Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306742 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6165 on: January 26, 2018, 08:28:30 PM »

I am at a point where the idea of quitting in spectacular fashion without having another job is starting to sound like a legitimately good idea.
Be cool. There are reasons.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6166 on: January 26, 2018, 10:37:28 PM »

I aim to greet, or be greeted, as rarely as absolutely possible, in the morning.

In other words you prefer to be left alone "Please do not disturb".  Tongue

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6167 on: January 26, 2018, 10:43:47 PM »

In other words you prefer to be left alone "Please do not disturb".  Tongue

Being mostly an introvert, and a severe non morning person, yeah, at least till I've had coffee.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6168 on: January 26, 2018, 11:57:23 PM »

Some of the things people share on Facebook, without paying any mind to who it may be insulting....

"The hottness/craziness chart."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuI6GTY9eVc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuI6GTY9eVc</a>

Already pretty sexist and demeaning towards women in general, but then the end really takes the cake. If I here the word "TRANNY" you better be talking about cars...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6169 on: January 27, 2018, 12:20:19 AM »

The still tells me enough. Not gonna waste my time watching it.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6170 on: January 27, 2018, 12:27:12 AM »

Yeah, I've seen that vid.  Not funny.  But if you don't find it funny, then you "don't have a sense of humor."  Kriff off.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6171 on: January 27, 2018, 12:50:28 AM »

The still tells me enough. Not gonna waste my time watching it.
Yeah, I've seen that vid.  Not funny.  But if you don't find it funny, then you "don't have a sense of humor."  Kriff off.

The worst part? The offending sharer is a woman, whom I lost a bit of respect for.

And yeah, no. I just have a more appropriate sense of humor and care about other people's feelings.

And if we're as crazy as you say in the video, maybe not making us mad is a good policy... Wink

(Sig by me!)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6172 on: January 27, 2018, 06:13:51 AM »

It's pretty easy to offend people these days, the world is just too PC. This coming from somebody who called or another member for a word they used.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #6173 on: January 27, 2018, 04:30:35 PM »

It's pretty easy to offend people these days, the world is just too PC. This coming from somebody who called or another member for a word they used.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is true.  I've often rolled my eyes over "social justice warriors" and been like, "wow, you just can't say anything anymore."  I've found out that words I commonly use aren't acceptable anymore and it's frustrating to try and remember that, "oh, X word or phrase is now a no-no!"

However, there is a line and the line is different with every single person.  As a biological female, I don't like the way this particular brand of humor is used in this context.  I don't think it's funny.  It just rubs me the wrong way and it will continue to do so.

But hey, that's me.  

Before this turns into an argument about why people should or should not be offended, let me offer a change in subject for those already rolling their eyes.  Wink

The customer is most certainly not "always right."  I am so, so, SO sick of this mentality!  It's creating this weird sense of entitlement amongst people, the idea that if they pitch a fit over something minor, they can get something for free or at least, get their way.  WHY IS THIS A THING??  Managers need to stand up for their employees sometimes, wtf.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6174 on: January 27, 2018, 06:42:23 PM »

This is true.  I've often rolled my eyes over "social justice warriors" and been like, "wow, you just can't say anything anymore."  I've found out that words I commonly use aren't acceptable anymore and it's frustrating to try and remember that, "oh, X word or phrase is now a no-no!"

However, there is a line and the line is different with every single person.  As a biological female, I don't like the way this particular brand of humor is used in this context.  I don't think it's funny.  It just rubs me the wrong way and it will continue to do so.

But hey, that's me.  

Before this turns into an argument about why people should or should not be offended, let me offer a change in subject for those already rolling their eyes.  Wink

The customer is most certainly not "always right."  I am so, so, SO sick of this mentality!  It's creating this weird sense of entitlement amongst people, the idea that if they pitch a fit over something minor, they can get something for free or at least, get their way.  WHY IS THIS A THING??  Managers need to stand up for their employees sometimes, wtf.

I still don't understand modern people... you're offended by something that was said or done 20+ years, but you don't care that I'm offended when I see you on the evening news marching around in a giant vagina costume or wearing one on your head...  Others are offended when the police do their jobs and then, when the officer isn't dealt with how they feel they should be, I don't get a chance to be offended because they burned down an entire neighborhood or blocked traffic for 4 hours...
When do I get to be offended?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6175 on: January 27, 2018, 07:19:33 PM »

me thinks we are getting dangerously close to verboten territory...  Here. some light venting.

How about those (Insert Sports Team name Here)...what a bunch of bums huh...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #6176 on: January 27, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »

I still don't understand modern people... you're offended by something that was said or done 20+ years, but you don't care that I'm offended when I see you on the evening news marching around in a giant vagina costume or wearing one on your head...  Others are offended when the police do their jobs and then, when the officer isn't dealt with how they feel they should be, I don't get a chance to be offended because they burned down an entire neighborhood or blocked traffic for 4 hours...
When do I get to be offended?

I'd watch where you go with this, if I were you (due to forum rules).  And you can be offended at whatever the hell you like, man.  Like I said before, everyone has a line.   Yours is your business.  I don't know if you're speaking of "you" in the collective or directly to me since you quoted me, so I will give the benefit of the doubt here and assume you meant the collective.  Do whatever you want in the "I'm offended" department.  Like the cheesy 90's song says, that's your prerogative.   But I'll continue to do me in my style.  That's all.

Moving on . . .

me thinks we are getting dangerously close to verboten territory...  Here. some light venting.

How about those (Insert Sports Team name Here)...what a bunch of bums huh...

What's going in man fetch this week?  Someone won something and the internet is Mad About It™?  I'd ask what's so appealing about chasing balls, but my dog is giving me the stink eye like I'd better not ask questions and just obey his need to fetch.   (but NO TAKE, only throw!)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6177 on: January 27, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »

yeah, sorry about my previous post... should have realized how close to a line it was, and I do apologize...
this is what happens if I post without my coffee...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #6178 on: January 27, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »

Back at the morning greeting talk. Working in the parks department, it's customary for us to greet everyone in the parks. For the longest time, I've always said the standard "Good morning" to everyone I came across. But after catching myself many times saying it around the 11am mark, where it was no longer morning, I decided to switch to "How are ya". Except, some people actually answer this, and they go into detail which leads down different tangents of their life. I've finally landed on just saying "Howdy" and walking away lmao

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6179 on: January 27, 2018, 09:07:09 PM »

I think the line SHOULD be very simple. If you wouldn't like somebody saying a thing about you, even if it's "a joke" at your expense, then don't say it about that person. If you don't see why something is bad, here's an exercise to help:

Take the "T" word above(Tranny for those not paying attention). Take your sentence or joke, and replace the "T" word with a word you DO know isn't acceptable. Like the "N" word. If it sounds like something that you maybe shouldn't say in that configuration, then don't say it in the original either.

Also, this hacking cough can go kriff itself! You know the type that nothing helps, even proper cough medicine?! Yeah it's that type. And cough medicine is so gross. You'd think after all these years and advancement in pharmaceuticals, we could have managed to make a cough medicine that DOESN'T taste like you're drinking poison!?

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: