Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1312976 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1680 on: February 08, 2016, 05:47:47 PM »

2) Overdose yourself on Vitamin C. Seriously, buy a bag or two of your favorite citrus fruit and eat ALL of it. Vitamin C kickstarts your immune system.

Very much this. I prefer eat Halls vitamin C drops like candy, but that's me. In either case flood your system with it.

And if you need something fast to open your sinuses up, I highly recommend taking a dap of hot Chinese mustard and running it over the roof of your mouth. You will be breathing in seconds. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1681 on: February 09, 2016, 02:40:02 AM »

Well, I just had my first property damage due to a saber accident.  Clipped a ceiling fan and while I can't SEE any signs of what happened on the outside, I clearly did something and am gonna have to have it replaced.  I practiced in the ONE room in the house that didn't have a vaulted ceiling.  Stupid mistake.

Given that my parents are still the landlords, I had to make up a story as to how it happened that did NOT involve accidentally Kylo Renning it.  They seem to be buying it, though hopefully that won't change when they actually see the fan.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1682 on: February 09, 2016, 03:00:50 AM »

Well, I just had my first property damage due to a saber accident.  Clipped a ceiling fan and while I can't SEE any signs of what happened on the outside, I clearly did something and am gonna have to have it replaced.  I practiced in the ONE room in the house that didn't have a vaulted ceiling.  Stupid mistake.

Given that my parents are still the landlords, I had to make up a story as to how it happened that did NOT involve accidentally Kylo Renning it.  They seem to be buying it, though hopefully that won't change when they actually see the fan.

Oh the scenarios that just went through my head.
"It was my one obstacle! It doubted me! I had to kill it!"

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1683 on: February 09, 2016, 03:17:21 AM »

Oh the scenarios that just went through my head.
"It was my one obstacle! It doubted me! I had to kill it!"

Yeah, really.  And the fact that I did it with a Flamberge... Wink

<---This is totally my face right now.  I just have to make sure NOT to laugh about it when my dad comes over to do the replacement, since that would give it away.  Thank goodness it'll be a few days.  That should be enough time to wipe this poodoo-eating grin off my face.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:32:38 AM by Darth Justicar » Logged

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1684 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:32 PM »

Citrus fruit and me not a good mix- too much orange and I have allergic reactions. Not as bad as my sis who can't have ANYTHING with orange juice, orange flavouring or colouring. I've got vitamin C tabs there and I've been drinking heaps. Sleeping has been problematic coz of the heat and sore throat plus I always sleep terribly. Not working tomorrow so I can sleep as much as I want and we've set up the sofa bed so we are in the cooler room- rather than the room that is still well over 30C (or 35 earlier in the night). Our bedroom just doesn't cool down and the sun blasts the front wall all morning.

My throats getting worse and I think I have a throat infection, it's swollen and incredibly sore. Off to the doctors tomorrow to see if I need antibiotics to kick it. All the usual remedies aren't doing a lot. Given my allergies I do need meds to fix coz if my immune system gets drained too far my asthma and allergies flare bad and then I'll get very sick Sad usually for colds and that I'll take just what a need to get through work or get to sleep coz sleep is one of the best medicines. Congestion isn't too bad, it's just that it is irritating my throat and making that worse.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1685 on: February 09, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »

On the off chance that you have strep throat, suggest seeing the doc sooner if symptoms continue to worsen.  Hope you feel better soon.   Smiley

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #1686 on: February 09, 2016, 11:47:44 PM »

so

broke up with my girlfriend of 6 3/4 years

she had used my laptop to go on a forum for youtube poop called "youchew". I was going to go on youtube, "youchew" was auto filled into the address bar and I pressed enter upon seeing "you"

came up on her profile with one of her most recent posts saying how she intended to dump me this week, looked further back and all she had been doing was ranting about me saying how she has been trying to dump me all January (wanted to the day after my birthday). But get as far back as December and her posts that mention me are all positive

but doesn't change the fact that for the last month she's been pushing me away and sabotaging all my attempts to help her with her depression, which I never knew was so bad because she never spoke to me. Especially in the last week.

essentially I've got fed-up of being the only one trying to move things forwards

I know that I've been feeling shelle lately because of work and its winter (I always feel down in winter), but I've been fighting hard to keep things together, whilst she's been pulling them apart

and so, being the ruthless (at times) person I am. I have decided to end things in a similar manner to how she's been sabotaging: lying, ignoring her and all through the internet

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1687 on: February 10, 2016, 03:39:08 AM »

Ok, in the last 6 posts we have a broken ceiling fan, nasty cold with possible strep throat, and the unpleasant end of a long term relationship.....

So, in order:

Darth Justicar - I had a ceiling fan "nip the tip" off of my saber.  Tip went flying and it took me a week to find it and glue it back on.  On the other hand, I'm going to say the saber won, since it out a dent in the metal fan blade  Wink.   Unfortunately I don't have any of my sabers at the moment, since they're in cleaning and storage after the fire.  So I'm being extra careful where I swing my katana in the rental property, especially around the ceiling fan on the main floor....

B1ondeange1 - definitely get to the doctor about that throat, it sounds really bad.  Hope you get well soon.  On a side note, how's the ankle doing?

Connah - good for you for ending it first.  It sounds like she didn't want to keep things going, so there was no point in you wasting energy on it.  It stinks that it didn't work out after that long together, but at least she didn't try to kill you in your sleep.  Keep your chin up, your Lightsaber ready, and if you get the chance, push her down some stairs.

My venting for the day involves the first email I read at work today was from my boss which may or may not have politely hinted that I should start looking for a new job....

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1688 on: February 10, 2016, 03:44:15 AM »

Darth Justicar - I had a ceiling fan "nip the tip" off of my saber.  Tip went flying and it took me a week to find it and glue it back on.  On the other hand, I'm going to say the saber won, since it out a dent in the metal fan blade  Wink.   Unfortunately I don't have any of my sabers at the moment, since they're in cleaning and storage after the fire.  So I'm being extra careful where I swing my katana in the rental property, especially around the ceiling fan on the main floor....

If only I'd just knocked the tip off my saber and the fan still worked... O_O  But yeah, don't follow my footsteps in a rental property the way I did.

Connah - good for you for ending it first.  It sounds like she didn't want to keep things going, so there was no point in you wasting energy on it.  It stinks that it didn't work out after that long together, but at least she didn't try to kill you in your sleep.  Keep your chin up, your Lightsaber ready, and if you get the chance, push her down some stairs.

Wow dude, I knew you were Dark Side, but dang...  Tongue

My venting for the day involves the first email I read at work today was from my boss which may or may not have politely hinted that I should start looking for a new job....

Ewww.  I had a boss do that to me once in a performance appraisal.  It was kinda...damning with faint praise.  Not a BAD PA...but enough to make sure I would not advance.  Luckily the position I found later ended up being way better and I'm still liking it.  If you feel like you're not being appreciated, or it's the wrong environment, looking for a new job might well be worth it.  Besides--as I experienced, finding a job is easier when you still have a job, as you do. Smiley

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1689 on: February 10, 2016, 05:02:09 AM »

If only I'd just knocked the tip off my saber and the fan still worked... O_O  But yeah, don't follow my footsteps in a rental property the way I did.

thats why saber practice gets done outdoors here Tongue we still haven't found the missing tip off jareds blade. only blade weve ever had the tip fall off of, and it does it regularly no matter how many times we glue it back on rofl!

Got a doctor appt this arvo. Unfortunately its with a doctor I don't like and it was the only appt left. Last time I saw her was not long after surgery and her solution to the pain I was in was "put up with it, listen to calming music and drink tea." When every other doctor was telling me keep on top of the pain because thats important for healing and recovery. Every other time I've seen her I've been disgruntled as well with her advice, so lets hope if i do have a throat infection that I don't just get told to gargle some salt water! (coz guess what honey, that ain't fixin' it atm!) I was going to get another painkiller script so I didn't have to go back next week for that (do it all in one go) but she will probably accuse me of being addicted to painkillers again and refuse (coz thats what happened last time- I get that she has a professional concern about such things but there are better ways of approaching it than just accusing someone like that!), so I'll just see a decent doctor (one of my normal GPs) next week for it.

Ankle is getting there. Up down movement is getting close to original and to be honest if this was as far as it could move I'd be fine with it. Sideways movement is still crap- but considering everything was tightened down hard on the outside thats no surprise Tongue itll slowly stretch out a little more but will always be stiffer than normal because that was the idea of the surgery Tongue Painwise it can be a little up and down, but in general I'm not going to work in pain, in fact my ankle doesn't get sore sore until towards the end of my shift. It is actually my leg and knee that are in pain, because of all the muscle degradation- my left calf was half the size of the right when it came out of the moonboot and it is still about 2/3rds and not the solid muscle of the right, which is hilarious because I've always had large solid calves from when I did taekwondo- and my knee having to adjust first up to the moonboot height and funny walking, then back down to normal height. I'm almost walking properly now, only a little limp.

Half my physio is now focused on building up leg muscle strength. Once that all recovers and I get more ankle strength and movement it will be building up stability and balance- the 'being able to recover from unforeseen circumstances' factor Tongue My physio is happy with my progress though. It'll be a long recovery but i don't care, so long as I DO recover.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1690 on: February 10, 2016, 05:14:46 AM »

I broke one of the ceiling fan lampshades a few months back.  Not getting my security deposit back.

Blondie, go to the doctor, a sore throat gets irksome fast.

Connah, went through something similar back when me and my GF broke up back at the end of September. It sucks, especially considering how long you were together but you did the right thing.  I hope you are able to move on quickly.

Connah
Knight Commander

« Reply #1691 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:51 AM »

Wow dude, I knew you were Dark Side, but dang...  Tongue

well I was and am utterly crushed by this, but rather than speaking to me she's been taking advice off people online, who from some of things they've posted, are not very cheery themselves, and so they've just been reinforcing/exaggerating anything negative in her life

her post go from being "theres some issues, but i'm sure we'll work it out" to "he's emotionally black mailing me, there's no commitment, he enver has time for me" all in the space of a few weeks.......all because she just didn't open her frelling mouth and tell me, Christ the amount of times I asked her if everything was ok when she seemed down

I need to put and axe through something

Dominix V4 VA with sound

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1692 on: February 10, 2016, 09:24:50 AM »

Yay. Laryngitis and some strong antibiotics. And I had to get blood tests for something else. I hate blood tests. I hate needles. I always have to tell them I need to lie down and that they freak me out. And of course today my veins wouldn't play nice and it took two attempts and my anxiety was just barely stopped from giving me a panic attack- yay for deep breathing and positive thoughts! Currently feeling sorry for myself coz my arm hurts, whether that's real or imaginary pain. Now I have to get ready for some health and safety meeting we have to do after hours at work. Hate them.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Connah
Knight Commander

« Reply #1693 on: February 10, 2016, 09:40:45 AM »

oooo the joys of health and saftey

Dominix V4 VA with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1694 on: February 10, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

It's snowing. Angry Angry Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: