Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: dominix le v4 vs dark sentinel le v4  (Read 4343 times)
cptraph
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: September 15, 2020, 12:24:43 PM »

im having a hard time choosing which ultrasabers product i want so i would like other peoples opinions on which one they prefer the dominix le v4 or the dark sentinel le v4 which one would most of you people prefer

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 12:43:59 PM »

If you are more interested in aesthetics, I'd go with the Dominix. It's got more curvy bits and the windows seem more impressive.

If you want more functionality, I'd go for the Dark Sentinel. It has a better upper choke for spinning that is farther from the windows.

That's not to say the Dark Sentinel isn't pretty or the Dominix isn't functional but if I had to choose in those categories, one is better than the other and vice versa.

But if I had to choose between either, I'd go with the Dominix.

-

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 01:50:37 PM »

seconded - Dominix LE v4

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 01:56:52 PM »

Going solely by looks, the Dominix gets my vote, but I can see how the Dark Sentinel would make for a great stunt saber.  Say you were making a fan film and your scenes did not focus on the hilt you were holding,  all the attention was on the clashing blades - that's where the DS would be great for.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »

I prefer Aeon V4s (light for Dominix) when using as a single saber and Sentinal V4s when using a staff. I have both and the grip spacings  just seem to fit better for those applications. Both were ordered as staffs but I haven't put the Aeons back together for years but I only separate the Sentinels for others to use when I need to share a few extras. I only use them in staff configuration. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 05:27:25 PM »

This isn't the best side-by-side picture, but it has a Dar Sentinel V4 LE (far right) next to a Dominix V4 (second from right) and also a Dominix LE V4 (second from  left) for comparison.   (For reference, the center hilt is an Aeon V4 painted in what I called "Reverse LE" colors, and the far left hilt is a Dark Apprentice V4 LE.)   Note: All three have Renegade LE pommels for a little extra length and pommel heft, and because I like that pommel.   LOL

On the side-by-side, you can see the difference in the choke points that Galef pointed out.   I personally find both hilts to be very comfortable to wield, and in all honestly one of my favorite Aeon V4s doesn't have windows as I tend to use that front choke as my grip point/spin point.  You can do this with the windows as well, but it is wise to take a bit of sand paper or an emory board to the edges of the windows to take the sharp edge off.

There is no need to do this with the Dk. Sentinel V4, of course.  It is amazingly comfortable to wield out-of-the-box.   But the actual difference is not really large and I have always liked the look of the Dominix LE V4 much better.  Especially with a premium pommel upgrade.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 08:45:12 PM »

Meanwhile, I actually prefer the Dark Sentinel  Smiley  Here's a pic of my own Dark Sentinel (with my personal favorite, my Archon v3.1  Wink):

Either way, you can't go wrong with either hilt as both sabers are fantastic!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

lowlead
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -38

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 10:00:28 PM »

...(For reference, the center hilt is an Aeon V4 painted in what I called "Reverse LE" colors, and the far left hilt is a Dark Apprentice V4 LE.)   Note: All three have Renegade LE pommels for a little extra length and pommel heft, and because I like that pommel...

That 'reverse Aeon' looks really good - same with the Renegade pommels.  To the OP, perhaps either hilt with an alternate MHS pommel might be the answer from an aesthetic POV, as I don't actively duel with them.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 10:30:15 PM »

im having a hard time choosing which ultrasabers product i want so i would like other peoples opinions on which one they prefer the dominix le v4 or the dark sentinel le v4 which one would most of you people prefer

Personally I think the Sentinel V5 is a big aesthetic step up from the V4, and its the same price!  My Dark Sentinel V5 is one of my favorite sabers!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpUww5Cdp0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpUww5Cdp0</a>

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 10:52:55 PM »

Just for comparison, here are some side-by-side shots of a Dark Sentinel V4 LE and a Dark Sentinel V5 LE....

Close-up of the grip section:

Windows lit - the biggest difference.   Note: That larger window section also needs the emory board treatment to round off the edges for handling purposes....

Choke-point close-up

Even closer....

And a "beauty" shot, next to my Dominix V3.   Note: I put a Dark War Glaive pommel on mine, again to balance the aesthetic and give it a bit better balance and more flare...

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 11:46:14 PM »

Just for comparison, here are some side-by-side shots of a Dark Sentinel V4 LE and a Dark Sentinel V5 LE....

Windows lit - the biggest difference.   Note: That larger window section also needs the emory board treatment to round off the edges for handling purposes....

Choke-point close-up

Even closer....

And a "beauty" shot, next to my Dominix V3.   Note: I put a Dark War Glaive pommel on mine, again to balance the aesthetic and give it a bit better balance and more flare...

Thanks for saving me the trouble... I was about to get my sabers out to make the same comparisons!

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 01:05:09 AM »

Choke-point close-up

Even closer....

These are awesome, Karm!

Not only the pics but also the comparisons  Smiley

Funny enough, the last raffle I entered I purchased the Sentinel v5 LE, GB blade for me and my wife picked out a beauty of an Aeon v3 with VA blade!

Well now I know beyond any doubt what D'Aylanna's lightsaber looks like  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 06:57:02 AM »

I'm a big fan of the Aeon/Dominix v4.
To me they feel a bit more friendly then the Sentinels.
Love the chokepoints, balancing and with a little tweaking there either perfect for spinning or sparring.

Don't have them here, otherwise I would have made a little side by site between the Sentinel and Aeon like Karmack did with his Sentinels. Maybe later this day.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 09:11:42 PM »

The Sentinel v4 is the better one IMO. It is the more comfortable saber to wield by far. I don't like the way that the upper choke point is on the dominix as it drops off sharp. The Sentinel v4 wins for me hands down.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 03:18:20 PM »

These are awesome, Karm!

Not only the pics but also the comparisons  Smiley

Funny enough, the last raffle I entered I purchased the Sentinel v5 LE, GB blade for me and my wife picked out a beauty of an Aeon v3 with VA blade!

Well now I know beyond any doubt what D'Aylanna's lightsaber looks like  Cheesy

LOL

I may need to tweak the descriptions of Arnor's blade as well, as my wife wields a Dark Catalyst with a hot pink blade.   :-)   But maybe not...    LOL

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: