Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Comparisons- Pyrestone, Fire Orange, Sentinel Yellow  (Read 30641 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »

I totally need Pyrestone.  I'm thinking I might get it on a Dark Prophecy...

That would look Tasty.

IDK who it is around here that has two of them but I remember seeing a review of them.

I think he added claws to them.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Malkhara
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »

That would look Tasty.

IDK who it is around here that has two of them but I remember seeing a review of them.

I think he added claws to them.

Darkhorse V

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1306.0

These are epic

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 05:02:09 PM »

Yeah I won't lie, that was kinda my inspiration.  The Prophecy just looks so cool anodized, and with that deep orange on it... awesome.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »

Yeah I won't lie, that was kinda my inspiration.  The Prophecy just looks so cool anodized, and with that deep orange on it... awesome.

These were why I put a claw on my BR Dominix.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Malkhara
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »

I was thinking maybe a pair of clawed silver Prophecies in consular green / av / FO foc, ala Kalibos inspired ones.  Those might make a good pair of Talons to go with my Fang.

NavyGodzilla
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 12:31:41 AM »

My PO Phantasm will be arriving Tuesday/Wednsday along with a FO grab bag.  Can't wait to see how different they are in person.

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 12:34:57 AM »

My PO Phantasm will be arriving Tuesday/Wednsday along with a FO grab bag.  Can't wait to see how different they are in person.

Very different; you're in for a good day when they show up.

One is very meditative flame the other is destructive lava. Grin

Enjoy.

NavyGodzilla
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 12:43:44 AM »

Is PO the lava?  That's what I am hoping for with the staff, though if it is FO it will be easy enough to just order a coupler and mate.  I'm hoping to grab some pics at night in my country side to help in these kinds of threads.

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 01:35:39 AM »

Is PO the lava?  That's what I am hoping for with the staff, though if it is FO it will be easy enough to just order a coupler and mate.  I'm hoping to grab some pics at night in my country side to help in these kinds of threads.

Lava or Nacho Cheese Dorritos, as Manroon so eloquently puts it. Grin

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 09:17:11 PM »

Sorry, I'm a little late to the SY party, and yes I've posted this pic before - I just wanted a chance to post this right below Kham's sig...  I think the colour is pretty close.

My SY is has some gold in it, but it's by no means a "warm" yellow (which is perfect for me, I wanted an intense 'cold' yellow for my Sith).  It's also not as pale in real life as it often looks in photos.  As SY lovers have all said before - don't let the pics fool you into thinking SY is "yellowy-white".  Smiley

It's also been said you can request Ultra and team to 'tune' your yellow to be more or less on the gold side in the comments box.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »

Dude if your saber had a white core it would look just like my sig.

Point for perfect timing.

Malkhara
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:40 AM »

Sorry, I'm a little late to the SY party, and yes I've posted this pic before - I just wanted a chance to post this right below Kham's sig...  I think the colour is pretty close.

My SY is has some gold in it, but it's by no means a "warm" yellow (which is perfect for me, I wanted an intense 'cold' yellow for my Sith).  It's also not as pale in real life as it often looks in photos.  As SY lovers have all said before - don't let the pics fool you into thinking SY is "yellowy-white".  Smiley

It's also been said you can request Ultra and team to 'tune' your yellow to be more or less on the gold side in the comments box.

That is an awesome capture of Sentinel Yellow.  Kudos to the photographer on that one. 

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »

SY tends to get washed out in pics, but it really is a true golden color.

IMO the yellow glow on the ground here is fairly representative of my own SY saber:

Xanedan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 49

Photography Geek

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »

After about 200 shots experimenting with different camera settings, I've finally found an image that is almost a 100% match to my SY saber.  Bonus near 100% match of DVA too, for anyone interested.

Initiate V2 - SY, Dark Initiate V2 - DVA
Initiate V3 - SY, Dark Initiate V3 - DVA
SS Raven, Dark War Consular, Dark Prophecy V3

ZequarX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »

Yay, for PO!

I think getting a Consular w/ PO would be wicked! Especially if I took the shroud off and had just an all black handle.... TASTY!

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

Light side points, please Smiley

"Dude I've been trying to get a hold of you all day."
"Oh, I'm sorry man, I was puttin up my Christmas tree!"
"Dude... it's July."
"Get the eff outta here?!?!"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: