Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 248646 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #495 on: February 09, 2016, 02:24:28 AM »

Excuse my language, but holy frelling shell that is frelling amazing! I remember I used to be so happy building a small house when I was a kid, but now I don't even have the patience to play Jenga. Those are amazing!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy
How long does it usually to build something like that?
I can just see myself breaking my fingers trying to construct that lol

Yeah, did I mention it's just over 2 feet long?

It took Saturday to build it, but I did take a number of breaks to do other stuff.  The most important lesson I learned is that I'm not a kid any more, and sitting on the floor to put it together was not the best idea.  When I tried to stand up....well, tried is the operative word there.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #496 on: February 09, 2016, 02:32:19 AM »

It took Saturday to build it, but I did take a number of breaks to do other stuff.  The most important lesson I learned is that I'm not a kid any more, and sitting on the floor to put it together was not the best idea.  When I tried to stand up....well, tried is the operative word there.

Its it auto-corrected all my curse words lol.

Hahah, it must have been a huge hassle. When I was kid I could spend hours letting my imagination run. I just don't the patience or the time to do that anymore. I'm glad you at least built something worth holding on too for a very long time. That is truly remarkable and to build in one day is also a great achievement.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #497 on: February 09, 2016, 02:33:35 PM »

Yeah SF is a family friendly place, hence swear words are censored. It makes it a much nicer place to be Smiley I'll admit I swear a bit in person but in more social situations esp with ppl I don't know it is a nicer thing to not have it Smiley

The helicarrier is something around 80cm long and man that thing is awesome and took a long time! I savoured it by building it bit by bit over better part of a week, made the enjoyment last longer! Cheesy the sandcrawler was the same, though after building 8 tracks I was beginning to get a bit frustrated and wanted it built already! First time I've ever been relieved not to have more building! I usually open up the sofa lounge and spread out on that, or I have a board that I put a non slip mat on and work off that on my lap or in front of me- best thing ever because the Lego bits don't slip off it! Cheesy I also sort my bags into containers most of the time with larger builds, makes it easier Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #498 on: February 09, 2016, 03:22:03 PM »

Who's hyped about the LEGO Star Wars TFA videogame coming out this summer?

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #499 on: February 09, 2016, 03:29:10 PM »

That's why I have taken to building at the kitchen table. My old bones just can't take extended periods Indian-style on the floor, particularly my knees, ankles and butt.

LEGO question to those that collect. Has anybody been able to figure out why the Snowspeeder was light grey in the original 1999 release, but every iteration since has been white?

Who's hyped about the LEGO Star Wars TFA videogame coming out this summer?
Meh. They would be better served to be patient and wait for a full trilogy. But their greedy. Angry Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #500 on: February 09, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »

That's why I have taken to building at the kitchen table. My old bones just can't take extended periods Indian-style on the floor, particularly my knees, ankles and butt.

LEGO question to those that collect. Has anybody been able to figure out why the Snowspeeder was light grey in the original 1999 release, but every iteration since has been white?
Meh. They would be better served to be patient and wait for a full trilogy. But their greedy. >:( :P

My guess is that they'll do something like back in '05 when they went from "LEGO Star Wars" to "LEGO Star Wars the Complete Saga" and just add it on later and incorporate it all into one big videogame (What if they remade TCS levels and eventually made a game that includes 1-9, anthology, and/or Clone Wars and Rebels? That'd be cool). They may even do it as the motherlode of DLC. But either way, trust me. They'd can't afford not to. Think of all the $$$ they'd be able to make  :D

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #501 on: February 09, 2016, 06:13:13 PM »

My guess is that they'll do something like back in '05 when they went from "LEGO Star Wars" to "LEGO Star Wars the Complete Saga" and just add it on later and incorporate it all into one big videogame (What if they remade TCS levels and eventually made a game that includes 1-9, anthology, and/or Clone Wars and Rebels? That'd be cool). They may even do it as the motherlode of DLC. But either way, trust me. They'd can't afford not to. Think of all the $$$ they'd be able to make  Cheesy

<drool>

TCS had its glitches, but IMO was one of the best LEGO games. But the thing is, all TCS did was combine the two previous PS2 games. Each was still a complete trilogy worth of levels. Imagine how boring and lame the first LSW would have been if it was just TPM. This is what worries me about TFA.

Haven't played it yet but I remember LEGO the Hobbit came out before DoS, and they didn't release another after BO5A, so did the one game incorporate all 3 parts?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #502 on: February 09, 2016, 08:42:55 PM »

<drool>

TCS had its glitches, but IMO was one of the best LEGO games. But the thing is, all TCS did was combine the two previous PS2 games. Each was still a complete trilogy worth of levels. Imagine how boring and lame the first LSW would have been if it was just TPM. This is what worries me about TFA.

Haven't played it yet but I remember LEGO the Hobbit came out before DoS, and they didn't release another after BO5A, so did the one game incorporate all 3 parts?

It was originally planned to, but TT never followed through ( still mad about that).

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #503 on: February 09, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »

It was originally planned to, but TT never followed through ( still mad about that).

Yet another company I will have to enslave purchase when I when the next uber-powerball.

Sig by For Tyeth

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #504 on: February 10, 2016, 07:28:54 AM »

The first X-Wing was grey also . . . just the style at the time I guess . . . and I remember when they changed the minifig faces from yellow to skin colour, lol . . .

I've got all the lego sets from 1999 to 2004, then the odd sets here and there since (just couldn't keep up buying them all) . . . I've still got the first UCS Star Destroyer (10030), the box un-opened and un-touched, never got around to building it, and now I'm not sure if I should even open the box  Shocked . . . always wished I'd bought the UCS Millennium Falcon (10179) . . .  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #505 on: February 10, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »

The first X-Wing was grey also . . . just the style at the time I guess . . . and I remember when they changed the minifig faces from yellow to skin colour, lol . . .

I've got all the lego sets from 1999 to 2004, then the odd sets here and there since (just couldn't keep up buying them all) . . . I've still got the first UCS Star Destroyer (10030), the box un-opened and un-touched, never got around to building it, and now I'm not sure if I should even open the box  Shocked . . . always wished I'd bought the UCS Millennium Falcon (10179) . . .  Smiley

I'm beginning to think the reason they did so was to keep from having to create a shade that was halfway between their light grey and white, and just opted to make the "Incom" ships white.

Sig by For Tyeth

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #506 on: February 11, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »

i used to have the Clone Trooper gunship and X-wing sets...like an idiot i gave them up Sad

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #507 on: February 12, 2016, 06:23:27 PM »

i used to have the Clone Trooper gunship and X-wing sets...like an idiot i gave them up Sad

I still have every LEGO I have ever received. About 30 years worth. Still want more.

Sig by For Tyeth

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #508 on: February 12, 2016, 08:40:11 PM »

I still have every LEGO I have ever received. About 30 years worth. Still want more.

oh man i was pressured into giving them in high school..when a hot girl told me i was a child for keeping them

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #509 on: February 12, 2016, 09:02:27 PM »

oh man i was pressured into giving them in high school..when a hot girl told me i was a child for keeping them

Sucker. Never compromise who are for a piece of trim. Looks fade, but intellect and personality will endure. Choose your pursuits with care.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: