Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Author Topic: POP! Stop  (Read 73032 times)
Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2020, 02:58:37 AM »

Hi all,
Paint some dark coloured chevron bands on his forehead and that Concept Chewie looks very much like Zeb Orrelius, the Lasat from Rebels.

Yeah, sure wouldn't be the first time they reused something later on, but if that's truly what the concept art for Chewie originally looked like then that's a good 37 years that they had that design on file somewhere. Definitely the longest amount of time I've come across for something like that.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2020, 03:20:27 AM »

Hi Saso Is-kor,

I have seen concept sketches by McQuarrie that make Chewie look like this Pop figure so they (Funko) did a good job. I remember reading too that there was a big issue about Chewie where certain executives wanted him to wear a loin cloth or shorts to cover himself just in case the audience thought he was naked!

I guess the adage is true, "Never throw anything away...it might come in useful one day"

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2020, 05:45:27 PM »

I guess the adage is true, "Never throw anything away...it might come in useful one day"

Nailed it  Grin

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »

Yep Zeb is straight up McQuarrie's chewie design.....it was absolutely on purpose.   Many of the design decisions in Rebels was based on McQuarrie's original art....Vader's mask and the skinny lightsabers as well.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »

I managed to snag this by random chance while ring shopping in the mall over the weekend.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2020, 10:02:54 PM »

I managed to snag this by random chance while ring shopping in the mall over the weekend.

Nice!
Ring shoping huh? If you're trying to get yourself a four finger ring that says "SITH" on it, I could maybe hook you up. Roll Eyes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »

Nice!
Ring shoping huh? If you're trying to get yourself a four finger ring that says "SITH" on it, I could maybe hook you up. Roll Eyes
I'm looking for something more along the line of the One Ring. Found one that was damn near perfect, but with the current price of gold....ugh.

(back on topic)

I got friends in dark places

Thanks for the hook-up. -1 (more to come)

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »

Point to you as well, Tepes. That was a seriously nice thing to do.

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2020, 08:43:48 PM »

I just managed to get the white one from my buddy. Not a bad pop i must say

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2020, 09:01:57 PM »

Point to you as well, Tepes. That was a seriously nice thing to do.
Just to be clear, he sold it to me for a very reasonable price. The gift came in the form of not scalping me.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2020, 03:49:28 AM »

Just to be clear, he sold it to me for a very reasonable price. The gift came in the form of not scalping me.

I would never in a million years scalp....I'm glad the collector communities are beginning to take major efforts to combat it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2020, 12:38:16 PM »

I would never in a million years scalp....I'm glad the collector communities are beginning to take major efforts to combat it.
Precisely. I have a couple of extras, but they're nothing to sing about. I'd easily be willing to part with for like $5-10 + free shipping.

Sig by For Tyeth

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2020, 04:55:30 PM »

I just managed to get the white one from my buddy. Not a bad pop i must say

one autograph I'd love to have.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2020, 05:44:50 PM »

Precisely. I have a couple of extras, but they're nothing to sing about. I'd easily be willing to part with for like $5-10 + free shipping.
Whatchya got? I have been trying to get a collection going for a few years. I just got my fifth one: The Child, 10 inch version. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Props to Tepes for hooking up others in the comunity. -1

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2020, 05:53:29 PM »

Whatchya got? I have been trying to get a collection going for a few years. I just got my fifth one: The Child, 10 inch version. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Props to Tepes for hooking up others in the comunity. -1
I have an extras of:

Yon Rogg from Capt. Marvel
I-Rok from Ready Player One

And then I have a couple of Overwatch POPs that are in less than pristine condition:

Widowmaker
Soldier 76

And then I have a freebie of Diesel (WWE) that I couldn't give 2 farts about.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: