Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1472634 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6255 on: August 05, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »

reward points for referrals.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6256 on: August 05, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »

Keeping with the cannon themed sabers I would like to see Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku or Savage opress.

Agreed

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Ki-Adi Mundi themed saber as well (like I have the money to buy one) Roll Eyes

EDIT: I'd also love to see a Darth Sion inspired hilt. That thing looks pretty epic as well.

I would love  I see US’ version of Sion’s saber as well

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6257 on: August 05, 2018, 03:23:57 PM »

Just to put out there, I am the one working out some chassis. Have a solid design for the stunt 4aaa, and close to final on others.
Not sure how the chassis will improve durability.  Although I did post an idea for an electronics module several years ago.
My idea:
I came up with a new idea for US that would be an all in one electronic solution.
My idea is to have all of the electronics in one cylindrical package.  This includes the LED module, Emerald driver, Obsidion sound board, battery pack and speaker.
This device could slide in from the top or bottom of the saber, depending on how US would implement my idea.  The speaker would be covered by a grill, kind of like what is typically found on a shotgun microphone, the Emerald, and Obsidion would be accessed via one connection.  The batteries would be removable, but could also be charged inside the device.  Simply remove the entire device from the saber hilt and put it on the charger.  This is great if you want to have several sound fonts on one device, and several others on another device.
How does the switch work in my idea, I can hear some of you asking.  Well, it has a unique connection to the device.  On one side of the device there is a channel cut into the side of it, with a connection along its center, and another connection along one edge of the channel.  The activation button will have a knob on it that fits into the channel completing the circuit between the two connections.  The knob would resemble a light bulb connector, in that it has one connection on the tip, and one on the edge.
This device would allow the sabers to be more interchangeable, and would allow the saber builders out there to use US electronics in custom builds, without having any electronic skills what so ever.
Simply install the switch into your custom build, and slide the electronic device into the hilt and secure it with a tention screw.  Simple as pie.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6258 on: August 05, 2018, 11:14:09 PM »

Not sure how the chassis will improve durability.  Although I did post an idea for an electronics module several years ago.
My idea:
I came up with a new idea for US that would be an all in one electronic solution.
My idea is to have all of the electronics in one cylindrical package.  This includes the LED module, Emerald driver, Obsidion sound board, battery pack and speaker.
This device could slide in from the top or bottom of the saber, depending on how US would implement my idea.  The speaker would be covered by a grill, kind of like what is typically found on a shotgun microphone, the Emerald, and Obsidion would be accessed via one connection.  The batteries would be removable, but could also be charged inside the device.  Simply remove the entire device from the saber hilt and put it on the charger.  This is great if you want to have several sound fonts on one device, and several others on another device.
How does the switch work in my idea, I can hear some of you asking.  Well, it has a unique connection to the device.  On one side of the device there is a channel cut into the side of it, with a connection along its center, and another connection along one edge of the channel.  The activation button will have a knob on it that fits into the channel completing the circuit between the two connections.  The knob would resemble a light bulb connector, in that it has one connection on the tip, and one on the edge.
This device would allow the sabers to be more interchangeable, and would allow the saber builders out there to use US electronics in custom builds, without having any electronic skills what so ever.
Simply install the switch into your custom build, and slide the electronic device into the hilt and secure it with a tention screw.  Simple as pie.

Sounds solid to me. If for no other reason than it's always nice to hear about people trying to improve and innovate. You get a point for using your head. Thanks.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6259 on: August 05, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »

My idea:

I'd recommending building one, test fit it on an existing saber that you have, and then present that idea to US.  You never know.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #6260 on: August 06, 2018, 03:33:44 AM »

Sounds solid to me. If for no other reason than it's always nice to hear about people trying to improve and innovate. You get a point for using your head. Thanks.
Thank you for the point.
I'd recommending building one, test fit it on an existing saber that you have, and then present that idea to US.  You never know.
I'm just an idea man, no real engineering skills here.  Plus being blind doesn't help much either.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6261 on: August 06, 2018, 04:22:26 AM »

Thank you for the point.I'm just an idea man, no real engineering skills here.  Plus being blind doesn't help much either.

The world needs idea men. I know people that have all senses working 100% (including myself) that wouldn't be so imaginative and thoughtful, so again thank you.
I'm no engineer myself so I wouldn't know for sure how solid this idea is, but I've seen other manufactures use what I believe is a similar process
and it seemed much less prone to damage.
I know there is at least one engineer on this board, but I'm not sure exactly what type of engineering they do.
DL?   

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #6262 on: August 06, 2018, 06:25:20 AM »

Hi !

I would like to see your initiate Aeon and dominix from V2 to V"asyouwant" with a color option like scorpion/reaper/mantis

Would be great to have a crimson initiate !

Why not create a new color : emerald green for your hilt :p

I would buy a new initiate v2/3/4 if it could be emerald green !!!!!!!! and maybe a phantasm !!!!!

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6263 on: August 06, 2018, 06:57:03 AM »

My idea:
Sounds like a chassis to me, just one containing the LED asking with everything else. I have seen this made in custom sabers and the problem I see is ask the different size and shapes of US hilts, inducing inside the hilt. So I don't see there being a one that fits all sabers. Could be several I guess but that would defeat the purpose.

In theory the same thing could be done with a single chassis for all V4 models that would hold the speaker, battery, and sound card/LED driver. Only instead of holding the LED as well it could just have the quick disconnect added to it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6264 on: August 06, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »

reward points for referrals.  Grin
Everybody say "Logos sent me."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #6265 on: August 06, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »

Sounds like a chassis to me, just one containing the LED asking with everything else. I have seen this made in custom sabers and the problem I see is ask the different size and shapes of US hilts, inducing inside the hilt. So I don't see there being a one that fits all sabers. Could be several I guess but that would defeat the purpose.

In theory the same thing could be done with a single chassis for all V4 models that would hold the speaker, battery, and sound card/LED driver. Only instead of holding the LED as well it could just have the quick disconnect added to it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There is a simple solution.  The electronics module could be designed to fit the thinner sabers.  The wider sabers could simply have a sleave for the electronics module to slide into.  This would mean only one module would need to be designed.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2026

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6266 on: August 08, 2018, 03:33:46 PM »

New special fonts made for specific sabers? Would be a cool idea for if you go with V4 sound =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

UberDave
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6267 on: August 08, 2018, 03:46:09 PM »

Would be awesome if you designed a saber specifically for contact spinning. Something that has a smooth thin hilt with a weighted base.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6268 on: August 08, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »

I like that idea. Something that's still stylish but made for contact moves. I've seen one other company that tries to do that, but I can't stand the look of it.

UberDave
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6269 on: August 08, 2018, 05:19:22 PM »

Theres a couple, but they are all overpriced and are rarely even available.  I feel like all they would have to do is modify like an Aeon V2 a with a recessed av switch, a gradually narrowing emmitter, and a weighted pommel and they would have a decent contact saber right there.

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: