Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306818 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1650 on: January 04, 2016, 07:07:06 PM »

No luck finding the gloves at work.  I am going to tear the house from stem to stern after work to FIND them dagnabbit!   Angry  Otherwise they are getting replaced immediately because I cannot not have gloves for IRL OR for cosplay.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1651 on: January 04, 2016, 11:52:47 PM »

Still trying to wrap my head around the last hour. A friend of mine, Dennis Bain, had a "minor" heart attack Christmas Day, this lead to a quintuple (yes, 5) bypass and he was doing well. Over the weekend he took a down turn, was moved to ICU and was scheduled for a pacemaker/defibrillator to be installed today. Over the last hour his family and friends have all learned of his passing. He was one of those larger than life presences that you never forget, I'm still just speechless right now.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1652 on: January 05, 2016, 01:06:09 AM »

Oh wow, I'm so sorry.  There aren't words to properly express condolences for that kind of loss.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1653 on: January 05, 2016, 01:36:29 AM »

Drivers who are too important to wait their turn make me want to go full Sith.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1654 on: January 05, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »

Oh for sh1ts sake.

I'd agreed with work than when my sick pay ran out as a result of my surgery leave they'd start paying out my annual leave.

They didnt. I got paid 82 cents for last week Angry

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1655 on: January 05, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »

Still trying to wrap my head around the last hour. A friend of mine, Dennis Bain, had a "minor" heart attack Christmas Day, this lead to a quintuple (yes, 5) bypass and he was doing well. Over the weekend he took a down turn, was moved to ICU and was scheduled for a pacemaker/defibrillator to be installed today. Over the last hour his family and friends have all learned of his passing. He was one of those larger than life presences that you never forget, I'm still just speechless right now.

My deepest sympathies.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1656 on: January 05, 2016, 01:47:35 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't see it before when i posted. *hugs* condolences to you, his family and other friends

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1657 on: January 05, 2016, 02:54:34 PM »

I kriffing hate salesmen.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1658 on: January 05, 2016, 06:05:49 PM »

Sorry, brother, for your loss.  My hope is your memories of him and his actions in life bring you solace and aid you during this time of sorrow.  Best wishes.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1659 on: January 05, 2016, 06:41:45 PM »

Indeed, sorry for your loss as well.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1660 on: January 16, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »

So..., not to hog this thread or anything, but it seems lately if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Last Thursday I had started feeling sorta bad (flu like symptoms)  Made it to my friends memorial service on Sunday afternoon but was only able to stay about 90 minutes.

I started vomitting up green and yellow bile so my wife whisked me off to the ER.  Turns out my Gallbladder had decided to betray me.  Had Surgery on Tuesday (They spent monday working on controlling the spread of infection and blood pressure) and got to come home Thursday night.  Now it's slow going, but I can almost sit up for 30 minutes at a time as long as I don't push the pain meds too far.

I am so glad to be back to almost normal... though I'm off work for recovery for two more weeks.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1661 on: January 16, 2016, 04:30:29 PM »

So..., not to hog this thread or anything, but it seems lately if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Last Thursday I had started feeling sorta bad (flu like symptoms)  Made it to my friends memorial service on Sunday afternoon but was only able to stay about 90 minutes.

I started vomitting up green and yellow bile so my wife whisked me off to the ER.  Turns out my Gallbladder had decided to betray me.  Had Surgery on Tuesday (They spent monday working on controlling the spread of infection and blood pressure) and got to come home Thursday night.  Now it's slow going, but I can almost sit up for 30 minutes at a time as long as I don't push the pain meds too far.

I am so glad to be back to almost normal... though I'm off work for recovery for two more weeks.

Well, you're alive, and in time will recover fully.  And I, for one, am happy about this.

Get well soon, but don't push it too much.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1662 on: January 19, 2016, 10:48:50 PM »

I wish you a most quick return to health, brother!  Smiley Pesky Gallbladders!   Angry

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #1663 on: January 21, 2016, 08:49:58 PM »

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ultra Sabers or Star Wars in general Cheesy It's actually about music....

If there is one thing I've prided myself on, it would be my open-mindedness and willingness to view things equally and without bias. Though unfortunately I have come to realize that this purity is just impossible to maintain with everything that life has to offer. When I think of music, I think of art, because that is what it is, art. Art is the single most subjective thing in the world, bar none. However, I just can't fathom how modern pop music can be considered art. All modern pop artists want is money. They don't care about making art, and they most certainly don't care about composing meaningful songs. No, they just write simple, contrived songs simply so that they can make cash and become popular.

For me, art is art. If it's fake, it's not art. It's as simple as that.

I love all music. I love metal, I love rock, I love baroque, I love folk, I love jazz, I love blues, I love, I love, I love.... However, if the person composing the music isn't creating it with proper intentions, than it doesn't matter what genre it is, for in my eyes, it's just garbage.

I know I'm generalizing, and I just now realized this Cheesy I'm not aiming at pop music specifically, I'm pointing the finger at anyone in any genre that makes meaningless songs for a quick buck. Yes, even the people in my beloved genre of metal. Though I also have to admit that there is only one pop artist I can think of who isn't in it for the money.

---

Thank you for letting me vent *bows and leaves*

3.5 years later and this still hold true.  \m/ @ TheHobbitofDune

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #1664 on: January 22, 2016, 04:04:40 AM »

Positive thoughts for all postings reguarding personal physical tramua, / sickness, which makes my post very trivial

But so  yeah, i'm driving down the interstate, at about 70 mph, cars behind me and the left lane next to me, the car ahead of me i notice part of a hand out the window then outta nowhere a Cup, Big size mind you gets tossed out the window, reaction was to tap the breaks dip the nose of my car down to avoid , but held back do to a quick glance the car behind me was close, so just watched as the cup hit my hood,

Sure enough, Splash !!!  ( which later i determined to be ice coffee )  brown liquid and ice all over smearing hood, and windshield, wipers just spreading it all out just so i could see,
Man  talk about instant road rage,  I wanted to go all medieval /Road warrior (Original  version not this new  umm. movie) my
 exit i needed came up a few miles later i turned, lemme tell you i REALLY wanted to follow them until  they stopped and give them a tongue lashing. But as  i said, Despite ignorance, laziness, and plain rude on their part i turned off went to car wash, end story.

My 20ish yr old self more than likely woulda just followed with a confrontation and gave them a choice $5 for car wash money or a beating whichever they wanted.
Funny how as you get older  one learns to discipline and show more restraint better, and think before action Cheesy

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: