Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Author Topic: A note on shipping to CANADIAN customers  (Read 62148 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2015, 05:38:31 PM »

I would be prepared to have an extra $20.00 in bills and some change for exact pmt. if you don't have a FedEx account.  $10 for advancement fee and then GST/Provincial tax.  If you have an account you are usually billed via mail.  If you have a working FedEx account, the advancement fee can be waivered and just the taxes to be paid.

EDIT:  Missed your last post.  Glad everything worked out.  Enjoy your saber(s).

Luke-Skywalker
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2015, 01:47:45 AM »

I noticed today that Ultra Sabers doesn't offer USPS anymore to Canadian orders and offers FedEx eco or priority. Curios to people in Canada order experience with the two as im getting ready to order my first Saber. With the Canadian dollar at around $0.75 American im not looking forward to the overall bill (about $650.00 Canadian) and if I get dinged tax or brokerage fees ima flip.

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2015, 12:43:44 AM »

I have not paid tax or brokerage yet on 4 orders.  The first was usps, the other three fedex... As per d7's post there is that small fee at the door but if you have an acct (free) the fee is waived.  I can't wait to order a couple staff's but I have to sell my old home first... And will still wait for a sale...  The exchange kills...

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2016, 04:38:56 PM »

My US is arriving today in ontario(I live outside Ottawa near Pembroke) and fedex phoned me and the customs fee was $19.85 for a US and a free initiate US worth $385 USD

Drexx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2016, 08:03:11 PM »

Ordered my very first saber. I ordered it on April 29  (Friday) opt for the (FedEx Economy Shipping $33) and received it today on May 4th! (Wednesday) I thought I read somewhere that US doesn't work on weekends but holy moly you guys made my saber with blazing fast speeds. Props to the saber smith who made it. FedEx called me on Tuesday asking how I would like to pay for it, unfortunately I was not in the house at the moment so there was a temporary clearance delay. The package then moved after I called them confirming how I was gonna pay the fee. it was $19.45. Very Very Very reasonable. They did the same thing when I ordered The New 3DS from Japan. It seems when a package hits Memphis Tennessee if you don't call em up or miss the call they will hold the package. I might be wrong on this. But this has happened several times for me in the past. maybe I'm unlucky lol! Never hurt to call FedEx and ask em about your package when it hits Memphis to speed up the process.

Saber cost was $289 USD cost me around $371 CDN. with shipping and everything. 

Overall I'm quite pleased with my UltraSaber. I ordered the Guardian Hilt.
Special Thanks to Sophia for helping me out with the payment issues I was having and answering my stock questions..

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2016, 08:39:26 PM »

Yes, if you do air shipping (Express), Memphis is the main hub in the US that all packages travel through from Texas to Canada.  I believe customs preclearance occurs there.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2016, 10:41:54 PM »

Yes, if you do air shipping (Express), Memphis is the main hub in the US that all packages travel through from Texas to Canada.  I believe customs preclearance occurs there.

That is correct sir,as that happened  to me when they shipped it,in under a hour from being shipped their was a customs preclerance that for me said customs delay,import Ottawa,ON then it went away the delay but I was left without a estimated delivery till the monday the day I didnt know I would receive it but did,Fedex had tracking updates through the weekend so I think for Fedex International Economy(Express) Fedex ships and delivers weekends or makes in transit during the weekend like it did for me then on the monday(4th day from shipping) my saber arrived!That was the fastest shipping I have ever experienced!!Ultrasabers are amazing!!!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2016, 10:48:09 PM »

Flights definitely happen on the weekend.  Most deliveries are weekdays, with the exception of Ground to residences (which is a separate thing from Express).

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Ululant
Knight Officer

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2016, 10:27:05 AM »

Hey folks.  I am going to be placing another order the week. I will also let you know what fees I paid.  I am looking at my last fed ex slip and I see a total charge of 19.56.  There was a 10 dollar rod fee that I was told by fedex should have been waived as I have a FedEx account.   In two places, the invoice says custom fees 0.00. I am wondering if you are mistaken.  Either way, I am placing another order, and I will update this thread with my experience again.   

Ululant
Knight Officer

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2016, 04:37:02 PM »

Hey folks,

I called fedex to confirm in advance of my next order.  They explained to me that there is a customs duty fee and it is the 19.xx that I paid.  They also confirmed that 11.30 of that was the ROD fee.  Someone had said previous that if you have a FedEx acct that fee is waived.  I had an act during this order and when I had the fee I called that day and they informed it was an error and that they would apply it as a credit to my next order.  During my call today, the friendly Fedex agent told me that is not the case and that they will just issue a refund and it should happened last year.  She confirmed that if you have an acct, the ROD fee is waived.  She stated when the shipping order is placed, I should instruct the shipper to add my acct number to the order and the ROD fee will never be applied.  Or worst case, they will just issue a refund check.  So when I place my next order I will ask the fantastic Ultrasaber staff to place my acct number on the shipping order and we will see... 

So my last order, I paid 8.26 for customs fees for a 450-500 saber.   I will let you know the results of my next order. 

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2016, 02:30:40 AM »

Hey folks.  I am going to be placing another order the week. I will also let you know what fees I paid.  I am looking at my last fed ex slip and I see a total charge of 19.56.  There was a 10 dollar rod fee that I was told by fedex should have been waived as I have a FedEx account.   In two places, the invoice says custom fees 0.00. I am wondering if you are mistaken.  Either way, I am placing another order, and I will update this thread with my experience again.   
Damn,you mean the Rod fee is the advancement fee?I did not know that so next time when I have an account how would I get them to waive the fee?

Ululant
Knight Officer

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »

Well they said that the fee will not be applied if the shipper puts your account number in the order / on the slip etc.  she also said that if the situation occurs that you get charged the rod fee and you do have an account, give the FedEx call center a call, state you need a cash application and they will fix it.  They just did that for my order a year ago and sending me a cheque.

zuka213
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 74

May the Force be With You

« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:08 PM »

the saber i ordered is on backorder right now, for shipping do you get sent a message asking what you preffer when the saber is ready?
thank you

Light Side points plx
Cheesy

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2016, 06:12:28 AM »

Well they said that the fee will not be applied if the shipper puts your account number in the order / on the slip etc.  she also said that if the situation occurs that you get charged the rod fee and you do have an account, give the FedEx call center a call, state you need a cash application and they will fix it.  They just did that for my order a year ago and sending me a cheque.

Thanks I'm going to make a FedEx account this week before I order my Graflex just in case I get dinged.Thank so much!

Ululant
Knight Officer

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »

Just FYI, I did get my cheque.  I did not place the orders that I wanted yet.  Darn finances...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: