Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 251437 times)
kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #405 on: September 09, 2015, 03:31:22 AM »

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the new Incom T70 over the old Incom T65 X wing. It's just something about those wings  Undecided

I have yet to look at the new Lego, I've been a good girl and until yesterday avoided looking at any Force Friday stuff so my wallet wouldn't suffer BEFORE I went on vacation.

That X wing shall have to join the other three in my collection however!

The biggest difference is the engine intake is bigger and splits when the s-foils open where as the t-65 has a separate intake for each.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #406 on: September 09, 2015, 03:41:35 AM »

The biggest difference is the engine intake is bigger and splits when the s-foils open where as the t-65 has a separate intake for each.

And the offset s-foils too..... and I really like the cockpit glass piece on this new lego x-wing set, compared to 9493  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:44:52 AM by JediXIX » Logged

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #407 on: September 09, 2015, 04:02:22 AM »

And the offset s-foils too..... and I really like the cockpit glass piece on this new lego x-wing set, compared to 9493  Smiley

Never noticed the wing difference before. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #408 on: September 09, 2015, 04:42:41 AM »

They're not intakes.  A space ship doesn't have intakes.  Those are actually the forward sensor arrays.  Don't feel too bad,  it had to be explained to me once too. But I know what area you're talking about.  Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #409 on: September 09, 2015, 03:47:02 PM »

They're not intakes.  A space ship doesn't have intakes.  Those are actually the forward sensor arrays.  Don't feel too bad,  it had to be explained to me once too. But I know what area you're talking about.  Grin

Everything that I have read indicates that the sensor array is housed in the nosecone and that the part in question is part of the engine and not a sensor.  I will concede the point that space ships don't have air intakes even if they behave like airplanes in the movies.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #410 on: September 09, 2015, 03:55:58 PM »

Everything that I have read indicates that the sensor array is housed in the nosecone and that the part in question is part of the engine and not a sensor.  I will concede the point that space ships don't have air intakes even if they behave like airplanes in the movies.

If memory serves, I refer you to the original OT cut-away book. I might be wrong about the sensors, but I'm 100% positive that they aren't engine parts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #411 on: September 09, 2015, 04:03:30 PM »

If memory serves, I refer you to the original OT cut-away book. I might be wrong about the sensors, but I'm 100% positive that they aren't engine parts.

I unfortunately don't have that book.  I was going off what I read in various novels and on wookieepedia.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #412 on: September 10, 2015, 06:24:04 AM »

The offset wings and half engine looks is what puts me off. Not a fan, I prefer the older style.

If I had my Rebels blueprints book I'd look at that buuutttt... its something like 3 400km away atm. Makes it difficult Tongue.

Pretty sure the sensor arrays were in the nose though?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #413 on: September 10, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »

Let's see if this works...

If not, I was mistaken. The sensors are in the nose. The conical bits are EM gyros, effectively stabilizers. The deflector shield gennies are also housed in that cylindrical section. But the "intakes" are not intakes.

Now pods have intakes.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #414 on: September 10, 2015, 08:33:27 PM »

I like this new X-Wing design(don't get me wrong T65 is #1). That's a very nice set, too bad Lego sets are too expensive for me right now.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #415 on: September 10, 2015, 08:38:24 PM »

I like this new X-Wing design(don't get me wrong T65 is #1). That's a very nice set, too bad Lego sets are too expensive for me right now.

You need to be saving up anyway. You got a date coming up. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #416 on: September 10, 2015, 08:43:41 PM »

You need to be saving up anyway. You got a date coming up. Grin

No, I need to be saving up, because I don't have a job. lol

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #417 on: September 10, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »

No, I need to be saving up, because I don't have a job. lol

That too. I never heard back from you on the "other" thread.

Sig by For Tyeth

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2015, 02:14:46 AM »

The offset wings and half engine looks is what puts me off. Not a fan, I prefer the older style.

I like this new X-Wing design(don't get me wrong T65 is #1).

Yea I was a little put off when I saw the first Ep.VII trailer of the offset wings, but its grown on me, and this new set is VERY cool, to me anyway...... And  also very cool in black & orange..... Agree, the T65 has a special place in my heart also  Kiss   and I'm guessing Lego will milk it and bring out a new set of the T65 with that newer glass piece real soon......   Cheesy

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #419 on: September 12, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »

Yea I was a little put off when I saw the first Ep.VII trailer of the offset wings, but its grown on me, and this new set is VERY cool, to me anyway...... And  also very cool in black & orange..... Agree, the T65 has a special place in my heart also  Kiss   and I'm guessing Lego will milk it and bring out a new set of the T65 with that newer glass piece real soon......   Cheesy

They'll milk eps VII first. If they bring out another T65 it'll probably be later down the track.

In other news I went into a hobby store today and found a heap of the new star wars lego. Thank the Force I don't have room in my luggage to take them back on the plane with me!

I see a possible Lego order in my near future however....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: