Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Child's Play Trailer  (Read 3681 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 11:49:30 PM »

Or a combination of the 2....  Chucky shouldn't have been able to move at all...sure Lee Ray put is soul into it...but it has no bones..no muscles.  He would have been just laying there.  But if they had it where it was an animatronic toy. Then things might have gotten interesting

True, but Chucky was also turning human which was why he started to bleed and he had a heart that had to be shot in order to kill him.  So it wasn't just the act of transferring one's soul into a doll with no bones.  It began to turn the doll into a living being

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 12:54:56 AM »

True, but Chucky was also turning human which was why he started to bleed and he had a heart that had to be shot in order to kill him.  So it wasn't just the act of transferring one's soul into a doll with no bones.  It began to turn the doll into a living being

Yea...that part was always off to me....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 05:37:32 PM »

I always found it amusing that people could accept a serial killer using voodoo to transfer his body into a doll but had issue with the fact the doll could move/bleed.  Cheesy Grin

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »

I always found it amusing that people could accept a serial killer using voodoo to transfer his body into a doll but had issue with the fact the doll could move/bleed.  Cheesy Grin

It maybe be, as I am from the south and not to far from Louisiana, I've made a study of the Supernatural and different sects of "Magic".  Academically of course.  Thing a lot of authors and filmmakers ignore is that "Magic" has rules.  Chucky break ALL of the rules.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »

Thing a lot of authors and filmmakers ignore is that "Magic" has rules.  Chucky break ALL of the rules.
Probably because it's a movie and not a documentary. Although, shouldn't that be "Magick"?

Seriously though, you sound like training to become a member of The Watcher's Council. Which would be AWESOME!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 06:26:45 PM »

This. Lol.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 07:55:42 PM »

Probably because it's a movie and not a documentary. Although, shouldn't that be "Magick"?

Seriously though, you sound like training to become a member of The Watcher's Council. Which would be AWESOME!

Eh, Magick was coined by Alistor Crowley to differentiate between performance magic and Occult Magic....  I don't really follow his views so I say Magic Tongue     I've always been of the mind if something is dangerous or could be dangerous...I want to know as much as I can about it.  How to defend against it, how to recognize its threat, its weakness etc.  Be it Human, Nature or Supernatural.  Because of that I have amassed a lot of (useless) knowledge.  So I tend to be critical of things others let go.  History, The Supernatural and Swordsmanship are the 3 biggest.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 01:24:54 AM »

I just enjoy watching movies. if they're good enough that it leads me to learn more about the "real world" subject, cool. If not, that's cool too. Movies are an artform and I view them as such. As long as they are true to the rules they create in that world, that's good enough for me.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 02:01:22 AM »

I just enjoy watching movies. if they're good enough that it leads me to learn more about the "real world" subject, cool. If not, that's cool too. Movies are an artform and I view them as such. As long as they are true to the rules they create in that world, that's good enough for me.
If they take the time to create rules sure..to often things are thrown in without thought or research.  Oh how many time I've heard film makers talk about 10 lb swords.  Since I already know about certain subjects in the real world...the mistakes are glaring.  As an artform it is subject to criticism and lack of research is one I can hurl at many books and films.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 02:07:06 AM »

If they take the time to create rules sure..to often things are thrown in without thought or research.  Oh how many time I've heard film makers talk about 10 lb swords.  Since I already know about certain subjects in the real world...the mistakes are glaring.  As an artform it is subject to criticism and lack of research is one I can hurl at many books and films.
That kind of stuff has never ever occurred to me when watching a film. Different mindsets, different approaches to movie watching.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 11:59:18 AM »

To me, that's why I love the movies that I watch. The director and actors/actresses, brings characters and universes to life that normally may not occur in reality. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »

Escape from reality and exploring new (and sometime ridiculous) possibilities. Telling a story and entertaining. Pushing the boundaries of imagination. "The magic of movies" is something I truly love and adore.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »

Escape from reality and exploring new (and sometime ridiculous) possibilities. Telling a story and entertaining. Pushing the boundaries of imagination. "The magic of movies" is something I truly love and adore.

Agreed. It's a form of an escape, allowing me dive into that world for the entire time that I'm watching. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: