Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313500 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3195 on: July 26, 2016, 09:51:23 PM »

I didn't need to be spanked to get the message.

Trust me, if you were subjected to the LECTURES I was, you'd learn to rue to massive wasting of your time and fun fast, on top of whatever privileges I lost for smarting off or acting up.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3196 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:46 PM »

Well actually no, there is a difference between Discipline and Abuse, you are aloud to discipline other peoples kids. Teachers and guardians to do all the time and it is perfectly legal it is called "in loco parentis" or in place of the parents.  They are in fact legally obligated to do so. Abuse is something completely different and is not legal for anyone. Spanking is considered discipline and not abuse. For it to be legally abuse it has to be sever( sever bruising, broken skin, bleeding broken bones). this also means you can't be old school and use stuff like belts or rulers to spank your kids because that falls under abuse.   

Yes, that. 

I don't think there's a damn thing wrong with telling someone else's child not to touch something or not to climb on something.  I also don't think there's anything wrong with telling a child "no" if they're bothering the hell out of you.  I remember I was trying to enjoy an anniversary dinner with my husband this little girl kept coming over to our table and pulling on the table cloth and laughing and just generally being nuisance.  If you think I smiled and thought it was cute, you're wrong. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3197 on: July 26, 2016, 10:52:02 PM »

I didn't need to be spanked to get the message.

anyone else mind go to a "place" or is that just me.
child discipline is such a contentious subject, but it shouldn't be really. in terms of child development, parents need to set boundaries and a system of punishment for children so that child learns what is and isn't socially acceptable. however, some parents seem uncomfortable or unwilling to do this.

when i worked in a shop and a child was running around pulling stuff out the shelves, I politely asked them to stop. when they didn't I asked loudly whose child it was and then told the mother that what he was doing was unacceptable. she the tried to have a go at me for telling off the child. i calmly told her that the shop was not a playground, I am not a babysitter and if she was unwilling or unable to control the child while she was in the shop then she would have to leave after paying for any damage the child caused. you should have seen her face when she asked to "speak to the manager" and i told her she was. she tried to threaten me by saying she will make a complaint to head office at about. I offered to give her the contact details of exactly who she would need to contact if she wished to. I think what frustrated her more than anything was that i was outwardly calm and respectful, even though inside i was raging at her rudeness. she finally made some comment under her breath about "darkies" at which time i told her to get out of the store and never come back. She tried to tell me I had no ground to ban her, at which time several other customers said that they had heard the entire exchange and would be willing to vouch for me in any legal proceedings. as she grabbed the child and walked out, she startd shouting at how crap the shop was and that she didn't want to buy anything there anyway.

After she left, all i said aloud to the customers remaining in the shop was "so why did she come in here in thee first place?". we had a good laugh and I went out back to make a coffee and calm down as my blood was boiling a little

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3198 on: July 26, 2016, 11:39:31 PM »

Wow. Lots to read.
My co-workersbest friends adopted a family friend's baby cuz the mother was a druggie, dad was in prison, grandparentson both sides were all addicts, so assumption was that they were gonna have issues since his genes come from a dysfunctional pool. But 9 years later, he is a great kid, smart, little attitude, loves life. Great parenting.
There's also my brothers and sisters in law who, and I got pissed at this weekend, don't do squat for their kids, swear like sailors around them, drink up a storm, are all self serving. Take em to a family vacation, NAH!! Buy a new purse, new clothes, new perfume, new gun, Hell Yes!! "I WORK!" is what I hear. My nephew cries that he wants to play football, but mom and dad HAVE TO sleep in on Saturday and have no time during the week.
But, they get on me for buying my kids sabers. "I don't agree with throwing $450 away on toys." Batch please! You just bought yourself 2 $100 purses, a new car, a new gun for hubs cuz he has to keep up with the guys from work; you just refied, went back to 30 years cuz you ammassed $20,000 in credit card debt. Me, I refied, went DOWN in years and monthly mortgage, took nothing out cuz all my cards are paid off and have been, and I am ridiculous for treating my kids to a saber after I worked 100+ in a week and chose to use that extra money for them, not me, them! But they don't care if I say to their kids, Stop diving in the pool, stop spitting at each other, stop playing with the water filter!! What's funny is they use me, or drop my name, when disciplining. "If you don't stop, I'm gonna tell Tio ____ to blah-blah-blah".

Oh yeah, and they all owe me money, and I make the least, and have the highest home payment. But my kids can always count on me to be there.

Damn! The nerve!!!! (that's what this threads for, ay..)

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3199 on: July 27, 2016, 12:09:14 AM »

Good Lord, Knox, I'm amazed you didn't ban that woman from the store permanently for her foul mouth and attitude. O_O

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3200 on: July 27, 2016, 12:11:03 AM »

Good Lord, Knox, I'm amazed you didn't ban that woman from the store permanently for her foul mouth and attitude. O_O
i did ban her for life.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3201 on: July 27, 2016, 12:19:22 AM »

GOOD.  Because no one should be allowed to get away with that kind of language.  That's the kind of thing I used to kick people out for in my last job.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #3202 on: July 27, 2016, 12:36:01 AM »

child discipline is such a contentious subject, but it shouldn't be really. in terms of child development, parents need to set boundaries and a system of punishment for children so that child learns what is and isn't socially acceptable. however, some parents seem uncomfortable or unwilling to do this.

when i worked in a shop and a child was running around pulling stuff out the shelves, I politely asked them to stop. when they didn't I asked loudly whose child it was and then told the mother that what he was doing was unacceptable. she the tried to have a go at me for telling off the child. i calmly told her that the shop was not a playground, I am not a babysitter and if she was unwilling or unable to control the child while she was in the shop then she would have to leave after paying for any damage the child caused. you should have seen her face when she asked to "speak to the manager" and i told her she was. she tried to threaten me by saying she will make a complaint to head office at about. I offered to give her the contact details of exactly who she would need to contact if she wished to. I think what frustrated her more than anything was that i was outwardly calm and respectful, even though inside i was raging at her rudeness. she finally made some comment under her breath about "darkies" at which time i told her to get out of the store and never come back. She tried to tell me I had no ground to ban her, at which time several other customers said that they had heard the entire exchange and would be willing to vouch for me in any legal proceedings. as she grabbed the child and walked out, she startd shouting at how crap the shop was and that she didn't want to buy anything there anyway.

After she left, all i said aloud to the customers remaining in the shop was "so why did she come in here in thee first place?". we had a good laugh and I went out back to make a coffee and calm down as my blood was boiling a little

Well done, DK!
And it's not about the child really, there are certain types of parents who actually use their children as a shield and excuse to do, say or judge literally anybody or anything. These people doesn't seem to understand their boundaries of control and responsibility for their children AND the environment what obviously contains elements which is not there solely for them.
If they can learn from a response you gave them, they can be fine. If not, I don't really know what could bring these parents back to reality. Not to mention what these kids will pass on to their own when the time comes...

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3203 on: July 27, 2016, 12:38:42 AM »

Well done, Knox. Well done.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3204 on: July 27, 2016, 01:10:52 AM »

It all depends on the child really.  Some form of disciplines work for some and others it doesn't.  Where it all starts though is respect..if a child isn't instilled with respect for their parents and those around them....no form of punishment will fix their behavior.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3205 on: July 27, 2016, 01:29:18 AM »

Wow. Lots to read.
My co-workersbest friends adopted a family friend's baby cuz the mother was a druggie, dad was in prison, grandparentson both sides were all addicts, so assumption was that they were gonna have issues since his genes come from a dysfunctional pool. But 9 years later, he is a great kid, smart, little attitude, loves life. Great parenting.
There's also my brothers and sisters in law who, and I got pissed at this weekend, don't do squat for their kids, swear like sailors around them, drink up a storm, are all self serving. Take em to a family vacation, NAH!! Buy a new purse, new clothes, new perfume, new gun, Hell Yes!! "I WORK!" is what I hear. My nephew cries that he wants to play football, but mom and dad HAVE TO sleep in on Saturday and have no time during the week.
But, they get on me for buying my kids sabers. "I don't agree with throwing $450 away on toys." Batch please! You just bought yourself 2 $100 purses, a new car, a new gun for hubs cuz he has to keep up with the guys from work; you just refied, went back to 30 years cuz you ammassed $20,000 in credit card debt. Me, I refied, went DOWN in years and monthly mortgage, took nothing out cuz all my cards are paid off and have been, and I am ridiculous for treating my kids to a saber after I worked 100+ in a week and chose to use that extra money for them, not me, them! But they don't care if I say to their kids, Stop diving in the pool, stop spitting at each other, stop playing with the water filter!! What's funny is they use me, or drop my name, when disciplining. "If you don't stop, I'm gonna tell Tio ____ to blah-blah-blah".

Oh yeah, and they all owe me money, and I make the least, and have the highest home payment. But my kids can always count on me to be there.

Damn! The nerve!!!! (that's what this threads for, ay..)
There Majobu5 - a good vent...lol

AND a +1 because you're a good dude. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3206 on: July 27, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

Ahhhh Kids Smiley

Before having kids, i had theories (and even ideology) about raising kids. But honestly, once parent, you understand that there is a lot of improvisation Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3207 on: July 27, 2016, 12:07:41 PM »

There Majobu5 - a good vent...lol

AND a +1 because you're a good dude. Smiley

Thanks for the point, but I'm sure I'll be back to 0 soon

Oh, I already am

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3208 on: July 27, 2016, 02:31:05 PM »

Thanks for the point, but I'm sure I'll be back to 0 soon

Oh, I already am
Now you're -1??

Screwy.  Angry

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3209 on: July 27, 2016, 03:41:02 PM »

Well actually no, there is a difference between Discipline and Abuse, you are aloud to discipline other peoples kids. Teachers and guardians to do all the time and it is perfectly legal it is called "in loco parentis" or in place of the parents.  They are in fact legally obligated to do so. Abuse is something completely different and is not legal for anyone. Spanking is considered discipline and not abuse. For it to be legally abuse it has to be sever( sever bruising, broken skin, bleeding broken bones). this also means you can't be old school and use stuff like belts or rulers to spank your kids because that falls under abuse.  

I define spanking as "an open-handed slap to the gluteus maximus". Because honestly, can you really spank any other part of the body?

But those damn hippies hear the word 'hit' and it's "OMG you hauled off and struck that child with all the strength you could muster." As effective as that might be Roll Eyes, it's highly unnecessary. It doesn't take that much to get the appropriate reaction from a child through physical discipline. I know I said it, but you don't literally need to knock your kids out.

The problem I have with the "time-out" method is that too quickly a child learns that it is only a minor inconvenience, and the supervising authority is then further inconvenienced by having to monitor the progress (if any) of the time out.

I've learned (first hand Roll Eyes) the worst spankings are the ones you have to wait for. They don't come quickly out of anger. Then the fear of the inevitable sinks in and the horror of pain to come grips the imagination to such a degree that the actual event is far less terrible. It taught me that I would never escape my parents judgment. Plus I watched waaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much Nick at Nite when I was little. Those old TV shows taught me that everyone in town knew who my parents were, so if I misbehaved my parents would find out. So I just didn't try.

BRAVO! Masterfully handled. Nothing infuriates more than lack of reaction. She was trying to get a rise out of you, so that you would lose the upper hand. It's an intimidation tactic. And there is nothing sweeter than when you "pull their teeth out" by remaining calm.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: