Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313119 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #960 on: June 14, 2014, 05:36:34 PM »

*sigh*

Having discussions and/or arguments with people is like trying to talk to a brick wall.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #961 on: June 14, 2014, 06:02:27 PM »

I despise online job applications... I am getting so tired of hour plus long personality assessment quizzes and places that want your whole life's history and all your personal information for a !@#$ing $8.00 per hour job.  You want employees, then don't make it so hard to apply that all I want to do is stab you in the neck with a pencil when I'm applying for a job selling motor oil and windshield wiper blades to people that would buy freakin' blinker fluid and muffler bearings if I told them they needed it.

I didn't have this in depth a background check getting the clearance to work on Ft. Leavenworth at the Disciplinary Barracks after 9/11...

AutoZone can go !@#$ itself.

I frickin love those things. "What was your GPA in high school?" I'M APPLYING FOR A JOB AT BURGER KING! Even if I failed high school, I'm pretty sure I can manage to ask people if they want fries with that. I could understand if it was a job that required some intelligence beyond being able to speak and count to 100, but BK, McDonald's, Lowe's, Auto Zone, the local grocery store? Really?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #962 on: June 14, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »

I frickin love those things. "What was your GPA in high school?" I'M APPLYING FOR A JOB AT BURGER KING! Even if I failed high school, I'm pretty sure I can manage to ask people if they want fries with that. I could understand if it was a job that required some intelligence beyond being able to speak and count to 100, but BK, McDonald's, Lowe's, Auto Zone, the local grocery store? Really?

Why do most fast food joints only accept bills 20 and under ?

Most people do not have 50 fingers and toes...

I used that all the time when I worked at Burger King and people tried to give us 100 dollar bills. 

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #963 on: June 14, 2014, 10:30:12 PM »

Why do most fast food joints only accept bills 20 and under ?

Most people do not have 50 fingers and toes...

I used that all the time when I worked at Burger King and people tried to give us 100 dollar bills. 

Hah, now THAT deserves a point.

My favorite question though, has to be "Why do you want to work for _____?/What made you decide to apply here?" Ummmm, I need money. lol

(Sig by me!)

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #964 on: June 14, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »

My favorite question though, has to be "Why do you want to work for _____?/What made you decide to apply here?" Ummmm, I need money. lol

Eating is nice ... Living not on the street is even better ...

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #965 on: June 15, 2014, 12:23:06 AM »

Eating is nice ... Living not on the street is even better ...

All those problems can be solved with money.

(Sig by me!)

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #966 on: June 15, 2014, 03:21:58 AM »

For those with employment woes - I have been there, and I totally feel your pain.  I was always taught that the man has to be the breadwinner (which, when one examines it, is a very outdated concept), and having a job and contributing really does help one's piece of mind.  I was without a job for the better part of a year, and I am going to be paying that debt off for a long while yet.

But each of you has something unique to offer the right employer.  I hope that you're able to find something that fulfills you, or helps you get by, in the meantime. 

If regular employment isn't an option - what about helping out friends with housecleaning, chores, child-sitting, heavy unskilled labor?  My wife is doing that right now while we keep the ends waving toward each other, and knowing that there's a little bit more there helps immensely for both of us.  It's certainly not as great as full-time employment, I grant you.

Are there any corporations in your area that you could work with that would train you?

Do you have any friends who work in HR/Personnel at companies?

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #967 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:05 AM »

I should add that I DO have a craptastic job to get me by for now. I was just sympathizing with JE as I've been there.

(Sig by me!)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #968 on: June 16, 2014, 06:39:45 AM »

I was asked when at an open interview at Best Buy something along the lines of "What is your main goal in getting a job at Best Buy?"  I looked at her like she was stupid and actually said "To eat!"  in a voice that implied a "duh!" at the end of it.  I have little patience with stupid people or stupidity in general.  I have interviewed with them twice in the past few years and neither time could I even make it through the first interview without the woman giving the interview seemly realizing that I thought they were retarded.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #969 on: June 16, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »

I was asked when at an open interview at Best Buy something along the lines of "What is your main goal in getting a job at Best Buy?"  I looked at her like she was stupid and actually said "To eat!"  in a voice that implied a "duh!" at the end of it.  I have little patience with stupid people or stupidity in general.  I have interviewed with them twice in the past few years and neither time could I even make it through the first interview without the woman giving the interview seemly realizing that I thought they were retarded.

To be fair, most places do have a list of questions that are supposed to be asked in an interview. She probably didn't care in the slightest about your reasons, but had to ask. I've known people in HR/Supervisor positions that conduct interviews, and they all have said they get a general list of questions to pick from, and usually pick the least retarded and/or easiest to answer of the bunch.

It's still pretty annoying on our end though. I mean, I want a job, does it matter if it's to feed my kids or if it's just for gas money to get back and forth to school?

(Sig by me!)

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #970 on: June 16, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »

To be fair, most places do have a list of questions that are supposed to be asked in an interview. She probably didn't care in the slightest about your reasons, but had to ask. I've known people in HR/Supervisor positions that conduct interviews, and they all have said they get a general list of questions to pick from, and usually pick the least retarded and/or easiest to answer of the bunch.

It's still pretty annoying on our end though. I mean, I want a job, does it matter if it's to feed my kids or if it's just for gas money to get back and forth to school?

Yeah, I used to work at Best Buy and was a part of the hiring process for a short time. There are pre-made packets laid out with questions they have to ask, from which the answers are compiled with the rest of your information such as interests, job history, and the position you are applying for. Then if you get hired there are even more packets of information with instructional videos and workshops you have to go through for orientation. It can be a lengthy process.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #971 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:23 AM »

For those with employment woes - I have been there, and I totally feel your pain.  I was always taught that the man has to be the breadwinner (which, when one examines it, is a very outdated concept), and having a job and contributing really does help one's piece of mind.  I was without a job for the better part of a year, and I am going to be paying that debt off for a long while yet.

But each of you has something unique to offer the right employer.  I hope that you're able to find something that fulfills you, or helps you get by, in the meantime. 

If regular employment isn't an option - what about helping out friends with housecleaning, chores, child-sitting, heavy unskilled labor?  My wife is doing that right now while we keep the ends waving toward each other, and knowing that there's a little bit more there helps immensely for both of us.  It's certainly not as great as full-time employment, I grant you.

Are there any corporations in your area that you could work with that would train you?

Do you have any friends who work in HR/Personnel at companies?

I feel for you, Ed. And at the moment I'm fighting tooth and nail for a specialized position while in school.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #972 on: June 17, 2014, 04:35:46 AM »

Yeah, I used to work at Best Buy and was a part of the hiring process for a short time. There are pre-made packets laid out with questions they have to ask, from which the answers are compiled with the rest of your information such as interests, job history, and the position you are applying for. Then if you get hired there are even more packets of information with instructional videos and workshops you have to go through for orientation. It can be a lengthy process.

Yeeeeeesssss, she mentioned the instructional videos and workshops, I knew right then when she was talking how long they would take to complete that the job was too retarded for me. I could understand that if I was trying to work for geek squad or in the computer section, but all I wanted was to work in a section like music or video games, stocking, helping customers, etc.  I don't need  instructional videos and workshops to tell me how to be nice to people or sell things, I used to be a car salesman, selling retail is easy by comparison. I was veeeeeerrrry tempted to just flat out tell here I could skip some of the  instructional videos and workshops due to two strong features I have, "common sense" and "thinking".

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #973 on: June 17, 2014, 12:29:39 PM »

Yeeeeeesssss, she mentioned the instructional videos and workshops, I knew right then when she was talking how long they would take to complete that the job was too retarded for me. I could understand that if I was trying to work for geek squad or in the computer section, but all I wanted was to work in a section like music or video games, stocking, helping customers, etc.  I don't need  instructional videos and workshops to tell me how to be nice to people or sell things, I used to be a car salesman, selling retail is easy by comparison. I was veeeeeerrrry tempted to just flat out tell here I could skip some of the  instructional videos and workshops due to two strong features I have, "common sense" and "thinking".

Haha, it's not a fun process. The benefits of working there are great, but working retail sucks in general IMO.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #974 on: June 17, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »

So lunch hour is over.

Seems like a lot of people all went to the same place for lunch. When they all came back, the guy who invited everyone out to lunch comes to my cube.

Him: "Hey, Jev... why didn't you come out to lunch with us? Everyone was invited!"

Me: "I had no knowledge of this, as nobody told me anything about it."

Them: "What do you mean? I sent the email out to everyone! You need to stop being so anti-social and start having fun with your coworkers!"

Me: "Oh really? Let's see... Since I do not share the same interests as you, I often feel like an outcast, only here to do my job. When I come to your cubes to socialize, you pretty much ignore me except for the social niceties. So why in the world would I WANT to go hang out with people over lunch just to be ignored? I can get the same damned effect here at the office without spending $20 on a mediocre meal. Also, you sent that email out to everyone you wanted to invite. I was not on that list. Ergo, I was not invited. You can say 'everyone was invited' all day long, but that don't make a crap when you conveniently forget to tell someone about it. If you want to socially ostracize me, fine. Don't be a coward about it and admit you didn't want me there instead of making it out like it's my fault."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:21:24 PM by Jev Moldara » Logged

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: