Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: So, I wrote a thing...  (Read 3645 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« on: July 29, 2019, 04:50:11 AM »

A different way of looking at the lines of both the Jedi and Sith codes, without accounting for direct bias of the orders, or the surrounding ideologies.  I am open to thoughts, discussion, I only ask that if you can't be constructive, or polite, please don't be a drek head about it.  It's taken a lot for me to put this here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xLNpDuSM5greMQTxWi1KWXZHVdG-V-UDKbko4Y0ZRwk/edit?usp=sharing

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:00:42 AM »

BRAVO! Thank you for sharing that, Illyiss!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 11:14:08 AM »

Thank you for that, Illyiss.  I'll give it a read and will get back to you

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »

Saw that title, will be parsing through that later! Point!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 06:14:00 PM »

What the hell guys? READ IT!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 06:32:40 PM »

What the hell guys? READ IT!

I'm guessing they are at work or otherwise having to wait till later to give it attention.  I am glad you like it. Smiley

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »

I'm guessing they are at work or otherwise having to wait till later to give it attention.  I am glad you like it. Smiley

I really did. Smiley I'm just giving everyone a hard time today. But it all... mostly, comes from a loving place.
Seriously though, READ THIS you dorks! One love.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 08:23:14 PM »

Aye. still am for another hour  Tongue

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 09:09:00 PM »

-1 point to you for a very thought out interpretation of both codes and their meanings.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 09:23:44 PM »

-1 point to you for a very thought out interpretation of both codes and their meanings.

Thank you!  A +1 to you in return.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »

Any of you planning to, get a chance to read through yet?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 11:16:22 PM »

Any of you planning to, get a chance to read through yet?

I've read through it once, but will need to re-read it to really delve into some of the ideas, I like the concepts combined here e.g. avoiding a peace/emotion dichotomy as over focus on one produces a dissonance, speaks to an idea of a dynamic equilibrium in my mind, no one can ever be perfectly balanced/free of dissonance as you talk about in the passion/serentiy section "serenity is not a place one can dwell within indefinitely, as the longer we neglect our passions, the more dissonance and dissatisfaction enter into our minds, hearts, our spirits."

Will certainly get more into it when i have more time to re-read but i like your overall approach here, and you make some very thought provoking points.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 03:54:13 AM »

I've read through it once, but will need to re-read it to really delve into some of the ideas, I like the concepts combined here e.g. avoiding a peace/emotion dichotomy as over focus on one produces a dissonance, speaks to an idea of a dynamic equilibrium in my mind, no one can ever be perfectly balanced/free of dissonance as you talk about in the passion/serentiy section "serenity is not a place one can dwell within indefinitely, as the longer we neglect our passions, the more dissonance and dissatisfaction enter into our minds, hearts, our spirits."

Will certainly get more into it when i have more time to re-read but i like your overall approach here, and you make some very thought provoking points.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing your further thoughts on this. Smiley  Point.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 04:19:17 AM »

Well said. All I could say was "bravo". I'm jealous of you writer types and your ability to break things down the way you do. Thanks for expressing what I was feeling about this piece. Point.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 03:46:32 PM »

Eloquent as always, Illyiss.

As LSG pointed out, the dichotomy between the Jedi and Sith is one of the reasons that I felt that the Gray Jedi were an interesting synthesis, both as an example of such and the fact that (even despite that synthesis), the Gray also fall prey to some of the same problems that infect both Light- and Dark-Side ideologies.  Consequently, ALL of it--ESPECIALLY Illyiss' points--makes for excellent storytelling  Smiley

By-the-by, here's an example of the Gray Code (admittedly, there are many but this one is my favorite):

Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see
There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death
The Force is all things and I am the Force

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: