Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 251435 times)
Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2015, 04:30:39 PM »

I love seeing all these Lego displays, and the UCS sets look amazing.  They are just so expensive.  Embarrassed

I might just have to try and get my hands on a B-Wing anyway.  I would love a TIE Interceptor and a Y-Wing too but those things seem to be a bit more rare. 

I do have several cheaper Lego sets, an X-Wing, B-Wing, I think I have a small Echo Base set, set of three podracers (Anakin, Sebulba and Gasgano), probably more but that is all that comes to mind at the moment.  No pics though as they are in various stages of assembly in a box in my work shop.   

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #391 on: June 07, 2015, 04:46:15 PM »

I've got the B-Wing on the way!  Wooo!
First Lego set I have bought possibly since Episode I came out. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #392 on: June 08, 2015, 03:03:24 PM »

I've got the B-Wing on the way!  Wooo!
First Lego set I have bought possibly since Episode I came out. 

Whoa, dude. That's way too long. Grin Enjoy your building experience.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2015, 06:28:17 PM »

Whoa, dude. That's way too long. Grin Enjoy your building experience.

Yes, it has been way too long.  I have always loved the B-Wing design so it was the obvious choice, and one of the cheapest.  Wish I had known about the UCS sets as they came out.  I would have been all over those.  Sadly the Y-Wing and Tantive IV will probably never happen.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2015, 06:35:03 PM »

Yes, it has been way too long.  I have always loved the B-Wing design so it was the obvious choice, and one of the cheapest.  Wish I had known about the UCS sets as they came out.  I would have been all over those.  Sadly the Y-Wing and Tantive IV will probably never happen.

I've always been partial to the Lambda Class Shuttle.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »

I've always been partial to the Lambda Class Shuttle.

I forgot that one.  It's now a top 3 I would like that probably won't happen.    
The SSD looks amazing, but where would you put the thing?  Cheesy

Is it the TIE Fighter or Interceptor that you have?

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #396 on: June 09, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »

I forgot that one.  It's now a top 3 I would like that probably won't happen.    
The SSD looks amazing, but where would you put the thing?  Cheesy

Problem with the SSD is its price. Now it is no longer made, its price has skyrocketed. It was AUD$700 before, but now it has skyrocketed to circa AUD$1 000 so I REALLY cant afford it now! Sad so sad. And if I had it, I would FIND a place for it! Cheesy

I have an acquaintance who buys and sells Lego on the lookout for the sandcrawler cheap for me. He also said he has some older ARC-170 models (said friend has the SSD for like $900 but that's way out of the budget). so methinks it is time to raid the piggy bank.... best thing was, he is used to seeing me in my Jedi outfit, when I appeared in front of him in my bright blue Spartan at the last fair he did a double take Cheesy that was great hehe. He can also custom make glass and Perspex display cases, so I'm thinking I might get some for my UCS Lego.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #397 on: June 09, 2015, 05:37:03 PM »

Problem with the SSD is its price. Now it is no longer made, its price has skyrocketed. It was AUD$700 before, but now it has skyrocketed to circa AUD$1 000 so I REALLY cant afford it now! Sad so sad.

You could try to do what I did for that one which was to "bricklink" it.   That's another way of saying piece-meal it through sourcing the parts required to build it.  (Primary sources include bricklink.com and Lego's own online replacement parts service).

I did that project a few months ago.   Tally came to around $400 CAD for the parts plus shipping for those various parts orders.   That was just for the ship though.  Does not include mini figs, original instruction manual or the decal sheet.   Just the ship.   I didn't really care about the figs, the manual is not really needed because they're all scanned and available online for free, and there are replica decal sheets available out there much cheaper than what people are selling originals for.    In the end I didn't really save anything over original msrp.   But I did manage to get the ship for much less than it otherwise would've cost in the current secondary market.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #398 on: September 04, 2015, 01:32:39 AM »

Picking up these 2 sets in a couple hours....... Woo Hoo  Grin

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #399 on: September 04, 2015, 07:35:05 AM »

*drool*, I just can't get enough of the new X-wing's colors!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #400 on: September 04, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »

Aw snit. I think daddy needs a new X-wing.

Sig by For Tyeth

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #401 on: September 08, 2015, 04:16:18 AM »

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the new Incom T70 over the old Incom T65 X wing. It's just something about those wings  Undecided

I have yet to look at the new Lego, I've been a good girl and until yesterday avoided looking at any Force Friday stuff so my wallet wouldn't suffer BEFORE I went on vacation.

That X wing shall have to join the other three in my collection however!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #402 on: September 08, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »

I am really liking the look of the new TFA Lego sets, however do I feel that some of them are way overpriced.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #403 on: September 08, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »

I am really liking the look of the new TFA Lego sets, however do I feel that some of them are way overpriced.

Best rule of thumb for buying LEGOs. If you can get 100pcs for every $10 of the price, it's good. Things to pay attention to also are what kind of specialized pieces does the set include as well. Things that they can't readily use in other themes.

I would have gone for Kylo Ren's ship, just to get Kylo Ren, but I really hated its design. I went for Rey's Speeder and an AT-AT. Holy kriffing BIG. I'll try to post pics later.

Sig by For Tyeth

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #404 on: September 09, 2015, 02:24:32 AM »

Lego set pricing is also dependent on the number of mini figures that are in it (and to some degree the rarity of the mini fig). Those two sets pictured have a fair few mini figs and therefore will cost quite a bit compared to a similar sized set with say just two mini figs.

Just be thankful that you don't live in Aus. A $450- 500 set from the US Lego shop is $700 in the Aus Lego Shop. I wouldn't be surprised if that's gone up because of the weak Aus dollar

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: