Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Hilt Measurements (Lengths & Widths)  (Read 105458 times)
John-Michael
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 45

« on: January 23, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »

I read through all the saber descriptions and not all of them have hilt lengths.  I tried using the search function, and could not find a single thread with a complete list of ultrasaber hilt lengths.  

I'm willing to edit this post to compile an exhaustive list of ultrasaber hilt lengths.  All I need is for ultrasaber owners to post hilt length and diameter measurements of the hilts they own.

Here's what I have so far (these measurements are with standard pommels, emitters, etc. and unless noted, do not reflect RGB-modified measurements):

Initiate v2/Dark Initiate v2 and LE versions: somewhere between 8.75 and 9 inches long, 1.25 inches wide

Initiate v3/Dark Initiate v3 and LE versions:  9.5 inches long, 1.45 inches wide

Dominix v2/Aeon and LE versions:  somewhere between 11.75 and 12 inches long, 1.25 inches wide

Standard Issue Battle Saber and Dark, Red & Blue versions:  12.25 inches long, 1.28 inches wide

Dominix v3/Aeon v3:  12.25 inches long, 1.45 inches wide

Standard Issue Battle Saber v3:  12.25 inches long, 1.48 inches wide

Liberator/Dark Liberator/Red Liberator/Blue Liberator:  I do not know if these are actually the Liberator v2's because they are simply labeled "Liberator."

Liberator v2:  11.5 inches long, 1.25 inches wide

Liberator v3/Dark Liberator v3:  11.625 inches long, 1.42 inches wide

Prophecy/Dark Prophecy/Collector's Edition Prophecy/Dark Prophecy LE:  10.5 inches long, 1.45 inches wide (at widest point)

Prophecy v3/Dark Prophecy v3:  11 inches long, 1.45 inches wide (at widest point)

Bellicose:  13.5" long from pommel to emitter tip

Shock/ Shock LE/Dark Shock:  11.0625"

Overlord:  12.25 inches long  (RGB version is 13.5 inches long)

Arbiter/Dark Arbiter:  14 inches long and 1.450 inches wide

Bane: 13 inches long (RGB version 15 inches long)

War Glaive/Dark War Glaive:  13.0625" without claws, 15.5" with claws

Consular:  12 inches long

Archon v2:  11 inches long when assembled (11.375 inches long including the neck)

Catalyst/Dark Catalyst:  12.5 inches long from pommel to tip of emitter

Raven:  13.25" without claws, 19" with claws

Guardian:  13 inches long and 1.5 inches wide

Anakin Skywalker ROTS UltraFX:  ?

Darth Maul UltraFX single hilt:  ?

Darth Vader ANH UltraFX:  ?

I'll edit this list as soon as I get more information from people posting in this thread or from further research on my part.  I hope you find this information useful in making your ultrasabers shopping decisions!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:43:13 AM by Nero Attoru » Logged

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »

Very nice initiative! This will be a great guide for someone like me who can't decide due to measurement questions.

Light side points given Smiley

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »

Ok, this is kind of relating to your post. but a little more specific measurement.  like the distance between the emitter and the power switch. I like to hold the saber up close to the blade.
 but I have bear-paws..5in from pinky to forefinger. I'd like to make sure that i can grab the weapon and not have my fingers rubbing against the power switch. LoL  So, if anyone can toss some numbers on these that'd be awesome !  The Dark Standard Issue and the Aeon are the ones I'm concerned about atm. 

Thanx and sorry if I jacked the thread !  Grin

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »

Maybe a good way to show everyone not just how long a saber hilt is, but answer all those "how long is it from this part to that part" questions is to start a photo collection showing each saber with a ruler or measuring tape above and below the saber, each facing opposite directions.  Hard to visualize, but I'm at work (working hard obviously) so I'm gonna do some good ol'fashioned ASCII art as an example.   When I get home I'll post a pic with my Overlord (doin this now so I don't forget) and you guys can say if it's helpful or not.

Remember, tape on top, saber in the middle and another tape below:

0_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8
      [))))))]####(
_6_5_4_3_2_1_0

Or maybe I'm just completely crazy and should call it a day.   Tongue

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:50:52 AM »

Okay, so my plan failed - maybe I need bigger rulers, but I just couldn't get the perspective right anyway, so blah.  Here's my best shot followed by something I hope to redeem myself with.   Wink

I always had trouble visualizing the actual girth of a saber hilt so I took this of my Overlord pommel with some visual references - for my American friends, a Canadian quarter is the same size as a US one.   Grin

Hopefully that helps... someone.   Tongue

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

beeflomein
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »

darth maul (single blade) 10.25 inches long
mace windu 11 inches

John-Michael
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:15:29 AM »

Apparently, I cannot modify my own original post in this thread, so perhaps the moderators can do it as required?

Thanks in advance to everyone who contributed so far as well as to the moderators who take the time to edit the original post to reflect updated and additional information. Light Side Points given to everyone!

If I erred in giving you light side points, please PM me and I will do my best to rectify the error.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:20:25 AM by John-Michael » Logged

John-Michael
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:22:29 AM »

Edit: I gave Light Side points to everyone except CZ3RO, to whom I gave Dark Side points to.  Sorry for the extra post, I couldn't edit my own post.

John-Michael
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »

Very nice initiative! This will be a great guide for someone like me who can't decide due to measurement questions.

Light side points given Smiley
Thanks, qroon!  Light Side Points back at ya!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »

@John-Michael - All three Shocks (Normal, Dark and LE.) are, 11 1/16".

Both War Glaive withou claws is 13 1/16". With claws it is 15 1/2".

Raven without claws is 13 1/4", with claws it rest a nanometer under a flat 19".

I think other than the FX ones, your list has rounded itself out buddy. Grin
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:41:12 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 12:09:22 AM »

I set this topic sticky, figured it's always useful to be able to compare these kinds of measurements on a hilt.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 01:48:31 AM »

I set this topic sticky, figured it's always useful to be able to compare these kinds of measurements on a hilt.

Could you also edit it (when you have a moment) with the lengths I posted so that John-Michael's list "Will be Complete." Grin

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 03:43:33 AM »

Could you also edit it (when you have a moment) with the lengths I posted so that John-Michael's list "Will be Complete." Grin

Done Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:01 AM »

Done Smiley

Thank you Master.

I believe John now has a complete list (Except for FX, though Vex I think will be able to comment more soon.) which earns you all a point. Grin

John-Michael
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »

Thanks, Kham and Nero!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: