Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 248634 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #570 on: May 16, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »

I actually have both of them. But I did mean the UCS one. I wouldn't mind a redo on that one. The wings were too long on the original.
You have two? Two.

Jelly.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #571 on: May 16, 2016, 08:50:34 PM »

The one you showed was the normal scale set which retailed for $20. The one Nova showed retailed for $100.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #572 on: May 16, 2016, 08:55:30 PM »

The one you showed was the normal scale set which retailed for $20. The one Nova showed retailed for $100.
They sell for considerably more than that now.  Undecided

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #573 on: May 16, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »

They sell for considerably more than that now.  Undecided

That's because now they're collectable. My cousin just got the Shuttle Tyderium set because "they were stopping production". I told him they always stop production.

I've thought about selling them a billion dollar idea for a single set of every model they've ever marketed.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #574 on: May 16, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »

That's because now they're collectable. My cousin just got the Shuttle Tyderium set because "they were stopping production". I told him they always stop production.

I've thought about selling them a billion dollar idea for a single set of every model they've ever marketed.
I think I'll stick to the BanDai models for now anyway.

I have a whole lot of work ahead of me to build this AT-ST, and there's a speederbike, and snowspeeder I want after that.  Tongue

All the same scale too.  Smiley

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #575 on: May 17, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »

Should I get this?

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #576 on: May 17, 2016, 11:56:34 AM »

Should I get this?

How much? Does it come at the cost of millions of lives crying out and then being suddenly silenced? Cause if so, it sounds like a steal  Wink

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #577 on: May 17, 2016, 11:59:45 AM »

How much? Does it come at the cost of millions of lives crying out and then being suddenly silenced? Cause if so, it sounds like a steal  Wink
Well, I don't actually know. Everytime I go to get one, it's not there.

I'm in the right place, but no Alderaan. Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #578 on: May 17, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »

I think I'll stick to the BanDai models for now anyway.

I have a whole lot of work ahead of me to build this AT-ST, and there's a speederbike, and snowspeeder I want after that.  Tongue

All the same scale too.  Smiley

The only Bandai kits I was ever interested in were Gundam models.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #579 on: May 17, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »

The only Bandai kits I was ever interested in were Gundam models.
I never got into those.

I'm actually going out right now to get some more paints for it, and eye goo (makeup) for Sithiness. Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #580 on: May 17, 2016, 02:57:30 PM »

I never got into those.

I'm actually going out right now to get some more paints for it, and eye goo (makeup) for Sithiness. Smiley

You poor child. Next to sabers and LEGOs, life doesn't get any better than MG Gundam models. Grin Grin God, I miss college.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #581 on: May 17, 2016, 05:42:11 PM »

You poor child. Next to sabers and LEGOs, life doesn't get any better than MG Gundam models. Grin Grin God, I miss college.
I think I was beyond that for the time though.  I was more concerned with girls and partying then...lol

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #582 on: May 17, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »

I think I was beyond that for the time though.  I was more concerned with girls and partying then...lol

Girls I wanted, just didn't know how to go about getting them. Partying? Not so much. My sophomore year, I had no TV, which meant no TV, movies, or video games to while the time away. It was books and model kits.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #583 on: May 17, 2016, 07:21:10 PM »

Girls I wanted, just didn't know how to go about getting them. Partying? Not so much. My sophomore year, I had no TV, which meant no TV, movies, or video games to while the time away. It was books and model kits.
Well, you must be an exceptionally good engineer.

Tell your boss I said to give a pay hike...not a raise...a hike.  Smiley

Don't get me wrong, Gundam's looked really cool, just I had...err...other priorities...lol

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #584 on: May 17, 2016, 07:40:07 PM »

Well, you must be an exceptionally good engineer.
It's a pro/con. I was socially awkward through college. But my engineering skills are natural, so I can pinpoint specifics as to why I find something/someone attractive.

Tell your boss I said to give a pay hike...not a raise...a hike.  Smiley
Easier said than done. I work for a tight-fisted Grinch. But it's alright. If I were making what I should, I wouldn't be on the Forum as much. Tongue

Don't get me wrong, Gundam's looked really cool, just I had...err...other priorities...lol
As previously stated, I find as much enjoyment in a finely designed machine made of metal (or plastic representation) as I do one of flesh and blood.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: