SPACE MAGIC!!!!" thing if it was used OCCASIONALLY, but they're playing that card a bit too often, IMO.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2019, 06:42:44 AM »

Desperate? No. It just so happened that there was a quote from a SW movie that fit exactly what needed to be said, so I used it. I could've just as easily said "That is the most inaccurate statement I have ever read".
It also so happens to be from the worst and most pretentious SW movie to have ever been released. Why else do you think they had to use that awful line twice? But then I wouldn't expect you to understand why there is no right or wrong.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2019, 02:59:43 PM »

It also so happens to be from the worst and most pretentious SW movie to have ever been released. Why else do you think they had to use that awful line twice? But then I wouldn't expect you to understand why there is no right or wrong.

Its amazing how in three sentences I can both agree and disagree with you.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »

Its amazing how in three sentences I can both agree and disagree with you.
I'm good like that. Cool Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2019, 10:24:39 AM »

I do have to agree that the choreography in the throne room was horrible, but what bugged me most was that it looked like they plunked the chair down by the blue screen(or whatever colour they were using) and forgot to put in the digital walls. The whole thing was just annoying to look at and I would say it took me out of the moment but I found it hard to get into the moment with either of the new movies.

I may be mistaken, but I think i saw some behind the scenes footage that showed that being a practical set with no green/blue screen. I agree that whatever they did still looked super fake and dumb.

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2019, 10:51:55 AM »

I may be mistaken, but I think i saw some behind the scenes footage that showed that being a practical set with no green/blue screen. I agree that whatever they did still looked super fake and dumb.

It was using that solid red background...it really made the scene look fake

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2019, 11:43:34 AM »

It was using that solid red background...it really made the scene look fake
I thought the red were giant curtains, because after the fight there were huge windows. Only saw twice and really wasn't paying any attention.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »

I thought the red were giant curtains, because after the fight there were huge windows. Only saw twice and really wasn't paying any attention.

They were... Rey burned them when she threw one of the Guards burning weapons into them.  Should have not been a solid color though.  Some black or gold or purple would have fit and broken up the blandness

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2019, 12:53:46 PM »

They were... Rey burned them when she threw one of the Guards burning weapons into them.  Should have not been a solid color though.  Some black or gold or purple would have fit and broken up the blandness
Ladies and gentlemen, the future of Star Wars.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: