Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 251518 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #555 on: May 11, 2016, 06:04:50 PM »

Unclear on the SSD.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #556 on: May 12, 2016, 03:19:20 AM »

Basically the moment the SSD went out of production it's price shot up. Literally overnight. Here they were $700 new, immediately after they were discontinued you could get em locally at a bargain of $850 whereas they were abouta grand everywhere else. You can't get em under a grand in Aus now and you can find them advertised for a great deal more.

A lot of ppl into Lego bought a couple just before the end of production and are now sitting on goldmines basically Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #557 on: May 12, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »

Well, I'm one final and a few days to wait for grades away from buying one of those gold mines.

I have no idea where I'm going to put it when it's built.  Heck, I still haven't put together Slave I, because I'm not sure where to put it.

But I'll find a way, Executor will be mine.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #558 on: May 12, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »

Basically the moment the SSD went out of production it's price shot up. Literally overnight. Here they were $700 new, immediately after they were discontinued you could get em locally at a bargain of $850 whereas they were abouta grand everywhere else. You can't get em under a grand in Aus now and you can find them advertised for a great deal more.

A lot of ppl into Lego bought a couple just before the end of production and are now sitting on goldmines basically Tongue

WHAT IS A SSD?

Are you talking about the UCS Executor?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #559 on: May 12, 2016, 07:51:03 PM »

You don't know the term "SSD"? Ever heard of the "Super Star Destroyer"? Wink So yes, she's talking about the Executor Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #560 on: May 12, 2016, 07:52:06 PM »

You don't know the term "SSD"? Ever heard of the "Super Star Destroyer"? Wink So yes, she's talking about the Executor Cheesy

Took me a while because I thought she was still talking Mega Bloks, and TMK MBs never did SW. Hence my confusion.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #561 on: May 12, 2016, 08:15:53 PM »

Now I just have to wait for grades to post, and payday, to get my SSD Executor.

Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #562 on: May 12, 2016, 08:39:03 PM »

Now I just have to wait for grades to post, and payday, to get my SSD Executor.

Wink

It was impressive, but if I'm going stupid huge sets I want these:

For smaller builds I'd like to snag

And points if you got in on some of this, back in the day:

Scratch that. I want this:

Sig by For Tyeth

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #563 on: May 13, 2016, 06:15:14 PM »

Actually, I own one of those "old" snowspeeders Cheesy It's about 12 or 13 years old now...

And that MF would be a beast in my collection...the biggest models I have are the UCS X-Wing and TIE Interceptor (both 1st generation).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #564 on: May 14, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »

Actually, I own one of those "old" snowspeeders Cheesy It's about 12 or 13 years old now...

And that MF would be a beast in my collection...the biggest models I have are the UCS X-Wing and TIE Interceptor (both 1st generation).

The helicarrier, in my case. That thing was a nightmare to move house with, I was so afraid of getting it damaged! My UCS Red 5 X-wing is also far too large to fit into any of my cabinets, or the storage boxes we moved with, so my nine yr old nephew was entrusted with holding it during the short car trip Tongue It's currently sitting atop a cabinet while I figure out what to do with it. Thinking I'll get it a custom made acrylic case to protect it, same with the helicarrier.

And yes, SSD is super star destroyer. Sorry, I didn't specify I was referring to the Lego coz I figured that you'd figure that one out given the conversation.

I remember seeing that Imperial shuttle in the shops years back and thinking how awesome it was. Sadly I only have the more recent Rebel captured Tydirium

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #565 on: May 16, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »

The TIE-Interceptor was my first, and now I have 2 with the Slave I.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #566 on: May 16, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »

The TIE-Interceptor was my first, and now I have 2 with the Slave I.

A TIE-interceptor would be amazing.  I'd love that.

EDIT: Was it this one?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #567 on: May 16, 2016, 06:57:52 PM »

No, it was from the UCS series. See here. Scroll down to see the pic.

Sig by Master Nero

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #568 on: May 16, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »

Oh.  So this one?:

Even better!  Want.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #569 on: May 16, 2016, 08:42:17 PM »

I actually have both of them. But I did mean the UCS one. I wouldn't mind a redo on that one. The wings were too long on the original.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: